Reduce out of town buy price

DeletedUser3741

How many items can be seriously bought out of town

even cheap items like a colored shirt becomes an obscene amount, and late game items are just impossible

the only items that ever sell out of town are items that cost pennies in town, and occasionally and horribly rarely someone buys a "expensive" item, as in a donkey out of town

Almost no money is funneled out of the game with this system because of how impossible it is for it to work,

anyone would always join a town to buy the item, then donate an amount to the treasury of the town, which causes towns to get built faster and this system gets laughed at, the 5% you make from people buying out of town is laughable at the not only how rare it is, but also by the fact that is borderline impossible to buy anything of any real value

Suggest to lower the out of town buy price to 50% more from original town buy, if this is implemented I also suggest increasing the town treasury payout to 10%

at the very least 2x the original buy price

DeletedUser

Yes I agree.

The percentages too make sense.

In the early days, we'd see income from donkeys and quest items, right now I would say rarely because everyone is allied to everyone else or would be smart enough to ask for a town invite to get into town to buy it.

DeletedUser

What if , instead of dropping the item price , You raise the towns revenue ?
If the town received 60% of the price of an outside purchase would that not stop the "rotation policies" . The donkey You mentioned , if a player was forced to donate $600 to save $150 on a donkey would it be worth the joining/leaving , and why would the town give up the possible $588 by allowing a person to join to possibly donate the agreed amount . This would encourage town membership and raise town revenue .

DeletedUser3741

because if you increase the town revenue by such a steep amount you wouldnt even need to donate anymore since a donkey sale would provide your town enough to build for 4 hours, and the mass amount of cheap item sales would put your town sitting on a perpetual 1~2k treasury

however i do see increasing the amount the town makes as a solution, tho the % would have to be max at 25%

the percentage would be high enough so that there wouldnt be anymore cycling to cause the imbalance we currently have of players joining to save money, it would also promote players to spend obscene amounts on their own town for the discount since most towns wouldnt allow players to join buy and leave

however this doesnt fix the problem that if a player has no town, or a weak town, and he does not see asking for an invite as a viable means to get the items cheaper all it will do is cause the player to become disillusion and want to quit the game

think about it
at low level jobs you make around $10-20 for a 2 hour shift, and a donkey outside of town costs $1000, as a average player i do not know that i can get that reduced by 75% if i was to join the town, and i would see this statistically - to be able to save up $1000 on my salery I would have to do this for about 200 hours, and this is for a crappy item, to get a half decent item, or maybe a fancy item i would have to do this for several times longer then 200 hours, this will cause the average player to quit before he even really started

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think You over estimate the volume of purchases , but I see the point .

DeletedUser

Cheaper items out of town would be a good way to increase the sales.

I rarely ever buy anything out of town these days, due to items beeing stupifying expensive.

DeletedUser

In the space of 1 month, 2 people bought donkeys in our house. It's not really that rare. Only got 5% ($ 50) lol.

DeletedUser

And you seriously underestimate how many items get bought from the top towns as well there are days when you get 0 sales.. and then there are days when you get 5-6 sales

DeletedUser

this idea will never get to the vote.

the devs want us to slow down not speed up.

sure i whould like to get some exstra free cash when someone buys an item from me.
but it whould only make it so much easyer for the people in the top.

every time a new world opens people try to be the first to build a town and the first to get a GS and hotel.

if your idea got into work then the first to have a GS whould make so much money that he only whould need builders to build hes town up even faster and then he gets a tailor and will get even more money.

like Ulthor said
Inflation!

DeletedUser3741

The amount of money the town makes is directly related to the out of town buy price, if that goes down then so will the amount of money the town makes

a donkey at 250 with out of town price of 1000 gives the town 50 at 5%
a donkey at 250 with out of town price of 500 gives the town 25 at 5%
a donkey at 250 with out of town price of 375 gives the town 18 at 5%

but then you could argue quantity vs quality, since at the moment its just impossible to buy a item of any value out of town since ridiculously priced. Any money this system TRIES to take away is instantly made void by the fact that you can invite them to the town, and they will donate a insanely larger sum then the 5% you would have gotten, the game tries to remove such a stupid amount of inflation at once that it ends up backfiring and creates inflation

If at the moment you invite someone to town for a donkey, and they donate 100% item value, the only money that is removed from the game is the cost of the donkey, so 250, and 250 goes to the bank, so the game removes 250

If you would lower the out of town buy price for donkey, then people would invite to buy items less, the person buying the donkey would still pay the original 500 from the previous setting but the game will have removed 475 from the system since only 25 this time instead of 250 will go to the towns treasury

DeletedUser

i can agree to that. it was more the lets get more out of sales i did not like.

but if people get better items for less money then they will grow faster in lvl.

but as long as you only are talking about outsider price i can go along whit the first part of your idea.

DeletedUser

I definately agree costs need to be lowered however i would also suggest that that wages increase

DeletedUser2708

How about we either a) do away with "out-of-towner" pricing altogether, or b) do away with reduced goods level for out-of-towners? I've never understood the rationale behind this. One or the other should be done away with, keeping both just seems silly! Instead of just rationalizing screwy rules, why don't we change them if we can't come up with a good reason for having them in the first place?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3741

Reduced Goods level I can slightly understand to give a special stock to the people who worked hard to make

I also can understand that out of towners would have to pay more then in towners, however, a reasonable amount if around 10% cheaper then out of towners, maybe Ill go even so far to say 25% cheaper

However when you take it to 75% cheaper, it just becomes unreasonable

DeletedUser

There is another way of looking at this.
I absolutely agree that the price differential makes it ridiculous that you would ever contemplate buying an expensive item out of town.

However towns do not always get the items they most want....far from it! which means that diplomacy has to take place to allow shopping. This diplomacy is an interesting strategic part of the game. Diplomacy requires social interaction, which is something this game desperately needs.

Also cheaper goods = inflation

DeletedUser3741

On the count of social interaction is a small one as you can go to fairly any town offer them a sum and most likely they will allow you to do your business

Also Ive already explained the bit about inflation

DeletedUser

The thing is that when we are looking at towns and player's maxing out, which we will be soon. Then players are going to need certain top end items to finish off their build. The prohibitive cost actually means that if you DON'T have friendly relations with a town that stocks item then you can't get it.

This situation you describe of just being able to easily get an invite to a town doesn't apply if there are rivalries with your town....as is increasingly the case.

DeletedUser3741

Surely that not every town that carries the item you need will be against you

Ill admit then it does provoke a small amount of interaction between players, but there must be a better way to stimulate this

DeletedUser

At the end of the day your proposal does make a lot of sense. If the game made more sense in other ways then this would make sense.
So basically you win the argument. I no longer oppose this:)