co-ord travelling

DeletedUser

Basically, I dislike having to print screen where my town is then message it to someone, kinda time consuming, or to do this to show where anything else is.

It'd be useful to have coordinates that allowed someone to travel to XX-YY location, would only count for towns and other important things, possibly people too, but with people it would only be the coordinates of where they last were, not where they are currently...

Well though these examples aren't the best, it would still be nice to have some form of coordinates in the game.:unsure:

DeletedUser5046

well..the map tells us where to find jobs that are nearer to your location...i agree on the co-ord for the characters-especially members of the town where we belong-i think we should add this in the map...

DeletedUser

mabey all towns should have a number?

it whould basicly be the same as coordinates. but this way you cant travel to a place were there is no town.

and then you just put in the town nr. insted of town name
i.e.

(town)1920(/town) = town name

DeletedUser

yep:) i dont see any reason for why you should not be able to change your town name as much as you want.

you might also add the same system for jobs ass well. dont know how much it is needed for jobs sins you whould always be able to pick a town in the area of the job.

DeletedUser1105

This has been suggested before, but it's good to re-suggest it now we have a chance of it getting to the developers.

I'm all for it. It doesn't matter how they do it, but there needs to be a system in place for knowing where things are.

Trying to explain "Three across from the left, 2nd one down, kind of in the middle but a bit to the right..." is hard and ridiculous.

Didn't Cragsterboy do a state naming project? Could that not be incorporated into the game? (I thought it was doing, but obviously not). And then each state could be broken down into squares and given letters across one axis and numbers across another.

Instead of the mess above, you just say:

"Coyote Falls State, C4". Obviously, for this to work, it would have to show the name of the state when you hovered over it on the map.

Or just give the states an letter/number axis themselves then your co-ordinates could be:

"B3, C4".

DeletedUser

that whould work to:)

anything that whould help us to point out a spot on the map whould help really:)

DeletedUser

It would be useful to have a jump to coord box running around or something similar.

But they are using a isometric coordinate system behind the scenes, which would be fun for normal players to figure out ;)

DeletedUser2708

How is this different, or more to the point, significantly better, than just clicking on "rankings," then "town," then entering the town name, then clicking on the icon that moves the map to the town...?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Time to search, find & click: approx 30 seconds.
Time to click link: 2 seconds.

DeletedUser

How is this different, or more to the point, significantly better, than just clicking on "rankings," then "town," then entering the town name, then clicking on the icon that moves the map to the town...?
Be useful because not everyone has a super fast internet connection. :bandit:

DeletedUser

you cant do that whit jobs.

and what we have now takes longer then if we had a link that whould move us to a spot on the map.

sins they allready have this whit towns. it whould be easy to make. they whould only need to add a way for us to make a link to the spot we want to move to.

DeletedUser

It's to identify where the town you desire is, not finding any town in general.

DeletedUser

sd has the gist of it. it would be 10x4 for the main map and 10x8 for each square. so a-j + 1-4, and then a-j + 1-8. simple and easy to put in i would imagine, all it is is some small graphics changes. they wouldnt even have to add any real coding for it just give us a grid!

DeletedUser

Basically, it would look something like this.
f_map2m_41ebab3.gif

The blue square is on 4/3.
The red dot in the white square is it M/L

R-4/3 A-M/L
these would be the coordinates of that town
R- Region
A- Area
----------

See how it would work?
I know that this means there could be more than one town in the same area, but you are a ****** if you can't figure out which one of the towns you're looking for then, at most there would only probably be about 4-5 and half the time when people look for times, the town is in a remote area.
(The red dot at the letter 'X' at the bottom right would be Z/X coordinates)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5046

like a big and long chess board...

i like it^^

but can we reduce the letters? like 4squares per letter?

DeletedUser

so, can we all agree that this would be fantastic to have? here is a summary:

A co-ordinate grid on the minimap, with a coordinate grid on each square of the minimap. each work icon or town icon has a designated gridmark identifying where it is. example:

i forgot where im walking to and my player icon is still listed on my home town. my "walking" icon would have a coordinate location listed on it like this

"walking"
h-3, b-7
00:01:57

towns in the ranking listing would also list their coordinates for easy distance related searching.

sound good? lets put it to a vote.