Hunting Trophies.

DeletedUser

I've seen one other topic about "Trophies", but the ideas stated were about experience gained, first 100 duels won/lost, etc.

In short, this is just a fill-in-the-blank-space kind of thing. I'm not going to glamorize it at all with any bonuses or numerical bragging rights; just decoration of sorts. Can be seen by others. Just your little profile hall of trophies.

Now, there are many different jobs, quite a few involving the 'pursuit' of animals, collecting their 'expenditures', and basically the rewards are used for quests or to collect some extra cash to be used on, well, whatever. *Cough* bashing heads in *cough* dragging away remains *cough cough cough* terrible cold.

So, seeing as we have a spot in the equipment side of our inventory to show off some product we got from our travels, why not a row of plaques under our profile message, each presenting an animal product, to show what we have obtained from hunting them?

Much like the bear head trophy product, they'll be empty plaques that will have the product overlapping them. As to how we do this, there are several possible options:

1. Placement of extras. We just do the job, and when we get the product, we click and drag it from our inventory to one of the empty spots.
-
2. Same as number one, but with restrictions. You can only place the product in a certain spot. That spot marks the difficulty of the job and when you should have gotten it. For example, a trout would be in the very first square available, while a buffalo hide would be towards the end. So you would see the trophies in order: trout, raven feather, ham, turkey leg, -skip-, coyoyte tooth, bear head trophy, etc.
-
3. Like number two, but you HAVE to do the jobs in difficulty order, not just randomly.
-
4. Like three, but each trophy can only be found and gained when the task of hunting the animal is given as a quest by an NPC.
-
5. A new product received from those jobs. You have to do the job a certain amount of times (or just receive it randomly) a parchment of sorts that you would be able to turn in to an NPC and they will fill in the blank square for you(I.E. like options 1, 2 or 3 in placement; or like 4, however you want to implement that).
-
6. Upon receiving the animal product for the first time, the game automatically fills in a square. (Could be in the first available square whatever order you did the job, or organized from greatest to smallest achievement; again, like options 1, 2, or only by 3)
-
7. Mini-game for each job with the trohpy as a reward. Automatically goes into slot(or chooses options 1, 2, 3 or 4 to use). This is pretty much a whole different suggestion breaking away from the original intent, not to mention unoriginal, so I don't exactly favor this option at all.

Any other suggestions welcome.

I would provide visible examples, but I'm a little too tired to be messing with ms-paint right now. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1105

I loved the trophies idea when we last discussed it, so I am all for this. You are right to keep bonuses and such out of it, it would just confuse matters.

I love the idea of having this on my profile. I like options 2 and 6, definately.

It could also eventually be expanded to include other trophies, as well as the 'Hunting' Trophies:

Money Trophies
$1000 reached
$5000 reached
$10,000 reached

Duelling Trophies
Won 100 duels
Won 500 duels
Won 1000 duels

Construction Trophies
1000 Construction Points
5000 Construction Points
10,000 Construction Points

And a special 'all quests completed trophy', maybe?

Obviously this would be asked for AFTER your idea, I'm not trying to hijack your thread.

Maybe it could look a little like this? Obviously, disregard the extra trophies for just the hunting ones for the time being.

And yes, for those of you who are pedantic, there should be more hunting trophies if he has the All Quests finished trophy ;)

DeletedUser

Don't worry about hijacking. The basis of the suggestions forum is to bring ideas together to make the game a better experience for everybody. I enjoy watching things stray from the main point this way, just so long as nobody forgets what we were doing in the first place. :D

Yes, that is a great example. I never even thought about miniaturizing the icons.

DeletedUser

Haha, well I thought about placing them under the text box with a scroller, or perhaps opening another box at the right of the inventory, same size, nothing but plaques in open space and a scroll bar.

DeletedUser

After sdjx22 showed how it could be I understood the idea and I'm all for it, would be nice to have :)

DeletedUser

i like it but you could also have things like knock out a player do over 100 damage so duellers can be happy also complete a buolding for the builders

DeletedUser

Im for this one. Its a good way to keep out boredom that will hunt these world soon.

DeletedUser

i like it will promote more competion in this game and make it more fun.:D

DeletedUser

Yeah this is a good idea, it would keep the game interesting and give people goals in the game.