Praying

DeletedUser

Maybe theres no connection whatsoever, but it does seem a bit weird to me.

DeletedUser

I think I might have found out what praying does.

I worked a job heavily, trying to get experience and money to complete a quest. After it was done, my motivation stunk on ice for that job, and I had no energy left to do anything. So, just for fun, I prayed and then slept.

Well, while I was sleeping, I started planning my next moves, so I clicked that same job I was working before, and I noticed my motivation had improved quite a bit! Now maybe it was the sleep, but I've never noticed sleep improving motivation before.

I'm going to test this more heavily, but I think I'm onto something here.

DeletedUser

The passage of time improves motivation, so if you slept for 8 hours your motivation would be expected to go up quite a bit.

No amount of testing we can reasonably do will truely provide reliable results. Random number generators are just too fickle and everything takes far too long to run a significant number to tests. (You'd need thousands to trials to begin to see real trends.) I finished up the limited period where you get the improved drops premium for completing a quest and during the whole time I got dink doing lots of Trading.:mad: Just a couple hours ago out of the blue I picked up a Razor and a Precise Slingshot doing Building Irrigation System!:D

On the other hand this thread was going to be locked but we've kept it prayed open.:p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Motivation normally recovers 10 points/day except for duelers and their motivation. They can increase this further with premium.

DeletedUser

Well from what i know it does appear to do something, but i would need to see a larger sample to be sure :bandit:

DeletedUser

It ain't found my Union Flag yet -- & my Gal has prayed every night. lol
Then again -- she has been coming up with some very nice items, lately. Then again, that might have something to do with the 10 Gold I bought yesterday. tee-hee

Still gonna keep prayin'! :D

DeletedUser

i believe thee vote is no no-one truly knows what praying does except the designers

the most common thaught on it is that it increase luck but it is just hearsay

DeletedUser

I'm pretty sure that praying in the game gives the exact same benefits as praying irl.

Take that however you please.

DeletedUser

I'm pretty sure that praying in the game gives the exact same benefits as praying irl.

Take that however you please.

As someone who prays in real life, I can tell you then that praying does in fact increase the odds of useful things happening to or for you, but when you become too effective at praying, the adversary(a "theoretical game character") or his entities will come out to attack you.

I know that praying works in real life. I'm not sure what it does in the game.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
As someone who prays in real life, I can tell you then that praying does in fact increase the odds of useful things happening to or for you, but when you become too effective at praying, the adversary(a "theoretical game character") or his entities will come out to attack you.

I know that praying works in real life. I'm not sure what it does in the game.

Well it does whatever it does in real life, I mean you don't worship a different god ingame do you?

I doubt it does anything technical though, but if you want to believe it does that's up to you :unsure: