The far West

DeletedUser

how whould that help in any way?

you are only safe when you sleep not when you tavel to the hotel.

it whould only take you longer to get there.

i dont like the idea anymore its to big and whould change to much in the game.

P.S. the best way to solve the travel risk whould be to leave your town, then do the job travel back and join again.

DeletedUser1105

I agree Ulthor that this game need excitement, but I think this would only be fair to duellers, and not to anyone else.

How is it fair that I would be unable to get safely where I was going?

How can you duck in and out of hotels unless you are online all day long? You'd spend all day sleeping rather than working, and it would take too long to gain experience.

It needs more balance than what you propose.

Maybe you CAN deposit in foriegn banks, but you can only deposit either:

1) Up to the level of that bank i.e. if you already have $1000 in the bank and go to a town with a level 1 bank, it won't let you deposit any more or
2) Up to HALF of your 'home' bank would let you. This way, those with half-full bank accounts would not be able to bank anything on their whole journey, but those with low banked amounts would.

Would that be a fairer option?

DeletedUser

"How is it fair that I would be unable to get safely where I was going?" Extremely fair is my answer, this is the wild-west and if you go on a long trek to prospect for gold then you have an increased risk of ambush.
I really just don't get this 'everything has to be safe' business. Don't forget that duelling only takes a third of the cash you have on you and that is IF you lose, which is by no means certain.
I'm supporting the ideas to give people a chance to get back at duellers but it's only fair that there is some increased spice for those prepared to take a risk.

DeletedUser1105

I don't want everything to be safe, but niether do I want it very dangerous either. This is why I proposed the middle ground whereby you couldn't make all of your money safe, but at least some of it.

Workers don't owe duellers thier cash, but having to travel all that way to do certain jobs would make them at a very high risk. Especially as duellers would know they would be a good target.

I'm in a top 20 town on world 2, so it's a target for duellers, obviously. The chances of being duelled whilst travelling back from a job 6 hours away would be quite high.

DeletedUser

I bet i have had more robbed than the average player. Duellers DO travel long distances and lose health and money in duelling...it's no biggie.

DeletedUser

No banking in "foreign" towns , or a 40% transfer fee .
You give away 40% or risk losing 33% .

DeletedUser

The point of my hotel-to-hotel safety idea was that the risk would stay EXACTLY the same as it is now.

The traveler might go to a foreign town overnight and sleep. Then they would have to trek to and from the job site without protection, in the same way they would now.

Then they could make the long journey home in safety.

The sacrifice of travel would be the time investment.

As was previously mentioned, a player can quit their town to be safe for a long journey right now, which seems to me like a MAJOR exploit. Why not incorporate a legitimate form of safe distance travel? As long as it doesn't allow players to get to jobs and back without risk.

But regardless of that, my main point is that there should be regions. :)

DeletedUser

Players should have to think for themselves, therefore it's up to them to plan their route back, assessing risks. If they are so scared they can hotel hop as they go.

Quitting towns is an exploit full stop. The 24 hour rule restricts it quite a lot. Just because there is multi-accounting and exploits on the current game, don't shoot down every new idea because those weaknesses also apply to them.