Rule change

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I played alot of online games among them Omerta a Gangster game and i was Godfather and top 3 several times,we had alot of players who did'nt speak english both in our family and in the game.But i always found a way to get it translated,so i really don't see the problem here

DeletedUser

What I find funny here is that InnoGames themself is doing what towns are doing at the moment.

Think of it, The English guy like myself has the right to join a Danish, Dutch or whatever town where a group of people talk all the same language but because they are not speaking English they have to conform to me. But if an all english town has someone who wants to join and cannot speak English then too bad for them....

Damn let the game ref itself. People will move to people just like themself. Here everyone is in the wrong if they type in their language but being English we are in the right. Its a doubble standart... and its not right..

Please answer why is the a BLOCK Feature in this game again?????

DeletedUser

again were do they say that you are allowed to do that?

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=8493

Just to clear some things up:

You don't have to delete your forums and start over from scratch in English. Just make sure to start posting in English from now on.

If you provide a translation of a foreign text on your personal/town profile it is fine.

The reason this rule has been created is that The-West is an English game, with moderators who speak English. We expect everyone to be able to communicate in English as otherwise things just become difficult for everyone.

The possibility of having a town where the entire forum is in a non English language leads to cases where players who may be looking for a town are not able to take part in discussions or join. When players come to play an English game they expect to be able to play and interact with all aspects of the game without having to know another language. Attempting to have a nationalistic town is discrimination against the target players of this game and will not be tolerated.

If an English subsitute is made, then it is well. Also, while a mod may be looking over information, they could see if the covnersation makes sense somewhat in english and also compare length of foriegn language to length of english translation.

DeletedUser

English players must be able to join any town and be able to read and communicate in the forums.

So what you're saying is, that if any player ask if he can join a town, and we have a free spot, we cannot turn him down?

If that's not it, you're saying we can only turn down people who cannot spell English, thus making us discriminate others for a rule you have enforced on us.

Can't you see how 300% lame that rule is?

DeletedUser

So what you're saying is, that if any player ask if he can join a town, and we have a free spot, we cannot turn him down?

If that's not it, you're saying we can only turn down people who cannot spell English, thus making us discriminate others for a rule you have enforced on us.

Can't you see how 300% lame that rule is?

Can't you see how 300% lame it is that you're playing an English game that is in English and is marketed to players in English speaking countries, but are trying to demand that you speak a language other than English? That towns are making others feel left out because they only communicate in one language? There are no towns that only allow English players. Why should there be towns that only allow Danish players? Why should there be towns that only allow Korean players?

Why should English players have difficulties communicating with others because others can't be bothered or don't know how to write back?

When you play an online English game you should expect to have to play and communicate in English. Players on the Turkish version of The-West are expected to speak Turkish, same with every other language version. Why should the English version be any different?

DeletedUser

Can't you see how 300% lame it is that you're playing an English game that is in English and is marketed to players in English speaking countries, but are trying to demand that you speak a language other than English? That towns are making others feel left out because they only communicate in one language? There are no towns that only allow English players. Why should there be towns that only allow Danish players? Why should there be towns that only allow Korean players?

Why should English players have difficulties communicating with others because others can't be bothered or don't know how to write back?

When you play an online English game you should expect to have to play and communicate in English. Players on the Turkish version of The-West are expected to speak Turkish, same with every other language version. Why should the English version be any different?

Still youre trying to tell people if they want to found a new town they cant turn down any people as long as they speak/write English ?
What is the plan with founding a Town then?

DeletedUser

Still youre trying to tell people if they want to found a new town they cant turn down any people as long as they speak/write English ?
What is the plan with founding a Town then?

No, read my posts and the rule announcement. You can't turn down people because of their nationality or because they don't speak a language.

DeletedUser

@ Morty:

I guess it was a given that you would come out with guns blazing in support of your MOD-friend, no surprise there.

What actually surprises me is that if this game was intended to be played only be people who speak english, why wasn't this part of the agreement when I signed up? With which anal-retentive mindset does anyone see a benefit in excluding players (yes, that is what is happening, no matter how stupid an argument you make up next) based on such a stupid change?

I still say that this is not an english game. It is made by germans, in many cases translated into an english that equals mocking the language (go through the text for all quests just as a starter), help is still called Hilfe, on this forum I om just 2 clicks away from a very helpful site, all in german a.s.o.

When looking at the job-adverts on the innogames site, one shouldn't be surprised, as the developing of an english game apparently only is possible if you speak german. Yes, this is truly an english game...

So suck it up, get out of your overprotecting shell and face realities: This is NOT an english game, it is a group of germans trying to make it international by forcing others to express themselves in a language, they obviously don't excell in themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

People seem to be under the impression that the rule regarding town forums is for the benefit of the mods. It's not.

English players must be able to join any town and be able to read and communicate in the forums.

I can read English so cant see what i'm missing here :dry:

DeletedUser

@ Morty:

I guess it was a given that you would come out with guns blazing in support of your MOD-friend, no surprise there.

What actually surprises me is that if this game was intended to be played only be people who speak english, why wasn't this part of the agreement when I signed up? With which anal-retentive mindset does anyone see a benefit in excluding players (yes, that is what is happening, no matter how stupid an argument you make up next) based on such a stupid change?

I still say that this is not an english game. It is made by germans, in many cases translated into an english that equals mocking the language (go through the text for all quests just as a starter), help is still called Hilfe, on this forum I om just 2 clicks away from a very helpful site, all in german a.s.o.

When looking at the job-adverts on the innogames site, one shouldn't be surprised, as the developing of an english game apparently only is possible if you speak german. Yes, this is truly an english game...

So suck it up, get out of your overprotecting shell and face realities: This is NOT an english game, it is a group of germans trying to make it international by forcing others to express themselves in a language, they obviously don't excell in themselves.

It's an English game. GTA4-PC was made by a Scottish developer, yet if you are playing the English version of the game, then you call it the English version. Stop being silly.

You weren't able to think of any answers to my questions, so if your only argument is some ludicrous thing about some of the developers being German then please don't even bother.

DeletedUser

Can't you see how 300% lame it is that you're playing an English game that is in English and is marketed to players in English speaking countries, but are trying to demand that you speak a language other than English?

Can't you see how 300% lame it is that you still using the arguement "it's an english game"..

That towns are making others feel left out because they only communicate in one language?

I thought there was about thousands of other towns i The West.. Why should they feel left out? And if they do, why is it my problem?

There are no towns that only allow English players.

I think there is a lot of towns who doesn't allow people who doesn't speak English in their town..

Why should there be towns that only allow Danish players? Why should there be towns that only allow Korean players?

You still haven't told us the PROBLEM in having these towns..

You will not find any people in here who doesn't agree in the fact that mails and this forum has to be in English.. And just as you know, this is NOT what we are discussing..

When you play an online English game you should expect to have to play and communicate in English.

As I said, I talk English with 'em in mails, but in the townforum I can't see the problem in talking Danish.. The guy will never come in even if we speaked English in the town.. And if we let him in, we would of course chance to English..

Players on the Turkish version of The-West are expected to speak Turkish, same with every other language version. Why should the English version be any different?

I don't see any Danish version??

DeletedUser

From this point onwards if you have any complaints please message them to 'Tyr' on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.