Passed Guard Job Proposal

• Thread starter DeletedUser1105
  • Start date

Do you wish the guarding job was added to the game.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I think it should cost the guard duelling energy because it is, in effect, his/her instigation of the duel. There seems to be an awful lot of accommodating towards the guards and letting them have duelling motivation free duels is just too much.
I don't want to be a complete arse BUT the motion I voted on was the one above, you can't put in yet more concessions to defenders post hoc.
Hmm this is not very well thought out. I'll tell you why. Let's assume that there is attacker A and guard G. G has a high probability to successfully intercept a duel and A has nothing in his hiding skill ;). This way A is always intercepted by G. G is not as good as A in dueling skills, so A always wins. This way A can initiate a series of duels to KO G without spending a single energy ;). Voila free exps and no energy spent. After that if he's badly hurt, he can spend rest of the energy on jobs.

Also A should loose his dueling energy every time he is going to duel someone. For G it's already enough to loose energy by accepting the guarding town job.

DeletedUser

It's kind of a good point apart from the fact that if you are a rubbish soldier you soon realise that guarding the town isn't for you and you need to get better or let someone else do it. YES there is this benefit to duellers if they are thoughtful.....but there has to be some benefit to duellers otherwise this proposal is one way traffic as per usual. Anyway the proposal people voted for cannot be subject to post hoc amendment without calling a new vote. That's how democracy works. inconvenient isn't it?

DeletedUser

exactly. see i told you you would get why its good for duellers too ulthor :) and it adds that extra level of strategy and excitement you have been craving.

DeletedUser

Hawkeye4077 said:
...create a new building like a sheriff station
if you look closely, there's already a NPB [as opposed to NPC] right in the middle of town, apart from all the others. it's on the other side of the undertakers from the hotel. i'm willing to be that that is the town jail, which is where the sheriff will hang out.

Hawkeye4077 said:
...that can be upgraded with each subsequent level increasing the chance that the duel is intercepted by the sheriff.
now that, my friend, is an excellent suggestion!

DeletedUser

ulthor to your post, i believe the soldier should have motivation drop, but not energy. energy is paid for the job, motivation should lower like anything else though, or maybe the duel motivation is based on the job motivation. there definately wouldnt be a free ride involved, but it wouldnt be horrendous either otherwise no one would do it.

DeletedUser

I like this idea, but I agree with HT on the no more then 2hours doing it, but you can put up to 2 in Queue with non-PA users and the 4 for PA users.

I think that there should be motivation for this aswell.. this way the guard(probably a dueler himself) does not use it to his advantage to just stay in the town, and get exp for it.

GREAT IDEA!! :eek:hmy: :unsureg::banditb::p
Worker A - Dueler - Guard - Worker b

DeletedUser

You do realize that this just makes it easier for bigger towns to make really good duellers and good workers and grow even faster leaving the towns with no defenses in the dust...

Right?

DeletedUser

Would i be right in thinking that for a small town the idea that a non-town member could act as guard would be a good thing?

DeletedUser

Yeah, but why would they? You cant pay em... its not worth much anything really... And what happens if you hit a person and the guard is 10 lvls above you? Do you still duel? Do you bypass him and go straight for the target? Do you just forget about the duel alltogether?

Lets face it. This idea has a bunch of holes and... just all around hasnt been 100% thought through...

DeletedUser

OK i just read the first page again...

Yeah... that makes it a bit better I suppose, but at the same time it makes a guard pretty much a bunch of extra coding that doesnt matter... I dont really duel people cuz of a personal problem, just for the chance of stealing some extra cash.

In the end it really just allows a strong dueller to take on 2 people at once.

:(

ANd actually, letting another town protect you just allows big towns to build academy towns easier ulthor.

I dont like this idea... I dont like it one bit...

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggo11

I like it actually. But I'd like to see it actually BE the sherrif update. Although there should be another restriction: sherrifs can't leave the town for 30 days after guarding AND can't guard for 30 days after joining a town.

DeletedUser

i like the idea of being able to guard but just two things

1: couldnt it get a little unbalenced i mean a dueler if he is intercepted and wins gains exp and money from a duel with no motivation or energy loss wich is fine,but corect me if i am wrong then the dueler also does not lose motivation and energy for the worker.

2: and also would this also make it so a dueler could potentally gaurd the duelers in his town from getting the free exp that comes with someone dueling you and failing. and just as a note on two of three worlds i play i am a dueler and on one i am a builder so i am trying see both sides

DeletedUser

wet willy you are right that allowing non-town members would favour 'academy' or 'family' towns. So i withdraw that suggestion.

DeletedUser

Gamecmdr , You are correct if there is an intercept the "Dueler" gets two free fights as far as energy and motivation is concerned . Assuming he bets the guard , if not then the towns person is un -duel-able for an hour by that attacker . You are also correct in that a guard can not pick and chose who he intercepts , so he protects "duelers" as well as workers .

wetwilly10 , You are correct this will allow people from the larger town to guard their satalite communities .

DeletedUser

given all that do you still think it is a good idea?
I mean, we are asking to have devs spend time on changes that may create as many problems as they solve? - just a thought.

DeletedUser1105

I think it should go to the developers. You have to remember, that they will discuss it have probably come up with solutions to the problems. They may decide to implement it in a completely different way than the way we have suggested. We are just sending an example of how it could work.

Status
Not open for further replies.