Renaming Ghost towns

• Thread starter KnightwithDignity
  • Start date

DeletedUser

how do you rename a ghost town. I have renamed it when it shows on the map ... but when i open the town ... the old name still shows...

how do i change that.

DeletedUser928

I am assuming you have refreshed your browser and or logged off and logged back in?

DeletedUser

logged back on

have logged out and back on...

when i look on the map it shows the name that i made
when i look on town in the left menu it shows the orginal name.

how do i get the left menu to show my name

DeletedUser

Keep messing with the name until everything matches up. Also, try deleting your cookies/cache every now and then while doing so.

(I was testing this on world 5. It eventually changes when you mess around with it enough. Unfortunately, I was unable to figure out how to change the old flag if there was one)

DeletedUser2708

Unfortunately, I was unable to figure out how to change the old flag if there was one)

IIRC, once you put up a flag, you can't completely remove it, you can only change it -- buy apparently you can just upload a blank (one pixel by one pixel) picture. Haven't tried it myself, so this is only anecdotal. A search might bring up a couple of threads about the same thing, it shouldn't be too hard to narrow down with keywords, as it's a relatively recent update.

DeletedUser

There is a delete button.

But this is for taking over ghost towns. It will not accept any picture under a different format than the picture left by the original owner. When you do upload a different picture, it stays as the same picture left by the owner on the side-bar. You can still "delete" it and make it disappear, however.

DeletedUser

if you're talking about rankings there is a once hourly script that updates things - I think that's the time anyway.

So you'll have to wait til it updates :)