(respond if i have missed something)

A town founder may place a bounty on a character IF:

A) the character is not or has not been "incarcerated" within the last 48 hours
B) the character is at least dueling level 20
C) the character is not KO'd
D) the character is not currently a member of the town
E) the town has at least one member who is dueling level 20 or above
F) the character has not been incarcerated in said town within the last 5 days
G) the town has built a "Jail" (new building type, allows bounties to be placed and people to see who is incarcerated, as well as give an option to 'jailbreak' imprisoned characters)

The bounty payment must be posted up front from the town treasury. A bounty must be posted in increments of $80, with $240 being the minimum, and $1200 being the maximum. Each increment boost increases jail duration (if caught and returned to the town) by 8 hours. If the bounty is not collected within 72 hours it is cancelled and the funds return to the town treasury. The founder also has the ability to cancel a bounty at any time.

TO COLLECT ON A BOUNTY:

A character may collect on a bounty IF:

A) he has not been a member of the town posting the bounty within the last month
B) he has not been a member of the wanted character's town within the last month
C) he KO's the wanted character and returns to the town within 48 hours and clicks on the "collect bounty" button under the wanted sign in the jail building

Upon completion of this, the bounty hunter receives half of the posted bounty as payment, and the wanted character is placed "under arrest".

Imprisoned characters will serve their full sentance and be released with a "probation" period of 24 hours wherein he cannot initiate a duel or initiate a "jailbreak". this can be reduced in the following ways:

A) the imprisoned character may work any job available to him, but makes no xp or items from said job. All cash received from these jobs goes towards paying his "fine". the "fine" equals half the bounty placed on him. He may also sell items in his possession to help pay for these fines, but may not purchase any items in any store. these proceeds go directly into the town treasury. once the fine is paid off, the character is free to go. Probationary period is applied upon release.

B) someone initiates and succeeds at a "jailbreak" to free the prisoner. probation period is not applied, but character is released at 0 energy.

If full term of incarceration is served, or if character pays fine in full, one half of the remaining half of the bounty is deposited back into the town treasury (so 1/4 of total bounty posted, the other 1/4 is 'spent' on prisoner maintenance).

TO JAILBREAK A CHARACTER:

Any player may initiate a "jailbreak" IF:

A) he is within dueling range of the incarcerated character
B) he is not a member of the imprisoning town

To free the prisoner, the character initiating a jailbreak must defeat every available townmember within dueling range in a duel, until none are left, in succession. he may not initiate any other jobs or sleep in between these duels. If successful, the prisoner is "freed" at 0 energy, and the character "jailbreaking" receives the remaining half of the bounty initially posted. If not successful, the character initiating the jailbreak is incarcerated for 24 hours. probationary period is applied to this character as well upon release.

did I miss anything?

DeletedUser

I still don't like the jail break only requiring the towns people in range of a single attacker being KO'd or asleep . I also dislike the jailbreaker incarceration bit .

DeletedUser

So is driving an automobile , that doesn't mean we stop driving or throw out all the traffic laws .

DeletedUser

yes the imposed cap is 5 days thats why there is a maximum bounty placeable.

DeletedUser

thanks for the summary kieth

What if more than one town places a bounty?

[p.s. as OP I'd like a final revue on this proposal before it gets whisked off to vote by the lovely mods]

DeletedUser

I must say, I don't like this.

This can still be abused by the high and mighty "empires" in certain worlds.

An alliance of 2 or 3 towns could easily keep someone more or less under permanent lockdown.

DeletedUser

48 hours is nothing when you get 5 days in jail.

2/7 days you can walk free, if the powerful put you behind bars.
The small guys would suffer from this, and the strong ones could play around.

Currently we are seeing some tossers setting up "empires", and an empire would then declare a person as a target, and could keep him more or less locked down for as long as they cared to spend cash doing so.

DeletedUser

I would have to go against this too... I dont think its fair at all to keep someone from playing... especially for periods of over a day...

I think it can also be used by empires to say "Become an academy tribe and we'll stop imprisoning all your mayors and councillors all the time" especially if the tribe is a new startup, or just one that doesnt have particularly strong players...

DeletedUser

Unless he bought his way out , or others broke him out of jail for the reward .

DeletedUser

I was more thinking of general personal bullying, but I guess it also works for the big guys to force the small ones into becoming their vassals.

DeletedUser

I think that you are imagining a world that doesn't really exist. Big towns and big players generally have issues and problems with other big towns and big players. if they spend all their cash and time imprisoning little players they won't stay big for long

DeletedUser

That is a valid point Ulthor.

I might just be expecting people to be worse than they are, as well as expecting a certain town wanting to get back at me :p

DeletedUser

I just think it would be fun from whichever way it affects you.

DeletedUser

yeah... and remember this isnt TW. there would be a lot of money and motivation involved in imprisoning someone for more than a day.

DeletedUser

I dont like it, i just dont like the idea of being able to keep someone from playing...

DeletedUser

trust me i dont think many people would put their hard earned HUNDREDS of dollars up so they could keep you locked up for a couple of days. especially when someone could come and steal it. and at the most they only get half back.

DeletedUser

Hmm, imagine that you are a player that is actually paying for play. If they can restrict you from playing, you will be realy angry and stop playing. Innogames will go against itself by implementing a jail system. A motto "Pay but don't play" isn't very good. So I'm saying NO to jail system.