Trade idea - believ it solves cheating problem

DeletedUser

another idea:

Originally Posted by TheTrooper16
I read trough the forums in the part of p&p trade I got 2 sugestions:
1.Player check:
Write a scipt that checks(when asking for a trade) the IP of the players that wan to trade, if they have same IP reject (that will lower the chance of 1 player makeing 100 acc.s and stashing items).

2.Trade safty(from player cheating a other player):
Open the trade window(start a trade I dont care how), Player1 and Player2 put the items in (items,products,gold...), When they are done they press CONFORM ( witch will disable manipulateing the items, takeing them out), so the players can check if the trade is allright, if not CANCLE (the trade window closes the trade is rejected). If all is ok then they click APPROVE (after clicking CONFORM, the button changes to APPROVE and frizzes for a few sec to make shour that slow due to slow connection both buttons get presed at the same time) and then finaly the items will be transfered.

I hope this will help. And I hope I did not violate any rule by sending you this massage (Cause as I notice the forum sayed that we should send ideas to the admins :eek: )

DeletedUser

Why dont they just Scrap the trading idea??????? TADA FIXED

Actually if you look in help the devs want to implement trading in the game sometime but just are not sure how to do it succesfuly due to the problem of chaeting or game balance. I think though that this threads suggestion makes sense- keep up the good work:)

DeletedUser

I think it can be abused.

You could have people multi-accounting selling from one player to another and making money from it.

Here's something to stop that and I'll use your summary style:

Current Problem
People acquire items during work that they don't need and/or want. They want to trade these items to fellow players. The developers and gamers are worried about abuse of trading.

Current Solution
You can't trade. Period.

The Proposed Idea
Allow people to trade items amongst themselves.

How It Could Work
Players can only trade items back and forth but not money. The total value of items traded must be same as each others' sales price.
I.E. My Red and Yellow Indian Necklaces ($37 sell price each) 3 Tomatoes ($3 sell price each) and a Corn ($2 sell price) for your Brown cotton shoes (sell price $85)
OR My Red Indian Necklace for your Yellow Indian Necklace
Additional consideration
Limit the number of inventory slots and make the stacking attribute have some value.

Comment
This would facilitate even more interaction between players. More realism and purpose for the smaller items as a barter good or "small change" as bartering was much more common than money in those days anyway. There is no net monetary gain for anyone. Items will still be removed from the game as they are sold to stores for store bought items or Town Treasury. There would be no "twinking" between multi-accounts or even friends unless the other account in question can afford the goods with an equal amount of goods both work and luck.

Closing
It would end up more as a redistribution of luck. I tend to acquire a lot of Granite blocks. You acquire a lot of Spades. I have been trying for days to acquire a Spade and you cannot seem to get Granite blocks so we trade, life is good.

DeletedUser1105

It's a nice solution to the abuse standpoint, I'll admit.

Nice summary style, too :)