The Incredible Update - Excellent Jobs

DeletedUser

Well they had more then one version to that flag so they both are real.

While it is true that they are both real, I really don't like the fact that they'd use the older version here and leave the more well-known one on the German servers.

There are already plenty of things in this game that people have taken offense to; there's no need to start giving in.

DeletedUser

I hate it!
when you found a town you take in to account the town's location, now they took away all of our planing and stuck us with lousy beginners jobs around our town :mad:

same here! :mad:

how annoying!

DeletedUser

ARE fracking kidding me people? i mean the update was ok but WTF did they have to change the skill points require to do certain jobs? thats jus PLAIN STUPID. please administrator do us a favor and reset ALL OUR SKILL POINTS. is NOT FAIR OUR SKILL POINTS ARE USELESS NOW. >_< STUPID!

DeletedUser

Bad ideas in the update:
- modified old jobs (99% all are harder)
- modified locations (wtf?!?!)

DeletedUser

This was an awesome update that now helps lvl the builders with the traders/duelers/trappers jobs are harder which is good they shouldnt be so easy that every high lvl char build is a trapper

DeletedUser

I lost access to drilling for oil, also cant get access to trading by using equipment now.

For some reason they think we need even more high experience jobs as builders.

Though fire fighting does look nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

a nice "update" i have traveled 2 times now to reach a 3 hours away town, and ended up in the same location (my town). I bet someone is laughing really hard with this "updates".

DeletedUser

I'm kind of upset with the new updates to jobs and locations, all of my towns I chose I chose for the location to many jobs, now none of them aren't near any good jobs at all, and I've already invested all the time and money into the towns...just wanted to say I think it really freaking sucks.

DeletedUser

yes. it s**ks, i agree with you. can't say more. But there must be a way 2 have things fixed.

DeletedUser

ok i dont like the update, however, im not going to give a stupid reason like "oh, the points needed for jobs increased". that does suck, however, those jobs have been replaced by other jobs you can do.

i dont like it because of the fact that it didn't fix the situation for people of dueling build, like me. right now, im not getting any closer to any jobs that i wil be able to do, but i need to keep improving my dueling. many of the next level jobs require trapping, construction, or fine motor skills. the next job im going to get with my build is transporting ammunition, and at level 29, im not real close to that. we just need some other job that we can do, that uses shooting, in here. like, i dont know, protect the railroad station. a job where shooting is required, but you dont have to be amazing at it.

DeletedUser

I kind of like the update, although I see some room for improvement. Keep your vomit to yourself please :unsure:

DeletedUser

Sorry Kate I will be a better person and not vomit on anyone. That was meen of me to say.

DeletedUser7321

Re:Update

My major probelm with this update is also the increasing of points for jobs already in the game.
I have been leveling up for a while now with my eye on constructing windmills. Last night I was 4 points away and today I got my level and should have been able to start it. I woke up this monring to find out that even after my upgrade as planned I am now 70 points away from the windmills again! :mad: Very unhappy!!

I did gain a couple of mediorce jobs that I can do, and I agree that there are some neat new ones in the future. But at this rate it will take me weeks more to get to them. :angryg:

DeletedUser

I spent a bit of time rearranging skills at the shaman so I could mine coal which was a quest I needed to complete. I finally reached that point yesterday and spent 4 hours mining coal. Went back to town to the hotel and logged off.

Today I log in and I am now back to where I was before my visit to the shaman. I cannot mine coal, so tell me what was the sense in rearranging my skills to do this job if the devs are going to take my money and put me right back to where I was?

What a crock!

Horrible update and not at all thought out.

DeletedUser

Not My Cup Of Tea, Might Need A Whisky after that One

Ok , The Job, Requirements Changing Effects Me As Much As All But Is Ok And Even Acceptable,:eek: Not The Hi-Way Robbery Some Called It...

New Jobs, Town Names, Look Good:laugh:.....

WHY THE :mad:.... Did You REMAP the Jobs MAP, Some People Spent DAYS or More Tring to Find Just the Perfect Spot For A Town, And That Little Move Totaly Ruined All The Planing Some of us put into Our Town Locations, :p

MadDoc "Hate To Complain" Harrison

Edit to Add: I Really think they should reset the 1-4/5 Servers to pre-patch points, And Realse this on The Newer Servers

DeletedUser

It sounds like people who were near or (barely) able to do certain jobs got shafted... I was trading in world 4--no more. Instead, I can do, as someone said prior to me, mediocre jobs. Milling grain-YES! As a reward I should get a piece of a note and multitudes of rolls of cloth, because I can't trade anymore! :dry:
I eagerly await the reasoning to this update-however, it isn't all that bad, on world two once I get ten planks I get 350 dollars. Now I hope I can get that from cutting down trees, because if it's some high-up job I will... *Mutters darkly*
The sky just got higher, essentially. I just can't wait to trade in about three levels! Oh crap... I forgot I could already do that barely twelve hours ago :dry:
Edit: Oh yes, forgot about how everything got moved about. I am not a builder on any world, so I didn't get to plan a town down to the color scheme, but the new update (i.e. the job locations getting shaken like an etch-a-sketch) will for sure effect everyone, from a builder to a soldier and everyone in between.
Here's what I think of the update...
Good: Easily accessible town names. Convenient.
New jobs-Huzzah. Instead of dreaming about tomatoes, I can pick them! and ORANGES too!
Pay/exp/luck/danger tweaked for existing jobs (or so I have heard...)-good/bad... Not sure of any major changes as of yet, but I hope it's for the better.
Bad: The jobs have been skewed like a foot of powder in a wind tunnel. Woke up looking at cowboys out your town window? No more! You see a nice field of coffin makers!
You were so close. You could practically smell the toolbox. Fifty five dollars? Could it be? With your luck bonus as an adventurer it would be yours, and you could show it off to all the other adventurers-and tighten a bolt or two, perhaps even build a house! The possibilities were endless. What? You have to level five more times to get one labor point to build that windmill... Oh well, might as well shine some shoes. Who knows, you may even get a quarter, to sell for a dollar!

Hyperbole is only for effect. Sarcasm is part of my nature, though.

DeletedUser

For people wanting to do the quests, to go to sleep able to do something and wake up unable to do it it. Or to find that a requirement that was 4 points away is now 20 points away. This is just a reason why I am might stop playing this game right here and now. It entirely no fun/enjoyment to find out you need 5-10 levels just to get do the next step in the quest, that was maybe only a 5-10 days away in the past, before this nonsense. That 5-10 levels away means that I cannot progress in a quest for many weeks to come.

This HUGE change in the game dynamics in the middle of the game shows that the admins of this game act first and think nothing about the game balance or how it unfairly impacts those who joined later. People who joined later are already at a disadvantage but now they are many times more disadvantaged by this HUGE change in dynamics. :huh:

Edit: As a parting thought, I would have considered a title "Excellent Update for those who have the excess skills to spare - SUX if you are new and cannot keep up with the INFLATION."

DeletedUser

For me the thing is about the jobs that I could do but can't do any more. I am a top 100 ranked player in World 2. I went to bed being able to Repair a covered wagon, Trade, Exploration, Rafting Wood, and Build Windmills. Now I can't do any of them. I can't even see Building Windmills anymore. I had placed my skill point deliberately in places so that I could do those task to build experience points and for quest. Sure I am close to getting my Exploration back but how long will it be before I can get the tool box from Building Windmills to complete that quest. I will try to let this grow on me, but as of right now, I don't like it.