The far West

DeletedUser

This has probably been suggested before and it's only a cosmetic suggestion, but the far west end of the world map should show the ocean.

I also think the map should be more regional (preferably reflecting the actual west), requiring more travel or more specialized lifestyles.

DeletedUser

are you saying have jobs centralized around specific regional locations? if so i dont have a problem with that, BUT, there would need to be a faster way to travel.

DeletedUser

it takes like 16 hours to travers the entire map. can you imagine having to ride a horse 12 hours just to pick cotton because cotton doesnt grow near you?

DeletedUser

it takes like 16 hours to travers the entire map. can you imagine having to ride a horse 12 hours just to pick cotton because cotton doesnt grow near you?

That would make the game a lot more challenging and thoughtful. Don't forget that everyone else has to do it too. And as for realism.....that is the way resources ARE distributed.

DeletedUser1105

I don't think the ocean is neccesary, but I like the idea of certain jobs being in certain areas.

Yes, it takes 16 hours to get across, but you don't walk straight there do you? You could work your way across. Every time you queue a job, make it a little closer to your intended target. You would still be earning XP and money as you went there.

I'm all for reshuffling the locations of jobs.

DeletedUser

and sins we have weststates you chould do the jobs needed for other quest on the way:)

but i dont like it that much.
it whould probly hold back alot of people from quests and focus more in lvl and towns.

and eraly on people migh quit becuse of it.

mabey they chould be more central in some areas and more spread out in others.

DeletedUser

With all the people traveling so far from "Home" it would be a "Duelers" bonanza , all those folk so far from their bank .

DeletedUser

Exatctly. Then they would have to make an option to allow you to have a bank account in other towns aswell and you could transfer your money to your home bank!

DeletedUser

it would be novel and more realistic, but if that happened their would have to be a lot of changes.

banks would all have to be linked

towns would have to spread farther apart

you would have to be able to duel someone where they were not where their town was.

DeletedUser

If train or stage coach transportation was made possible, the travel wouldn't have to be so long.

Besides, you can always queue travel overnight so you gain energy and not lose much playing time.

I like the idea of linking banks, and I also think large regions with climate and jobs being focused around their regions. Some jobs would still be everywhere: posters, grains, berries, pigs, fishing, newspaper, trading, army, etc.

But there would be regional distintions: No turkey hunting in the desert. No silver/gold in the east. Ore and coal mining only in mountain regions. Buffalo only in the great plains.

I think this kind of regional diversity would give the game more variety and make many different builds relevant. People would specialize in different job families. Items that are not native to a region would be worth more there in trade, etc.

DeletedUser

We keep building tracks like forever, so at some point it wouldn't be unrealistic to expect the trains to start running :p

DeletedUser1105

If train or stage coach transportation was made possible, the travel wouldn't have to be so long.

Besides, you can always queue travel overnight so you gain energy and not lose much playing time.

I like the idea of linking banks, and I also think large regions with climate and jobs being focused around their regions. Some jobs would still be everywhere: posters, grains, berries, pigs, fishing, newspaper, trading, army, etc.

But there would be regional distintions: No turkey hunting in the desert. No silver/gold in the east. Ore and coal mining only in mountain regions. Buffalo only in the great plains.

I think this kind of regional diversity would give the game more variety and make many different builds relevant. People would specialize in different job families. Items that are not native to a region would be worth more there in trade, etc.

Apart from the coach/train idea which I'm against, you make really good points.

DeletedUser

are you saying have jobs centralized around specific regional locations? if so i dont have a problem with that, BUT, there would need to be a faster way to travel.

This is where the trains can come into it and the new option would be to build a train track to the next town and then to also build and upgrade a train station as a town building! when you upgrade it increases the speed or maybe we can limit how many times we can travel on the train per day and as you upgrade the train station you can travel more in a day!

DeletedUser1105

The train idea is a seperate idea.

What is the point of moving the jobs far away if we are going to ask for a way of getting to them quickly?

It makes more sense to keep them where they are.

DeletedUser

i'm liking what thdo is saying here. Don't need trains or marriage to do it though.

Now I know that all you pussies will disagree but..........

You shouldn't be able to deposit in foreign banks. It would really lend danger and spice to long trips, turn them into adventures. A quest to the gold mine having to dash between hotels on the way back home would be exhilarating. It also forces duellers to act intelligently rather than just turning up at a town and duelling everyone in sight.

This also gives a real kick to some other ideas like the 'combining resources' idea.

DeletedUser

Okay, this one might be too far out there but here's an attempt to solve the problem of long distance travel being too risky without linked banks.

To keep long journeys sort of risky, but not overly risky, there could be a way to queue up your route to go directly from one town to another town's hotel. If you queue this, you can travel safely, but any travel to and from a job is still open for duelers to exploit.

This takes away the extra risk of distance travel, keeps the risk about the same as travel focusing around one's home town, and give the map regional flavor.