Mortician Upgrades

Diggo11

Surely someone had thought of this before but the search says otherwise.

Proposal
I'd like to see some additional upgrades to the mortician that boost dueling stats.

Upgrade One
Builds the Mortician and allows stats to be viewed.

Upgrade Two
Provides the town members (predominately for the defender) with some advantages. The advantages given are calculated BEFORE the item bonuses are added but AFTER character advantages. Any number may be randomly selected when a range of numbers is given.
~Plus 5-15% Dodging
~Plus 2-10% Reflex
~Plus 2-10% Toughness
~Plus 15-25% Tactics

Upgrade Three
Provides the town members (perdominately the challenger) with some advantages. The advantages given are calculated BEFORE the item bonuses are added but AFTER character advantages. Any number may be randomly selected when a range of numbers is given.
~Plus 5-15% Aim
~Plus 2-10% Shooting
~Plus 2-10% Vigor
~Plus 15-25% Appearance

Summary
Well thanks for reading. I hope this is balanced and important enough for consideration. Let me know if you have any suggestions/improvements you'd like to see.

Note: Defensive Upgrade is first to avoid 'bullying'
Note: Constructing the final upgrade would cost more than one before also preventing 'bullying'
Note: There are ranges so will not simply 'cancel out'
Note: This is NOT to boost skill levels but to add a random element to dueling and more stratergy into construction!

You see this starts as a defenders bonus, helping the small towns defend themselves. As the town grows and duelers move in you gain an attacking bonus to match the defending bonus. This creates more strategy in town construction, but because towns are still small it isn't unbalanced yet (assuming cost is set appropriately). The beauty of this is that eventually all towns will get larger and have all the upgrades, essentially converting it from a bonus to a random element!

Last edited:

DeletedUser

take the aim and dodge out of it, and make it three upgrades like this:

first built - just like it is
upgrade one - %10 to reflex and toughness for members
upgrade two - %10 to appearance and tactics
upgrade three - %10 to vigor and shooting

aim and dodge are purist dueller stats and as such should be harder to boost so that reall duellers still have a serious advantage. BUT you could always tack on a fourth upgrade to add %10 aim and dodge as well. and they should be hotel sized upgrades.

DeletedUser1105

I don't like the idea.

1) We already have clothes with bonuses to aid your skills. Adding this on top would be too much. And
2)It won't be long before all towns are maxed out, and everyone would have the same bonuses, so what's the point?

DeletedUser

This would unbalance things alot.

The big towns would get another edge over the small ones.

I do not support this idea.

DeletedUser

And in the beginning of the worlds big town would have upper hand in duels. Its a bad idea.

DeletedUser

Maybe the bonuses can be deferent and randomly change, it can help small towns too.

DeletedUser

thats true. but it gives options to build and adds more strategery to the building option process. "should i build a level 3 general store or up or town defenses"

Diggo11

And in the beginning of the worlds big town would have upper hand in duels. Its a bad idea.
Thats why I put the defensive upgrade first - so big towns can't bully the little ones. Also the order makes it cost more.

It won't be long before all towns are maxed out, and everyone would have the same bonuses, so what's the point?
The element of randomness. Like say you get 25% vigor and they only get 15% toughness.

Thanks you all for your opinions, especially to those who like it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

The idea is unfair on people who are not part of a town, yes it is their own choice not to be apart of one, but if there is a dueller who is in a town with a level 3 mortician and they decide to duel any random person, that person has a serious disadvantage despite what the other person is wearing to bonus their stats.

A Defensive bonus I think is useful, but not an offensive one.

DeletedUser1105

Let's not.

It's just another way of getting bonsues to skills. If you want better skills, either spend skill points or buy some clothes. I don't like the idea of everyone in a town getting such bonuses.

DeletedUser

this is one of those 'i want everything faster' ideas that just makes everyone faster and therefore ends the race sooner.

Diggo11

Let's not.

It's just another way of getting bonsues to skills. If you want better skills, either spend skill points or buy some clothes. I don't like the idea of everyone in a town getting such bonuses.
this is one of those 'i want everything faster' ideas that just makes everyone faster and therefore ends the race sooner.
Your claims are quite incorrect. This doesn't PERMANENTLY increase these levels but TEMPORARILY takes effect during duels. All it does is add a random element and adds strategy to construction. If anything Ulthor upgrading the buildings would make it take LONGER to max out a town.

DeletedUser1105

It doesn't matter if it's permantly or temporary. It's still a boost to everyone in the town when they duel.

My claim is 10% correct. You wish to have a building who's very presence gives up to 50 people a bonus to thier skills. Whether this is just during duels or not is irrelevent.

You claim it is to add a random element to duelling. There already is random elements and variables in duelling, that is why people with lower levels and inferior stats/weapons can actually win a duel. Yes it's less likely (obviously) but it happens.

You are right that there needs to be more to building the towns (if anything, just make the current upgrades much, much harder), but I just don't feel like this is the way to do it.

I think boosts to your stats should be done on a personal level rather than a town level. Either spend your points, or buy relevant clothing.

Diggo11

My claim is 10% correct.
Well we finally agree on something. :p And don't try edit it...

Firstly although there is a random element to dueling as you yourself admit - it isn't much. So why not add some more excitement and realism?

Secondly it actually helps smaller towns - if they get a better bonus than their opponent they have more chance of winning. If they don't chances are they would have lost without this system anyway.

Thirdly you are overrating the bonuses provided. Firstly not everyone chooses to duel and therefore will rarely use this. Secondly by the time a town has 50 residents (if it ever does) neighboring towns will have these bonus too, converting it from a bonus to a random element.

Fourthly I haven't given a upgrade cost. If you still feel its so overrated then simply give it a large construction cost.

I suggest you read the new bold section of the original post - it sums up the effects.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

If there's a limitations of the number of duels(for each town member) take place each day, then to build a higher level motician is meaningful.

For example:
Lvl 1 Motician only allow its member to duel twice a day

Lvl 2 Motician only allow its member to duel three times a day