Development Discussions

DeletedUser1105

"Finalizing discussions, prior to submitting to developers"

Brilliant. This is EXACTLY what we needed.

Can't wait until the rules for it are put up, hopefully very well moderated, and maybe once the discussion is finalised, someone to summarise the whole thing to go to the developers.

DeletedUser

I am hoping that it doesn't turn into a spam fest in there, maybe threads should be thrashed out in brain farts then trimmed up and put there

DeletedUser1105

I think that is the idea. Hopefully it will be only mods allowed to start threads in there.

When they see a good idea, they should ask someone to summarise the points agreed fairly, after it has been thrashed out. Then it goes to the discussions thread, for the mods to show the developers.

DeletedUser

We definitely need to be more disciplined when it come to putting forward a proposal.
Basically one person needs to propose an idea fully in one post that is then debated and hopefully amended in the light of discussion. I certainly wouldn't want to subject a developer to reading all the waffle. Basically agreeing with what you guys say.....where did this quote come from sd?

DeletedUser

Personally, I am waiting to see what's put in there first. I just hope it's something good/

DeletedUser

well those german creators don't read english forums. so sending a direct message might help a little idk if they still will care what 'we' think

DeletedUser1105

It is under the description of the forum Ulthor.

But yes you are right. It needs to be very well controlled. One person per idea to summarise agreed points.

Once it seems fully discussed, then post a poll and maybe it needs 75% of the votes to get passed?

DeletedUser

I'd say 2/3rds should be enough. That's the normal level for constitutional change, which is going to be very hard to achieve. It's probably gonna depend more on the title of the suggestion than the content.

DeletedUser

Plus as has been pointed out , people like participating in the polls , but are not forth coming on their views .
This makes it difficult to re craft a suggestion to garner greater support .

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

OH people easily forget and there is quite a circulation so i don't think that will be a problem. Anyway, I think we should be very restrained about what we put forward there. Make it clear, concise and logical. No innuendo, no lectures, no jokes. To win the poll I'll have a title like; 'There should be more really cool stuff on the game!' That will win the vote, then put forward a serious idea.

DeletedUser1105

Haha!

Yes, it needs to be done properly, or the developers will not take us seriously.

We have petitioned for this, let's not ruin it.

DeletedUser

There a couple regulars and a host of irregulars yet unheard from .
We still have the possibility to have this spiral into venomous bickering and endless tangent chasing .

DeletedUser

thats what the summaries are about. and i hope your keeping track of the new posts ulthor. and go vote. and the rest of you go vote. then we can put together a post for general consensus of important design additions.

DeletedUser1105

Yes, we may agree here and now, but let's see how it works when we finally get let loose on that forum!

DeletedUser

If it is to be an "open" forum there will always be late comers putting their say in .
"I didn't see this "," I'm new but...","Why wasn't this discussed?", added to The eloquently posed proposal .

DeletedUser1105

That is where mods come in. Once it has been discussed, they can close the thread. Or, copy the points into a new thread and lock it, so the whole thread is one post that sums up the agreed points.

DeletedUser

Wouldn't it just be easier to thrash it out in brain farts then move it to the new forum or a summery of the thread moved there

DeletedUser

The process to do that , is the discussion at hand . Unless I'm off the mark .