Gain income with hotels?

Should income from hotels be given to the town?

• Total voters

DeletedUser

add this to the new post area for the developers they might put it in

DeletedUser

I agree with this idea. well maybe you only get something like 10-20% of your income though, because the wests weird like that.
ok stop reading now theres nothing else here.

arizona w3!
Please, don't use that colour again, ok?

DeletedUser1105

Rick, the moderators move good ideas there I think.

I don't like the idea of self-pricing. That could lead to people having to travel far just to find a cheap nights sleep. By the time you got there, you'd be back online and have no energy.

DeletedUser

There is nothing for me to move, no one has really looked at the ramifications of doing this.

For one thing, how would you rebalance the game? The first few dozen towns would basically dominated the game, making thousands of dollars a day.

All the towns would grow much faster than they do now (already too fast).

Until someone figures out how to rebalance the game with this addition, I can't move it to a vote.

DeletedUser

I know this is a very popular idea but Hightower is right. Maybe the right to earn hotel income should come from a very expensive hotel upgrade, perhaps one that incorporates a poker game?

DeletedUser3741

There is nothing for me to move, no one has really looked at the ramifications of doing this.

For one thing, how would you rebalance the game? The first few dozen towns would basically dominated the game, making thousands of dollars a day.

Until someone figures out how to rebalance the game with this addition, I can't move it to a vote.

If you make it 5% at max it wont unbalance the game

5% will mean that the level 1 hotel wont provide any money, and no one uses higher level then that out of town unless they are adventurer which wouldnt even matter, since its free and this change wouldnt apply to free things

but

that also means you will be doing recoding for something that wont make a difference

DeletedUser

But if it is 5% ie half a dollar, then is it really gonna make that much difference, so why bother putting it forward?

DeletedUser

Dam i like this idea, becuase wasting your money on something that doesnt benefit you except only a bit in energy is just stupid.

A bit of energy? I would like to see how well you advance without the use of a hotel. The best way to increase your towns inhabitants efficiency is to max the hotel as soon as possible for that little 'bit on energy".

DeletedUser

The game is unbalanced throughout primarily according to player activity. What do you suggest to alleviate this? A wire in everyone's seat?

DeletedUser

If you would make it so there was a set limit for each hotel - like in real life a certain amount of rooms - then it wouldn't be so bad because people would have to find somewhere else to sleep. So it goes on a first come first serve basis :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

People need hotels if they want to be efficient on The-West, and I was thinking it might be a great idea if towns earned money for every stay at their hotel. For example, someone uses your janitor's closet, the $10 they spent will automatically go to your town treasury to be used for something else.

Sound fair enough?
yes it does lol:D

DeletedUser

It would help motivate players to build even more. It also adds a strategical element of visiting or not visiting a town (help or don't help them financially).

DeletedUser

You get 5% from the shops. Let's say you will get 5% (rounded down) from the hotel, too. You'll get $0- from someone staying in the janitor's closet, $2 from the level 2 room (except from adventurers), and $4-$8-$12 from the higher level rooms.
How many people do you think stay in a higher level room in a foreign town? I think everybody stays in the closet, and the adventurers in the level 2 room. Unless you get at least $1 from the guests in the closet, the town will get no money.

However - the town gets money from having a hotel. On average, a player sleeps 8 hours, works and walks another 8 or 9. This means on average 10 sleeps per week; sleeping in town "earns" every member $100 per week, or $500 per week for the smallest full town. That's more than the hotel will make at $1 per guest.