Constructing management

DeletedUser

When you look in-game it says how many hours a person has worked aka "Construction of town buildings". If someone has hours in that line when they shouldn't have hours worked any hours... then smack them down.

AND the new "Town Log" says who built what and when.

I'm not disagreeing with the principles ... but there are in-game mechanics to take care of building problems already...

DeletedUser

For a town to evolve efficiently, you need:
1 - every member donate money, as much as they can
2 - only the best builder builds, 1 building at a time, for 3.5 hours a day (to keep motivation at 100%). If the town collects more than $420 a day, then a second builder steps in and helps with the construction, and so on.

When somebody else builds, he wastes the town's money, even if he builds from his own funds; the normal approach is to deposit the money into the town treasury.

I'm town founder and first builder. I talked with every town member to let me do the building, and they deposit money into the treasury. Explained why this is the best approach, and they agreed.
Deciding the next building is done in a thread in the town forum; usually I say what I prefer to build, explain why, and the others OK's the project. If someone wants something else to be built, his building's priority increases, and if the majority agrees on something else, I build their building before mine.

A good manager and diplomat can guide the citizens toward a common goal - the maximization of profits - even with the current game rules.

DeletedUser

That requires too much attention be paid and it is too difficult for them. They want it idiot proof.

DeletedUser

construction of towns buildings log? i know its just a suggestion but like ulthor says to say it like it is there is no point in making a difficult update when it could be made easier to update with the control oer the treasury

What they are saying is you have that now. You just have to put in a little effort to keep monitoring donations and build hours. Maybe the task is beyond you, but it can be done now.

DeletedUser

no ive said to discuss it in the forum which we do beleive it or not but the main problem seems to be people who take money out of the treasury and spend the money when we have better people i mean i dont even build that much as we have more much beter duellers

DeletedUser

Read the town log everyday and lay the smack down on the people who aren't doing construction on the correct building.

Problem = solved.

Just be nice about it ... builders are already sacrificing their energy for the good of the town.

Nopes Whistlingleaf, I understand where you are coming from but this doesn't work, at least for me. Problem not solved. You nag at members for building the incorrect building and they get sensitive and harbor "hurt in their hearts" that you don't treat them right. There are helluva a lot of people out there with complexes and very likely some in both your towns and mine. ;)

Yes I agree that Town Leaders need to be able to have better control of how Town Treasury is spent on the construction of buildings but Puli's explanation seems a little complicated to me.

The other problem is that perhaps your towns folks may hear you and know that only builders should build to maximize the town treasury but still go ahead to build anyways. Happens to me a lot.

The easiest way and probably idiot proof would be for the game to have in-game buttons for town leaders - say to decide on 3 buildings that should be built at any one time and and we get to click on those and lock that. So any builder queueing jobs will automatically be stuck building these buildings. This is probably Puli's idea put into very simple words (Puli is in my town anyways :) )

Plausible?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

perhaps but it should just be toen founder chooses who they want to build and then on the forums they choose what they want to build

DeletedUser

The easiest way and probably idiot proof would be for the game to have in-game buttons for town leaders - say to decide on 3 buildings that should be built at any one time and and we get to click on those and lock that. So any builder queueing jobs will automatically be stuck building these buildings. This is probably Puli's idea put into very simple words (Puli is in my town anyways :) )
Plausible?

I like this Idea alot. Give founders and council the ability to block out buildings they do not want built at this time. I too have problems keeping people in check. It gets as bad as 15 hours sometimes before the person stops building the wrong thing. It is especially hard with new members who just joined keeping them in check even with a welcome email explaining how the town is run.

This biggest problem of any mmorpg is that not everyone is on the same playing level and understands the game all the same way. People on the forums seem to understand the mechanics more but that does not parlay into the actuall game community. Everyone does not have the same gaming knowledge otherwise every town would be finished by now :)

DeletedUser

You would be surprised PoisonApple, but my first suggestion was just like yours, a simple allow/forbid to build mechanics, but I found spepper's comment interesting so I've updated my solution. Maybe it's better to do it through easy meachanics as suggested in the beginning.

Edit: I've made it as a second possible solution.

DeletedUser

You would be surprised PoisonApple, but my first suggestion was just like yours, a simple allow/forbid to build mechanics, but I found spepper's comment interesting so I've updated my solution. Maybe it's better to do it through easy meachanics as suggested in the beginning.

Edit: I've made it as a second possible solution.

Yep the simpler the better. Foolproof.

I think it might be quite easy, programming-wise, to add such a function?

Tbh, I got lost reading your suggestion.... but probably my problem, coz my attention span is short and I tend to skim posts rather than read. lol

DeletedUser

I'm not from an english speaking country so maybe that made it a little bit harder to read :).

DeletedUser

Solution
Make a vote section for the town. Make it so the citizens can go to the town hall and cast a vote on what is to be built...

Make it an option though. My town does just fine we all get along and vote on our own forums.

DeletedUser

Solution
Make a vote section for the town. Make it so the citizens can go to the town hall and cast a vote on what is to be built...

Make it an option though. My town does just fine we all get along and vote on our own forums.
Have you read the problem definition? This is not a solution. How will your voting help when they will build what they want anyway :)? Still you can allow all buildings ... at least in the second solution, which is more likely to happen than the first one.

DeletedUser

In an old town of mine we had the lower level builders building the lower buildings, the higher doing the higher level buildings. It worked.

If you can't control your town members why should you be equal to those towns that are organized, and work well together? Why should they be penalized?

DeletedUser

Show me where in this suggestion are people penalized? It gives just a little more control into hands of the council which is only logical. If they don't see that buildings that council is donating are good for them ... they will leave the town and town without builders is dead. But it will help protect interests of town as a whole when someone just doesn't want to listen to the majority and will use their money for his intentions.

DeletedUser

You will penalize the towns that already work together. If this is put in place, any town can "work" as such. This is not how it should be.

DeletedUser

What she said. This just takes discretion away from players and levels everyone, rather than rewarding good organisation and discerning recruitment. It favours mass recruitment over intelligent recruitment.

DeletedUser

I don't like the idea . It is fine for what it is trying to do .
I just don't like giving dictatorial powers to the town government .