Recent decreasment in XP

DeletedUser

Something strange is happening. Working on a job, let's say rafting wood, 37% Xp and i as a lvl 34 get around 80-100XP. Now i've bought some things and can do windmills, trainstation, exploring and for the same 2 hours on even more % XP jobs i get around 40XP this entire week. Any thoughts, anyone else experienced the same.

DeletedUser41

I think if you have more left over labour points on a job you get higher XP.

So on rafting wood you will most likely have a lot more left over labour points than on the new jobs you can access.

But on another note....

First two hours on Prison Guard i got 44 XP did another 2 hours straight after and got 77 XP and then another 2 hours straight after that and got 75 XP.

I am still unsure how XP works as there seems to be no consistency in the results i get.

DeletedUser

Did you check your motivation? As motivation goes down, so does most things.

The Iceman

I am definitely not getting anywhere near the xp I was getting last week
Neither are a lot of the members of my town
I have the feeling that they have modified the Experience points results, to slow everyone down, as they never anticipated players making so much progress, so quickly
I am doing the same jobs with 100% motivation and getting 70% of the xp points that I was getting a week ago
Go figure :huh:

Job finished: Hunting buffalo On 11/21/08 at 3:41 PM
Hunting buffalo
Motivation 78%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 46
Experience points 144 Experience points
Luck
Buffalo skin
Injury A buffalo hits you and you fall off your horse. You lose 125 health points.

Five days later

Job finished: Hunting buffalo On 11/26/08 at 3:50 AM
Hunting buffalo
Motivation 84%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 50
Experience points 66 Experience points
Injury A buffalo hits you and you fall off your horse. You lose 116 health points.

There is definitely something wrong with those 2 results
How can there be a difference of 78 xp less, with higher motivation
I still have the reports if the Admins would like to check them
I also have lots more examples, on other jobs

Last edited:

DeletedUser

It might just be the random factor they have built in too. It is hard to tell the way they have it set up.

DeletedUser

If you do any job alot even if your motavation is 100% you will get less from it,do not do it for two or three days and it will go back up.

DeletedUser

I have the feeling that they have modified the Experience points results, to slow everyone down, as they never anticipated players making so much progress, so quickly
I am doing the same jobs with 100% motivation and getting 70% of the xp points that I was getting a week ago

What the iceman said, The designers are worried on what they are going to do on what happens after we get to higher and higher lvls.

They have not made things all the way to lvl 999999999.. but What happens for the people that make it past what hey have designed.

I worded it wrong, but I think most will understand what I mean..:eek:

DeletedUser

Go figure :huh:

Job finished: Hunting buffalo On 11/21/08 at 3:41 PM
Hunting buffalo
Motivation 78%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 46
Experience points 144 Experience points
Luck
Buffalo skin
Injury A buffalo hits you and you fall off your horse. You lose 125 health points.

Five days later

Job finished: Hunting buffalo On 11/26/08 at 3:50 AM
Hunting buffalo
Motivation 84%
Duration 2 hours
Wages $ 50
Experience points 66 Experience points
Injury A buffalo hits you and you fall off your horse. You lose 116 health points.

There is definitely something wrong with those 2 results
How can there be a difference of 78 xp less, with higher motivation
I still have the reports if the Admins would like to check them
I also have lots more examples, on other jobs

Yeah iceman is right;)

DeletedUser

perhaps the devs are slowing growth down because they haven't figured out where to take the game?

DeletedUser

Haven't noticed any difference -

Hunting buffalo

94%
2 hours
$ 35
151 Experience points
You advanced 1 level.

Hunting buffalo

89%
1 hour
$ 18
76 Experience points

Hunting wolves

91%
1 hour
$ 16
84 Experience points

(all from today)

Experience and money you get off a job is completely random. Each job it seems has a minimum and maximum amount of exp and money you can get from it. The higher your motivation the more chances you have of hitting the higher tier of exp and money. As your motivation lowers you'll still have a chance of getting into the higher portion of the exp/money end but it is lowered by a lot so chances are you'll end up on the bottom end of the spectrum. I never work on a single job for more than 4 hours in a single day. It's always best to work on 4/5 different jobs each day. Your experience will be better this way.

Edit :

Thought I should add in that my character class is a Builder. I do not have premium of any kind.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3741

According to the xp formula
Hunting buffalo is 124xp base
+ or - 50%
makes it 62-186 per 2 hrs
(still reduced by motivation)

DeletedUser

I was hunting wolves today and no unexpected xp gain. Maybe you prayed too often :)?