Hello World 8

DeletedUser

Hello guys & gals! Just joined World 8 so wanted to come along and say hi!

Any thoughts on which character class to choose?

I'm very tempted by either the dueler or the soldier although the soldier to me looks better - any thoughts?

Thanks! :)

DeletedUser

Hello bill
and welcome to dramaestest world :D

go pure dueler i wil say (increase some more drama ;))

[[if u ever want a town i just tell me ;)]]

DeletedUser

Hello bill
and welcome to dramaestest world :D

go pure dueler i wil say (increase some more drama ;))

[[if u ever want a town i just tell me ;)]]

Thanks bk200 - a soldier looks better than a dueler and seems to have better advantages?

Or I guess I could go for an adventurer or even builder and just build up my dueling skills?

That way maybe I can get the best out of my character!

DeletedUser

a pure builder here will be useless as here r already many high level pure builders

DeletedUser

a pure builder here will be useless as here r already many high level pure builders

Why will a pure builder be useless?

I was thinking maybe a builder to build my own town but at the same time develop my dueling skills

DeletedUser

I was thinking maybe a builder to build my own town but at the same time develop my dueling skills

its very difficult even impossible to do both together

hey u can join my town and be a pure soldier or trapper/hider/trader

DeletedUser

its very difficult even impossible to do both together

hey u can join my town and be a pure soldier or trapper/hider/trader

Can I join your town then leave to build my own in due course if I want?

DeletedUser

Anyone else got any thoughts or comments as to which character class to go for?

I think I'd like to be a 'jack of all trades' rather than focus purely on one area of skills - unless anyone thinks that's not the best thing to do?

DeletedUser

I think I'd like to be a 'jack of all trades' rather than focus purely on one area of skills - unless anyone thinks that's not the best thing to do?

It's not a bad thing to do - you won't be the best dueler and you won't have the very best jobs if you try to cover a lot of bases. As somebody with functional but poor dueling skills, you'll pretty much have to fight the same sort of hybrid characters as yourself rather than pure combat characters. Soldiers and Duelers will call you a "ninja worker" and will attack you, and the similar adventurers in other towns will complain about you "attacking workers" and will have their soldiers grief farm you relentlessly. If this sounds like the sort of thing that you want to do, I recommend that you pick the adventurer class so that you can perch in other peoples' hotels for free and pick them off from the safety of the shelter that they thoughtfully provide you with.

I like a mix of trading and trapping - it affords access to lots of good money jobs and lots of good experience jobs while putting points into aim and shooting for some ability at dueling without any cost to job points. You'll still need to put a few more points in aim and ideally some in dodge if you want to duel well, but since so many players are using one-dimensional characters, there's plenty of people you can duel before you build those points up. I favor trapping first and then trading while building the character. You can be stealing horses for money and hunting grizzy bears for experience relatively quickly.

If you want a great single skill working build, I've found none better than hiding. You'll lose every duel that comes your way and you'll not be able to complete your class quests without temporarily putting points elsewhere, but its gets you to some fun jobs quite fast. Its also ideal for fort defense.

One character that I would like to try but haven't yet is a hybrid character based on leadership and dexterity. Not only is leadership the most powerful of the fort combat skills, but it also leads to some great jobs later on. It would be a touch slow to start, as leadership doesn't help too many early jobs.

DeletedUser

Each time I advance a level is it better to put my attribute points into the same attribute or distribute them between the 4 attributes?

And should I put all my skill points into a single skill like appearance if I want to be a dueler or a soldier?

I think I'm probably going to decide on the soldier class! :)

DeletedUser

It very much depends on how you want to make your character. Balancing the attributes is more useful for early in the game when you want to do a lot of lowish level jobs for quests, not so useful once you have a heap of good clothing that lets you do all those jobs anyway. So it's not a bad idea to put some points in places that are not desirable for your later focus and then migrate them later in the game.

If you're not going to bother with jobs and quests much at all and just want to be a fully focused dueler, you need to decide now on whether you will use melee or ranged weapons primarily. Most ranged duelers will put all their attribute points into dexterity as it increases both aim and shooting. Melee duelers tend to go with strength as it increases vigor, toughness and health. You can actually build viable dueler characters with attribute points in any attribute, but you need to spend skill points elsewhere in every case because you need points in either shooting or vigor as well as aim. Beyond that, you have to decide if you want to be hit less (points into dodging) or soak up more damage (points into toughness and/or reflex). Appearance and tactics are valuable in improving your aim and reducing your opponent's aim. They tend to be popular because they apply to jobs whereas aim and dodge do not.

Melee resist builds seem to be absurdly popular on this world. I blame Hernando and his endless cache of swords.

DeletedUser

Welcome to W8, the best drama, the best forum users, in fact lets just say the best world, enjoy and good luck.

P.S. My best advice: bank your money often!!!!