Duelling Greenhorns

Should people be allowed to duel Greenhorns above the level of 20?

• Yes, definitely

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • No, never

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Yes, but lower the minimum level to 15

Votes: 9 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser1105

Why do people have such a problem with this?

There are literally THOUSANDS of players to duel, so having some greenhorns who can't be duelled shouldn't be a problem.

Let them be what they want to be. This is an RPG, if people want to role play as a peaceful person and go through the game without incident, let them. Who are you to deny them that right?

DeletedUser

What about the quest that involve duelling? If they are greenhorn then they shouldn't be able to do them. Aren't you the great advocate of people foregoing certain things if they choose a given path? I'm a dueller and i can't get barbed wire-for goodness sake! Why should they be able to get level advances gained by duelling? huh huh? Gotcha-eat That banana!

DeletedUser1105

Haha, quests are different. Nobody has a choice about that because you have to do a duel before you get to level 10, so EVRYBODY does that as a greenhorn.

DeletedUser

Haha, quests are different. Nobody has a choice about that because you have to do a duel before you get to level 10, so EVRYBODY does that as a greenhorn.
Incorrect you don't HAVE to progress in the game through quests. In being a greenhorn you should forego the advantages of duelling, one of which is completing duelling quests. Anyways perhaps we should stop argueing about this as, rightly or wrongly, greenhorn protection ends at level 20. i can live with that.

DeletedUser1105

Ok fair enough.

But it makes it harder to get to level 10 and be able to choose a class if you can't move forward with the quests...

DeletedUser

This is a bad idea. If people want to be greenhorns and not be attacked, let them do so.

I agree! It would be a greater disadvantage for a lvl 30 greenhorn getting knocked around and not being able to retalliate...

If that is the case what about the adventuring class (those wandering players who never seem to join a town) you can't duel them either if they are not a citizen of a town....

DeletedUser1105

If that is the case what about the adventuring class (those wandering players who never seem to join a town) you can't duel them either if they are not a citizen of a town....

Good point, good point.

DeletedUser

The point of people staying Greenhorns in later worlds is so they can level up one skill insanely high and not worry about ever getting dueled. If dueling is supposed to be a big part of the game then players belonging to towns over L 10 should be attackable IMO.

There is only one person who seemed to know about this rule in W-1 and take full advantage of it ... cough #2 player cough.

I'm glad they are fixing this exploit and it is an exploit IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ah yes the 'greenhorn' with the foil as a weapon......seems all wrong. Fair play to the chap for reading the game flaws and exploiting them but really can anyone defend the idea of a greenhorn with a better duelling weapon than anyone else. He hasn't earnt such spurs. Anyways it's all cool now.