The Decision quest - calumet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I can either take the decision quest for John or for Waupee - John gives $500, Waupee gives 100 XP and a calumet. Which is more worthwhile? Is the calumet needed in any quest later on in the game? (West Stats doesn't seem to think so.)
:unsureg:

DeletedUser

Both! The cash would help get another level on the store or tailor in town, which I need, but I also need XP to get up a level. If I may need the calumet in future for a quest though, that would swing it.

DeletedUser

I would think if it was needed for a future quest, it would be up against choosing over $500. Generally the 'choice' quests seem fairly balanced, and the cash wouldn't be worth it. Still, just because we havent got to a quest yet that needs it doesn't mean that quest wont pop up (or be invented) in the future...

DeletedUser

There's a rumor over at the German forums that the decisions you make in the "choice" quests affect your chances of finding the Piece of a note (part 3). Apparently, the choice you make in one or several of these quests determines when (or whether) a new quest involving the note pops up. This hasn't been officially confirmed though, and I personally don't think the first quest (the decision) affects the outcome, because you can get the calumet later on by selling guns to Indians.

DeletedUser3741

I would ignore the Calumet entirely

What do you need more 500$ or 100xp

DeletedUser

Well, it wont affect actually "finding" the note. Ive already got the note and I havent even got to the choice part of that series of quests. At most it might affect getting that quest, but I don't know because I havent got there yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.