24 Hour Rule

DeletedUser

Does anybody else really hate the fact that people have to be in a town 24 hours before they can be kicked out? I can see some positives but I think town founders should still be able to kick them out.

Reason being ive let in a guy who I thought was gonna be fine, but instead he refuses to donate to the town, keeping it all on hand. He has already been dueled and now duelers are attacking the rest of my town looking for more money.

He is also building **** on a lone project. But even as town founder I have no power to stop this. Hes not just refusing to help out the town but he has spent some of the town funds which are limited enough.

Maybe someone should look at this rule and give the founders the power back to run their towns and deal with troublemakers?

DeletedUser

I cant help but think that the last few rules to come through have done more to harm the players than help them. :p I can see the other side and the reasons why the rule was created but once again it has not been thought through properly by the Mods.

Its like that language thing, good intentions but really not thought out with the players in mind. Its good they amended it. But I think something needs to be done here as well. This guy could could completely ruin our town in 24 hours. :dry:

DeletedUser

I think it's great that mavericks can cause trouble in towns. I bet you'll be more selective next time!

DeletedUser

That just plain sucks by the sounds like it

:banditb::banditg::banditb:

DeletedUser

If the rule was to help stop join to buy , I would say "You can't join a town for 24 hours after You left one or were kicked out ." .

DeletedUser3741

they can still LEAVE within 24hrs
we just cant KICK within 24hrs

so this does nothing for joining to buy

DeletedUser

they can still LEAVE within 24hrs
we just cant KICK within 24hrs

so this does nothing for joining to buy

Imagine you were selling items to random adventurers. So they buy the items and then wait to get out. Ok, so what if within those 24 hours, some random town decides hey let's attack Talamare's town for no reason and start a war. I would feel really bad for that adventurer.

DeletedUser

mabey thay should change the rule a littl so that new people cant build in 25 hour after they joined? (25 so the founder have a chance to kick him out in time)

that whould make it fair for bouth town and people.

DeletedUser

A spy could come in, deplete your Treasury with bunk building lvls and leave.

DeletedUser

Exactly, luckily the problem has gone for me now but there is a serious flaw with the 24 hour rule. A town founder has potentially NO control over a renegade member for the first day. In that time a lot of damage could be caused, a treausury can be depleted and a lot of players hard earned money can disappear. A town founder needs to be given a certain amount of control over this (cus it can happen to anyone) or limitations for new players need to be put in place.

As someone suggested before, they have to be in the town at least 24 hours to build is a good idea.

DeletedUser

I agree with Ulthor. Besides, it'll help preventing everyone using same items at the end.

DeletedUser

there is also another idea on the forum.

the founder desides hwo can build whit towns money and hwo can not.

i think that is the right way to go whit all this. and whould be the most fair in my opionion