Passed Guard Job Proposal

• Thread starter DeletedUser1105
  • Start date

Do you wish the guarding job was added to the game.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I voted no.

I doub the developers will implement it to. Its too complicated ... Imagine coding in the option to allow someone to protect and who to protect and the percentages and so forth.

Also, there should be penalties. Like if a guard is knocked dead, they can't do it again for 48 hours, or not work for 24 hours.

Wheres the balance to this idea? We've heard the defense, but it seems to be only defense sided. Where balance for the other side?

DeletedUser

I thought that two duels in the same ten minutes with no energy or motivation lost to the "Dueler" was a fair trade for a unwanted "Duel" .

DeletedUser

I voted no.

I doub the developers will implement it to. Its too complicated ... Imagine coding in the option to allow someone to protect and who to protect and the percentages and so forth.

Also, there should be penalties. Like if a guard is knocked dead, they can't do it again for 48 hours, or not work for 24 hours.

Wheres the balance to this idea? We've heard the defense, but it seems to be only defense sided. Where balance for the other side?
that means the dueller cannot work/duel for another 24/48 hours if they die.

DeletedUser

Standard duel rules apply.

If the guard is KO'ed, he can not duel for 48 hours, as usual.
So hijm doing guard job then would be void of purpose.

DeletedUser

also add a 100-200% more gold bonus to duellers instead of 10-20%

it would compensate for the fact i can't do well paying jobs and the rule that says you can only get money if the people you duel have money on them

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

wow. how did we get greedy trolls and wusses in the dev forum?! they must be following our breadcrumbs...

DeletedUser1105

it would compensate for the fact i can't do well paying jobs and the rule that says you can only get money if the people you duel have money on them

You're funny.

DeletedUser

why am i funny the current 10-20% bonus doesn't give you much if you only get 20 $ from a duel

DeletedUser

Let Me make sure I understand You correctly , You want 60-80% , as opposed to the standard 33% because you tired of having to rob so many poor people to make enough money ?

DeletedUser

why am i funny the current 10-20% bonus doesn't give you much if you only get 20 $ from a duel
10%-20% of what the person has.

I managed to get 94 from someone once. :bandit:

Now be quiet. :3

DeletedUser

You could if you built up skills like a worker and didn't duel. Shoe's on the other foot huh? :p

DeletedUser

sdjx22 said:
...job, for anyone, called 'Guard Town'...
i thought i read somewhere that that was already in the works. it's called "town sheriff," no?

DeletedUser

It's a planned update ,"Sheriff will be available in the town" .
What it does We don't know .

DeletedUser

perhaps we are due to be graced by the presence of a developer who will say 'great idea, we'll implement it next week! oh and by the way it's called sheriff and it involves all your well thought out levels getting mucked up but you get to pick more oranges!

One Armed Ninja

it would compensate for the fact i can't do well paying jobs

Im a dueler and i can mine silver....

Think about that, if you got really lucky and found $400 from someone, an extra $800 would be a little overkill...

DeletedUser

Not to mention where exactly is the extra cash going to come from? Obviously not from the poor schlep you've just mugged and taken all his cash already...

DeletedUser

Another option for same job

I would like to suggest that instead of "guard town" job, it could be phrased as volunteer sheriff deputy or something.

I also think it might be an option to consider allowing towns to name a sheriff allowing them to intercept duels a certain percentage of the time and possibly create a new building like a sheriff station that can be upgraded with each subsequent level increasing the chance that the duel is intercepted by the sheriff. Its just a thought.

What's a town without it's sheriff :D

DeletedUser

Sorry about my second idea. Didn't read the most recent posts. I would like to instead include my support for the town sheriff idea.

DeletedUser

whether you support it or not, the sheriff will happen, so dont worry about that. that is off-topic of the subject, which is, do you support the guard job proposal or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.