Chat in the Saloon?!

DeletedUser

I play the game alot and thin that i would like them to add some new functions to the town buildings for example what about putting a chat room in the saloon? People that are visiting that town can chat to each other and it can have a private area for town members!?
i did suggest this a bit back on another forum topic but cant remember what was said as it was part of somone elses topic!

DeletedUser1105

Yeah this has been suggested a few times.

I think a town chat room would be a really good edition, for town members only. I think having it for anyone who is visiting the town should be optional for the town, so they can keep it private if they want to.

DeletedUser

i think it'd be good but the forum is just a less convenient but same thing really

DeletedUser

There is IRC for that. There is a post around here about how to connect using MIRC or opera chat.In case you cant download things or you don`t have Opera you can just use mibbit.com. If i am not wrong the server used by this game is quakenet.

Anyway a chat room in the saloon would be nice and it can be easily implemented using mibbit, there are a few games using that and it works good.

DeletedUser1105

Yes, but the IRC is EXTERNAL. Lot's of people (myself included), don't visit external chat rooms, but would visit an internal one.

We are set in our ways like that!

DeletedUser

Yes, but the IRC is EXTERNAL. Lot's of people (myself included), don't visit external chat rooms, but would visit an internal one.

yeah i agree! wounder if it will be considered then?

DeletedUser

Hmm that is kinda weird i dont see the problem . Each town would have its own private channel no one would bother you.:indian:

DeletedUser

Yeah but a live chat would have same features as a forum and more it would be a great way to stay connected.

DeletedUser

Hmm that is kinda weird i dont see the problem . Each town would have its own private channel no one would bother you.:indian:

even if it did then it could have a general chat that visitors to the toen could join in the chat... then have a side room that you can do private chat in that is just for the towns people!