Workers courtesy code

DeletedUser

A little something I would like to propose to town leaders, and possibly duellists willing to listen.

A courtesy code towards workers.

Now I understand duellists will always be around, and always sniffing out easy targets and possibly money.
I have no problem with that (workers with loose cash deserve to lose cash ;)).

However what I, and many other workers would appreciate is if you downgraded your weapons while fighting us.
EG, a broken clay jug or worn sling shot.

Or possibly using the opposite weapon type to your skill spec (eg vigor -> ranged, shooting -> melee).

The reason behind this is so you do less damage.
Given that many workers are incapable of hitting back what this does is prevent significant damage being done to them while still getting the same rewards.

This also means that the risk of a worker being KO'd is significantly lower, duellists can attack them more often and construction work/jobs are alot less likely to be interrupted for the worker (allowing them to level faster, and remain targets no less).

You can estimate a workers HP by this simple calc: 20*lvl + 90 HP.

The difference between doing 100 damage per duel and 200-300 damage is VERY significant.
It is the difference between knocking them out in 2 duels and making the target unavailable for 48 hours (and very annoyed) or being able to sustainably attack them over a long period.

Overall its a win/win situation for all involved and im sure alot of happier people all round :p

DeletedUser

I very much doubt that it would be implemented. I don't attack laborers anymore because it does seem to be an unwritten rule within some towns, but I don't see it being fully implemented world wide.

If someone does keep attacking you, you need to get your hired guns to exact revenge.

DeletedUser

Great idea. Couldn't agree more. If you need EXP from dueling, just get EXP, don't knock them down.

But then, like Lone Ranger said, I doubt it too. One reason would be there are some melee duelers under Workers' skin and you can't tell the difference.

DeletedUser

You can usually tell the difference after the first duel, deth to ninja melee lamers:bandit:

I dont need to worry if I need revenge as my town has plenty of duelists, unfortunately almost regardless reponse times will be slow due to the international nature of the game and a rude duelist can quite happily attack for several hours before a appropriate punishment is metted out :p

DeletedUser1105

You are never, ever in a million years, going to get people to do this.

DeletedUser

C'mon really let's even go so far as to put this in perspective. Bandits of any variety attack soft targets with lots of money. And the Western frontier was no exception. In one of the other threads people were whining about historical accuracy, but let's face it gunfights at high noon on main street were the exception not the norm. Ambushes were common getting shot in the back was common (why do you think stagecoaches had somebody riding shotgun?). Duelers are going to continue to target Workers and adventurers because they tend to be an easier mark than say somebody who actually focusses on being able to use a weapon effectively. So buck up little cowboy either find somebody to dish out some revenge among your townsfolk or invest some points in dueling skills (at least the defensive ones)

DeletedUser

Seems people are comprehending this the wrong way for some reason.

I already said I have NO PROBLEM with duellists attacking, taking money, exp etc.

However, while they are doing so I wouldnt mind if they held back on the damage a bit, so it benefits BOTH them and the target builder :p

Revenge of course all depends on the targets towns policies/duellists/friends ;)

DeletedUser1105

But it is entirely possible to strike lucky and win against a dueller, even if you are a builder. If the dueller changes his/her weapon, you making it a little more likely.

DeletedUser

Why would I lower my dueling skills just because you are a laborer? If I'm going to duel you, I'm coming at you with my best ensemble.

DeletedUser

i think tunk means this will help every one dulest(what i am)still get cash and workers dont get completly stuffed

DeletedUser

I'd rather just sit back and laugh at people wasting time trying to hack away at my huge hp bar while not getting anything done. Wow you got a few exp points, you're a level 99 waste of space...

Codeguru

DeletedUser

I disagree. I am not a duelist, I'm a worker. But I came very very close to dueling one of my own town members before I dismissed him. I wanted to because he had never payed any of the "taxes" or gave any money at all ( I'm talking $50 would have helped for something!) At least then I would have got some money to repay for the time he
wasted. So dueling is not stupid or anything, and I dont think there should be a code.

DeletedUser

I think that workers just need to get better weapons if they want to fend of duellers. I think it is rediculous that people complain about this it is a game

DeletedUser

Sounds to me like some people need to get their skins thickened up a bit. It's a game fashioned after the Old West...people fought, and people fought often. An intelligent aggressor would not put down his best weapon and pick up a beer bottle after looking to see that his target may be weaker...he would likely assume that he had his own gun or knife, and be prepared to defend himself for his actions.

Or maybe you should have titled the thread "Workers Curtsy".

:nowink:

Edit: Coincidentally, one of Turks town members dueled me 6 minutes after I posted this...lol...and I'm a builder. Nice hits, =JK=...don't spend that $7 all in one place! =p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yeah our duellists are rather active at the moment.

Considering your using some expensive equipment without building gear its hard to believe you are a builder though ;)

DeletedUser

You know what they say...clothes make the man...you're just not looking at me when I'm building. :nowink:

DeletedUser

I'm a duelliest and I actually do this. I generally look at my opponenets weapon, and if ist's something that I don't have to worry about the damage on I use a softer weapon on them. I should say I am a pure duellist and stated as such, so I have little to fear of actually loosing to someone not stated for fighting. Here's a couple benifits of doing this from my perspective.

If the target is foolish and carrying gobs of cash I don't kill them, which means I can attack them again to maximize the cash I take.

If the target is worth a bunch of xp I could attack them again and gain more xp. I rarely do this since it's generally not worth sticking around for an hour, but still the option is there.

If I were to use my normal gun and go after them they would likely die in the first attack, and all excess cash would be lost, and I wouldn't have the option to farm them for xp/cash.

A downside, though comical is this has had the effect of having a couple towns come after me for revenge, because they don't realize I downgraded my weapon. It's usually quite a suprise when they see the drastic increase in my damage when they attack me, and that xp/money costs me no energy to get. They have sometimes taken their frustration out on my town members which causes me and a posse to revisit their town and eleminate them.