The Incredible Update - Excellent Jobs

DeletedUser

Why did they move jobs!!!!!!!!!???

I am really,really,really,really angry! my town was placed very specificly to have access to great jobs, now there isn't anything worth doing within a hundred miles!!!!!!!!!!! ok thats an exaggeration, but it still sucks that i spent 3 days finding a good spot only to get screwed by a totaly arbitrary rescattering of jobs. why rearrange the map? wth? there was plenty of open space for the new jobs!

DeletedUser

Most towns get founded early on in the game, when you can't even see the best jobs yet. If your town is now in a big blank field - rejoice and be happy, because someday you might find that there are some really good higher-level jobs right outside the town gate.
Just to put things into perspective a bit - of course some towns really did get downgraded a little by the update, but some people might end up profiting by it in the long run and are complaining now because they don't know it yet.

:eek:

DeletedUser

And I'm sure all of the mid range town members will stay and wait for changes in the middle of no where.

I take back what I said in the other post. Yeah, change is good, but this change just happens to be a case of the Mondays, the worst...

I play many games and liked this because it didn't take an extra ordinary (?) amount of time to play, now it does with much more travel time and having to wait to get back to town to pray build and sleep, gah, I'm debating leaving too, will try and let it sink in.

Edit: I'm on Worlds 1, 2, and 4 and every one had many very good jobs, now not 1, ONE single good job on any of them. Ok, I'm done, sorry for complaining.

DeletedUser

Jobs moving is a bummer -- but it's my quests & labor levels I was at. Night before the change... I lacked only ONE point to Hunt Turkey; had just started Herding Cattle for beef & found only 1 of 3 I needed. Now I need 8 more for Turkey again and cattle 13.
:mad: :nowink:
Between longer travel; less points and a certain bandit... UGH! lol
Going to try sucking it up & wear Ye Ole :D happy face ... but not sure its going to be real for a while.
:unsure:

DeletedUser

:D happy of this upgrade! NOT!:mad: why this movement? why this increase? someone posted the difficulty also decreased, yeah, for 5% of jobs, with 2-3 points from 150. Lovely. Instead 95% got harder, i seen jobs increasing from 350 to 430 difficulty. Really compensate? NO!
So, why move the old jobs? and have them harder? and have this ugly 3d design? Maybe our eyes and nerves were in a too good shape i guess...:blink:

DeletedUser

The major point is that by raising the difficulty of most of jobs high lvl players will benefit but mid lvl and low lvl players will suffer and lvl up even slower - so the gap will only increase, which in my opinion is not a good idea...

DeletedUser

The update is just lame - especially changing the exp needed to do certain jobs... i mean one or 2 points up or down doesnt matter, but many jobs had a so drastic jump up that you have to work for days to regain the ability...

and instead of letting the jobs already implemented stay as is you make alot of new boring jobs that only benefits the low lvls, move away the jobs that could have substituted for the ones lost due to higher exp needed...

You have with this update slowed down a game that is already so slow that its on the brink of being boring... well done!

Weak excuses that this is needed casue of a grid on the map and ability to put in new jobs - thats something you should have thought of earlier and not now - 5 worlds into the game... :p

Sadly i have been stupid enough to pay for overprized goldnuggets... i know i wont do that again.... :mad:

DeletedUser

The REAL Confederate Flag. Red background, blue cross with stars lining the middle.

Actually the one on our servers is the real confederate flag, or at least one of them. The Confederacy had about 3 official flags.

The Stars and Bars (Red back ground, blue X, and 13 stars is the battle flag)

A fort would fly the official flag, not the battle flag.

DeletedUser

Yeah, I'm new to the game, and I have to say this change will probably lead me to quit the game.

All I want to do is follow the quests, but after they raised the attributes needed to do the jobs, I'm looking at spending one week's time IRL to gain 2-3 levels to do the next quest, then another week to gain 2-3 more levels to do the next quest.

That sucks.

DeletedUser

Actually the one on our servers is the real confederate flag, or at least one of them. The Confederacy had about 3 official flags.

The Stars and Bars (Red back ground, blue X, and 13 stars is the battle flag)

A fort would fly the official flag, not the battle flag.

I was being sarcastic. I didn't like the fact that they had removed that version and used the other. I can only guess someone complained and they removed it as not to cause offense.

DeletedUser

Am I still the only person who wants to give the game developers a high five for the new update?

DeletedUser

Am I still the only person who wants to give the game developers a high five for the new update?

Other than the flag, and the change in graphics for the items(which isn't that bad), I do enjoy the update quite a bit. In fact, I'd say I benefitted from it a lot, regardless of the few jobs I am no longer able to do.

Great work indeed.

DeletedUser

I lost some good jobs and didn't gain much to offset them because my skills were focused on those jobs. But that is not a complaint. I would rather see frequent upgrades/expansions that require me to change my strategy than for the game to stagnate out of fear of a temporary uproar. It's like when you move the furnature and stub your toe every night for the first week. A lot of yelling and cussing, but the pain will pass.

Also, the jobs I lost (for now) will offer better rewards when I can do them again.

DeletedUser5046

well' see for yourself.it's not that bad anymore...once you get close to the job your looking for e.g. hunting turkey (it might be too far but you might end up having all the high level jobs at one place) *just like mine though its still far from my town*

DeletedUser

I wouldn't mind the changes if the darned job finder worked. All it comes up with is empty prairie, or unoccupied woodland - and no jobs to be found. Now I have to write down where to find things if I come across them.

DeletedUser

I have no problem with the updates. I jam just feeling a bit aimless right without any current quests or any idea what is coming up.

DeletedUser

You are absolutely not the only person who does. I think the update is great. Rotation of job locations is something I should be built into the game permanently, and I rather enjoy constructing rach houses.

DeletedUser

well, im just confuse how 2 rotate my jobs now, since almost all my best jobs become unavailable 4 me now, sighh:blink: