Multiple Accounts

DeletedUser

Is it legal to have multiple accounts in the same world (I did search first but it's as clear as mud)?

I know of a town where they have charachters like John and Johna. John will attack and then Johna will attack. It's frustrating because the one will lose and the other will change their (I assume) dueling posture and duel me and I will lose.

There are something like 4 of these accounts (8 people) in the same town.

I have seen this on both World 4 and World 5.

Yes, we are dueling. ...but it seems that there is an unfair advantage because it appears that one person has two accounts and they are using this to their advantage in dueling.

DeletedUser

No it's not, people get banned for that.
submit a support ticket.

DeletedUser

they should put a restriction of dueling same person from the same internet connection... .

DeletedUser

I think so too, you should offer that at the ideas and brainfarts section

DeletedUser

Read the rules. http://en1.the-west.net/help.php?article=rules

§2) Players sharing an internet connection

Players that share an Internet connection may not duel each other. It is also not allowed for 2 players on the same connection to coordinate duels on another player. At least 24 hours must have passed between the duels.

DeletedUser

Well there you go multi and cheating. I'd send that support ticket in if I were you jacksplat.

DeletedUser

ok so if someone joins the game names his char the same name as mine but has a 2 at the end and joins my town does that mean im a multi too?

DeletedUser

Read the rules. http://en1.the-west.net/help.php?article=rules

§2) Players sharing an internet connection

Players that share an Internet connection may not duel each other. It is also not allowed for 2 players on the same connection to coordinate duels on another player. At least 24 hours must have passed between the duels.
NOT unless you are sharing the internet connection. It just means someone should check you out.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

GABRANTH -

If you attacked me and a few minutes later a report that GABRANTH2 attacked me and you all were in the same town...it would lead to a sneaky suspicion!

DeletedUser

It really amazes me that anyone would actually be bothered to multi account...but it seems they do. Genuinely out of interest if anyone has in the past on a previous game done such a thing....what is the satisfaction? I'm not judging it or anything, just curious.
From my perspective, this is a game with no financial reward, it doesn't help you get a better job, or make you more attractive to the opposite sex, noone even knows your real name....so it's a personal challenge....and if you know that your personal achievement is bogus then what is the point? There must be some though because people do it.

DeletedUser

Exactly. You said it for me. I'd like to know also. I've never understood what someone gets out of it.

DeletedUser

Someone at school copied my friend's name but put a two at the end and he got banned

DeletedUser

Any multis please submit a ticket and the support staff will deal with them.

DeletedUser

GABRANTH -

If you attacked me and a few minutes later a report that GABRANTH2 attacked me and you all were in the same town...it would lead to a sneaky suspicion!

well ill keep my eye out for one if someone does join called gabranth2 im going to invite them

Any multis please submit a ticket and the support staff will deal with them.

i don't see any evidence from the op that they are multi's

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

ROFL...

Well, I have just single account in world2. 2 more coworkers and friends are in this world - we joined within a day if I remember right. Some of us 3 found this game, liked it, 2 others joined just to check it out. Then we found out about towns, founded one, today its 18-19th top town. We are discussing town leadership problems every day during coffee/smoke breaks. I am more builder, other is dueler, other is builder too. But eventhough we were all duelers, wouldn't it be obvious that we would synchronize and organize our attacks at the very same enemy? And WTF else would you want from us?

The only (silly) way you could say these 3 players are not the same person is, that while they are all connecting from the same IP during day, they are all using 3 other different IPs at evenings, when they are playing from homes.

But what if some players have no internet at home and still want to play? Ok they will soon or later find out that it's almost impossible to keep up just from some school library, but anyway...

Here I have just provided an example of very logical way of playing these games, which is not cheating in any way. I also believe that multiaccounters are not getting anywhere with their more accounts since it must be really time killer. Already single account is....

Let me finish with an excellent quote of my townmate:
I pretty much ignore any open accusations of cheating now, as its just sore losers making excuses by demonising their enemies.
I couldn't say that any better! Losers crying "Mommy they beat me! Help!"

Be a man and fight back damnit!

DeletedUser

is this against the rules?...if you found a town then create 4 more accounts and you have all your accounts in the same town and they are all builders and you do not duel is it againt the rules. becasue i was thinking about doing that for a while to help my town grow

DeletedUser

I think this game should be about organization and people cooperation.

What do you think town forums are used for?
- planning town development
- organized collecting money for new buildings (everybody donates same amount on same day)
- reporting attacks on town
- coordinating organized attacks at same town and player(s) (all together and at exact time)

as someone mentioned in post above, get yourself organized with other town mates and strike back. don't whine immediately. learn and adapt.

regards,
F.