Language rule change

See thread

• Total voters

DeletedUser3741

I voted no thinking that

No = No, I do not want english only

and Yes, I did not read the thread

DeletedUser

Yes!! Just wish there were enough player from my country to make our own town :dry:

I am in a large tribe in Tribal Wars. Our entire forum is in English. The only exception is forum that is for other languages. The title of each different thread is the language being spoken within the thread. And that is the only section of the forum where foreign languages are spoken.

There are some tribe in tribal wars consisting players only from a single country[turky,croatia etc.]I am not saying they are awesome but there are.And they does almost everything in their forum using their native language.

DeletedUser

If people take the time to read the post its perfectly easy to understand. It suggests a possible amendment, then goes on to say that if you would like the amendment to happen vote yes. I've asked a number of people from England if they understood the post and they said they did.

@Whistlingleaf and Arsdfarg- I voted yes...

@Arsdfarg - Yes, they don't care. That was my entire point.

I have to say that I am positively surprised. I did not expect that the rule would be changed, but listening to the community is a strength that should be applauded.

So: *clap, clap, clap*

Well done :)

DeletedUser

its just a shame that they tryed to confuse us whit advance englsih.

i had a hard time finding out if i should vote Yes ot No.

DeletedUser

I had to read it several times s-l-o-w-l-y to understand it as well . Then too My english isn't to good , I'm from the U.S. .

DeletedUser

its there way of telling us that they dont want to implement the new change in the rule.

DeletedUser

Actually I think he just over thought his wording . In an attempt to make it sound well thought out and balanced , it was not as clear as it could have been .

DeletedUser

the vote should describe the choice. yes and no is too confusing

DeletedUser

An elegantly simple solution , lets hope they use it in the future .

DeletedUser

Well, seeing as this is over I'll comment.

I read and re-read the first post, and thought it used perfectly simple English. I honestly do not want to read over simplified English in the announcements because eventually it'll be aimed at 8 year olds and there will be a rule saying you cannot use complic...wait....hard words. </rant>

DeletedUser

dumbing down is bad.

Even though i was initially against allowing non-English i reckon that the whole debate has been very edifying and am glad that democracy has triumphed.
I just hope that some of the horrid nationalism that is rampant on other online games isn't facilitated by this. i guess time will tell.

DeletedUser

its not simple at all. and he also twist it so that you might even vote wrong.
if you read some of the post you will also see that some people did that.

mabey it ended up that way for the reason Oakley Jones gave
Actually I think he just over thought his wording . In an attempt to make it sound well thought out and balanced , it was not as clear as it could have been .

But it should have bin far more simple. something of the lines "should we be allowed to speak other languages then english on our town forums?"

insted of
If you would like this amendment to happen, please vote yes. If not, please vote no.

hope you mods will consider this next time something as important as this comes up for a vote.

DeletedUser

So let me get this right stkli..

You think that I worded it in the way I did because we "dont want to implement the new change in the rule."

despite the fact that I voted yes
despite the fact that I wanted the rules to be more lenient on town forums
despite the fact that I made the decision to change the rules again to allow tribes to have forums in whichever language they wish

right..

DeletedUser

^^ Your intentions wasn't bad.But the thing is people use their native language in forums because they aren't good in English.Now the first post really is hard for them to understand.Like Ulthor said one simple thing would've solved this problem.

the vote should describe the choice. yes and no is too confusing

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't think the intentions or the wording were the biggest problem. Since different languages often have different sentence structures, I think some people would have been confused no matter how the question was worded.

DeletedUser

I think the post was easy to understand, but most people are just to lazy to read it.

DeletedUser

So let me get this right stkli..

You think that I worded it in the way I did because we "dont want to implement the new change in the rule."

despite the fact that I voted yes
despite the fact that I wanted the rules to be more lenient on town forums
despite the fact that I made the decision to change the rules again to allow tribes to have forums in whichever language they wish

right..

if you base your comment on my last post then im sorry you got the wrong understanding of it.

in my last post i gave oakly right in that you might just want it to sound good and clear "Actually I think he just over thought his wording"

but im still saying that you should try to keep it simple or make it more claer next time we have a vote.(my oppinion)

DeletedUser

I'd rather we keep to standard English, to be honest. Whoever starts playing this knows that it's the English version so should expect English announcements, that are not in toddler language.

DeletedUser

i agree with everything except this rule shouldn't town founders be allowed to recruit who they want and reject who they don't want?

It is against the rules to create or manage a town that is exclusively for one nationality or language and/or to exclude other players because of their nationality. Repeated violations of the rule will lead to an account ban

edit and also this rule why is this needed town forums are not public and would players that speak a certain language chose to be in the same town?

All profiles and in-game town forums must be written in English

Last edited by a moderator: