summary of wanted additions

DeletedUser

Ok, so from what I have been reading, here is a recap of the most prominently and well thought out additions most players would like to see in the game, which have been supported by the best arguements and have the most benefit with the least amount of serious changes to coding and gameplay. im doing this from memory so if i misname the associated thread dont bite my head off!

1. every skill should be used for more then just a job requirement. see thread "skill revamping"

2. the town signpost should have a profiling ability for town founder to write a small blurb in. see thread "town profile on signpost"

3. people should have the ability to purchase premium nuggets for any character on any world. see thread "upgrading a friend"

4. there needs to be a gambling hall addition. there is a lot of in depth discussion on this in the thread "poker houses!"

5. a more in depth, refined search tool for the map. there are a million hreads on this and most of them have half brained ideas as to how to make it work, but the simple fact is that something needs to be implemented.

6. players need to be able to trade items and money. this is a must for character interaction. an auction house would be a VERY nice addition. even if it was a premium advantage.

7. a point system cap should be placed on buildings in towns. this will allow for late game individuality, and strategy while designing your community. see thread "building levels"

8. high end rare items that are animals(or just equipable in the horse slot) that give various benefits should be added. see thread "more animals"

9. a faster way to travel long distances, either through train stations or stage coaches. look up "train station" threads.

10. an iphone application should be designed and sold in the apple app store. this is a personal request that i believe would be quite lucrative for Innogames as a whole. there is really nothing like this available for the iphone and i think many people would pay 3 dollars for the app plus use premium accounts. im just sayin... i would. fhgwgads.

11. a bank robbery/ jail system would be appreciated by many players. again there are many ideas as to how this should be implemented in the thread "banks getting robbed and people put to jail"

12. players should be able to duel as long as they are at the same location. it shouldnt have to be only in a town. i can gun someone down in a cornfield just as easily as in a street. maybe i just dont know how to do it, but i have tried and i cant get it to work.

13. i am sure i speak for everyone when i say we would all LOVE to see DEVELOPER INTERACTION in the forums. it would bring the entire game much closer together, and drastically improve forum interaction.

these are my personal top 13 things that should be addressed by players, mods, and devs alike. i think that addressing these requests would add depth to character creation, late game strategy, player interaction, game appeal, forum interaction, and premium purchases, which all add to the general longevity and playability of the game. Isn't that what this entire forum thread is all about?

DeletedUser

A fair synopsis of the most recent discussions . However I take issue with item 8. 'more animals' . An idea was put forth , a few people agreed , then active members made fun of it for 6 pages . This is not a strongly supported idea .

DeletedUser

the idea has a lot of merit. just because the thread fell into gamergooglymoogly doesnt mean the idea wasnt worth supporting. i think choice is the key definition of a good game, and giving someone the ability to choose between being faster or deadlier with a weapon/better looking/etc is a good thing to add with relatively little work involved.

DeletedUser1105

I disagree with 8, 9 and I'm not too sure about 6.

The important ones for me are 13, 5, 13, 4, 2 and 13.

DeletedUser

i respect that. maybe we should have a poll. 1-13, list in order of importance to you to see implemented, or put a D next to the number in question if you disagree with it as a part of the game. extra input for your reasonings would be helpful as well.

DeletedUser

Just a big thankyou to you keighlon for doing this. We can all argue about the nitty-gritty but this is almost a 'petition' that we will all hopefully be able to sign and then present as a cogent list for the attention of the haughty and aloof ones.

DeletedUser

yes i will sd. i got an excel spreadsheet for it already. when people start posting i will put them in order of importance and marks of disagreement. but for the spreadsheet to work easily, i gotta change the poll a little. rate each item 1-10, 1 being lowest, 10 being necesarry.

heres basically what your answers will boil down to so please be accurate:

1. dislike idea and DO NOT want to see it implemented. EVER.
2. dislike idea. dont care if it ever sees play, but if it does it wont hurt the game for me.
3. dislike idea because i see no real value in it for the game. idea itself doesnt bother me, but its not important.
4-6 decent idea. if it happens it happens.
7. good idea. would like to see this happen.
8. good idea. feel that this idea would greatly improve the game as a whole.
9. great idea. believe very passionately about this subject and think it would totally change the game for the better.
10. this idea must be implemented soon for me to continue to play this game.

i know a lot of people have tendencies to put 6-9 on things that dont really mean alot to them for posterity's sake, but i urge you to be honest and unbiased. remember 1-3 mean you do NOT want the idea implemented. 4-6 means you dont mind, but you dont need it to be happy. 7-10 mean that you feel this is avery important thing to be added to the game.

oh and my space button is broke so if my words run together sorry.

NOW POST YEW VARMINTS!

ill give updates at 10, 20, and 30 posts. dont post to be dumb either, or ill chop your head off with one of those cheap flimsy rubber spatulas you get for cake batter at the dollar store... you know the ones where the paddle always pops off after the second use? hell i mean they are only 99 cents.....

POST!

DeletedUser1105

Ok cool. As long as it is going to be collated into some sort of sense then it's fine. My ratings are based on these things being ironed out with some more discussion, because some of them are not perfected yet. For example, number 8 asks for more rare high end items, yet direct people to the 'More Animals' thread. I hate the animals idea, but like the idea of having more rare items.

Idea 01: 8
Idea 02: 9
Idea 03: 7
Idea 04: 9
Idea 05: 9
Idea 06: 5
Idea 07: 8
Idea 08: 4
Idea 09: 1
Idea 10: 5
Idea 11: 8
Idea 12: 4
Idea 13: 9

DeletedUser

thanks sd. im at work, as soon as i get home i will put these in. and thats the kind of additional input this thread needs. you dont like the animals, per se, but you would like rare/ unique items. now would you mind things being able to be equipped in the horse slot, as long as they werent ******ed?

DeletedUser1105

Yeah, you could choose wether to have an item that gives you better travelling speed (a horse), or one that gives you a different benefit.

DeletedUser

such as to luck, chance to find an item, experience gained, money earned.
it should not be attributes or skills

DeletedUser

1. 4
2. 6
3. 8
4. 9
5. 8
6. 4
7. 9
8. as animals 1 / as items 7
9. 6
10. 4
11. 9
12. 7
13. 9

If this gets a good response it will be quite interesting to see .

DeletedUser

Gem, if people start voting and we collate the answers, will you be taking this info to the devs?

DeletedUser

I think a few of them are good ideas, we'll see how many people think they are good ideas!

And you must think I am everywhere! muaha~~

DeletedUser

nope, but if gem IS everywhere then we can get more participation and see what people really want to see. if people think that their vote might count towards something they will be more likely to participate.

p.s. you havent voted ulthor :p

thanks gem!

DeletedUser

Yes, totally agree with everything you are saying. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not rushing this, because i think it is important. There are probably some more ideas that need to go down before I want to think about ranking them. Also i'm still listening to arguments and changing my mind, so I'm not quite fixed about what i think.
By the way I believe Gem is an unpaid volunteer, so it's not her 'job' to do stuff, she's just helpful.

DeletedUser

oh i know. thats why i said thanks. but gem has the ability to post in the mod forum, which i have heard the devs look at more often. so it would be really helpful to know that we could at least get our little "petition" to a higher level.

and dont worry about other ideas, i see a few coming up as well and when i am done with this summary i will start a new one.