Duelling Greenhorns

Should people be allowed to duel Greenhorns above the level of 20?

• Yes, definitely

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • No, never

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Yes, but lower the minimum level to 15

Votes: 9 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

Hello,

I'm not sure if this has already been done or what...

Many people in the game are getting very annoyed with people who are greenhorns above the level of 20. This is a cowardly way to play the game and they are avoiding being duelled. So this is a poll to just find out how many people want to change the game rules slightly on Greenhorns.

I've done this because I don't think it's playing in the spirit of the game. Take this as a real life example:

A person's skin colour (to avoid any chance of racism) is green so we can't hit them, insult or punish them.

Question : Should people be allowed to duel Greenhorns above the level of 20?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think people give up a fairly big part of the game by choosing to remain a Greenhorn, and I don't think they should be forced to play in a way that they don't want to just so other players can enjoy the game more. If there is ever a way to make dueling fair to everybody, then that would make sense; I don't see it happening any time in the near future, so I'd rather see it left the way it is for now.

Rather than seeing them as people with green skin, maybe you should think of them as the disabled and better protected by their townsmen.

DeletedUser

They may be "hiding", and for different reasons. Those that do so to avoid duelers, I can understand to a point as there are some who duel in the manner of a bully and there are players who prefer to just advance in the game and complete the quests for the enjoyment of seeing the "story" unfold.

If they are greenhorns without a home, it makes no sense to me since as long as you don't belong to a town you cannot be dueled... so why waste the advantages offered by accepting a class...

Either way, the game is here for each to play and enjoy as they wish. To try to impose your will on them is not justifiable.

I do not like the way that many people drive, but that does not mean they are bad people otherwise. So to say that some drivers should be shot because they do not drive as I believe they should is not a justification.

DeletedUser

Well, if you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalks!

DeletedUser

Good one Artie!
laughing025.gif

DeletedUser

Well I am one of the players you object to

Guess what I don't care what you think and when the Green horns lose their protection (which is coming soon) feel free to come duel me as much as you want ,hiding was the last thing on my mind when I stayed greenhorn 'more a case of couldn't make my mind up what I wanted to be and still cant .

So in brief I will pick a class when I want to not when I have another player tells me I will

DeletedUser

the whole point is not get attacked if your greenhorn like lol

DeletedUser

cowards annoyed by cowards?

... very annoyed with people who are greenhorns above the level of 20. This is a cowardly way to play...

Not enough people to shoot? Must shoot greenhorns?! How very feral of you.

I confess I've been here less than a week, but it seems like we have a lot of vultures raiding builders... in my opinion this is a GOOD element of a Western storyline... as long as the people get to rally and fight back.

Maybe towns need a moral score... and if a vulture wants to be suicidal... he can walk down main street guns a blazing while all the residents get a combined attack rating while they shoot from cover... pick on the husband and the wife, son, drinking buddies etc. can get involved.

Question : Should people be allowed to duel Greenhorns above the level of 20?

Question: Should town members be able to gang up on bandits? :winkg:

Let people play. I'm sure they don't spend their time here to add too your body-count.

DeletedUser1105

This is a bad idea. If people want to be greenhorns and not be attacked, let them do so.

DeletedUser3741

wont matter

they announced in german servers that they will remove the anti duel skill from greenhorn on tuesday
so all you need to do now is wait

I think ill pick soldier class when it happens, the increased tactics should keep you dueling dogs off me

DeletedUser

wont matter

they announced in german servers that they will remove the anti duel skill from greenhorn on tuesday
so all you need to do now is wait

I think ill pick soldier class when it happens, the increased tactics should keep you dueling dogs off me

It still doesn't worry me. Being a greenhorn was never to stop myself being dueled :) it just worked as an added bonus ,I liked the first way where you could chop and change your character class but I guess that made it all a bit to easy

DeletedUser

I sure do find it interseting when people upset with all the unprovoked attacks by duelers suggest ways to more acceptable ward them off the response is, "they are just playing within the rules". Yet the same criteria does not apply to the greenhorn staus? I think they would be happy with a game called Shootout at the OK Corral where everyone is forced to be involved and HAS to be a shooter.

DeletedUser

i totally agree with this thread, as the top town in world 3 are mostly greenhorns and town is in the lead because of this, which is very unfair and annoying. So i think at level 15 they become dual able or they have to select a character class to continue playing the game.

:indian:Crag

DeletedUser1105

How is it unfair cragster?

It is unfair that you feel the need to force someone into choosing a character class when they don't want to do so.

DeletedUser

that defeats the perpose of it, the town builders will get the **** kicked out of them

DeletedUser

What on earth would be the point of the greenhorn if it could be attacked?

I think it adds a nice side to the game for those peaceful players.

They give up benefits, so yes they can not be duelled. it is fair that way in my personal opinion.

DeletedUser

The thing is that a 'greenhorn' is an inexperienced person a 'newb'. Why should a player more sucessful than me have the 'beginner protection' still applicable?

DeletedUser

What on earth would be the point of the greenhorn if it could be attacked?

I think it adds a nice side to the game for those peaceful players.

They give up benefits, so yes they can not be duelled. it is fair that way in my personal opinion.

Then at least force the player to choose a class like Crag suggested.
The thing is that a 'greenhorn' is an inexperienced person a 'newb'. Why should a player more sucessful than me have the 'beginner protection' still applicable?

Well said brother.