New Items For Inventory

• Thread starter DeletedUser15440
  • Start date

DeletedUser15440

How do I get new items to use for my inventory? I don't seem to be able to buy them... do i have to be part of a town to buy new items or do i unlock them through out the game? Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

DeletedUser11353

His advice is partially true, you can get items by finding them while working or buying them at store. To buy an item you need to be in a town, you don`t have to be a member of it but it is better to be a member of town while purchasing items cause you get to buy items in 1/4 of external price. To get to town you need to schedule sleeping in hotel or click on signpost when you enter town. You get exp by dueling, working or doing quests(all quests require dueling or working so it`s same thing, only few don`t but those are easy things). Check this link to get you started

DeletedUser

How do I get new items to use for my inventory? I don't seem to be able to buy them... do i have to be part of a town to buy new items or do i unlock them through out the game? Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)
Depends on what 'items' you are referring to.

'Products' come from doing jobs and quests only.

Weapons are from Gunsmith, clothes from Tailor and General Store and mounts from General Store as well. Also these 3 can be found on jobs as well. Bear in mind that stuff from stores are 3x cheaper if you are part of that town.

New Item Sets were introduced recently that give you more skills, stats, etc. based on the number of items per set you aquire.

ahh cool. btw, how can i gain experience quickly?

Completed quests can offer high XP at one pop, dueling offers good xp if you are good enough to take down players higher than you, and depending on your level, different jobs offer different combinations of XP, $$, and Luck levels.

There are a couple good tools to use to see where your character is at for jobs available to you based on your current skills.

The West Stats - You need to register and upload your player information and see which jobs you can do based on your current items and skills, as well as show you best items of yours to use as well as the best available to buy for that job. Handy to plan ahead for placing skill points for jobs you need to do. Sortable by $$, XP, Luck and Danger.

The West Insider - No need to register, calculates each time you upload info using their handy favorite bar link. Shows available jobs and best items from your inventory to use. Sortable by $$, XP, Luck and Danger as well as a combo of XP+$$.

Hope this helps!

DeletedUser15440

thanks for the advice guys. though can i ask, does doing a job for a longer period of time get me more experience/money etc?

DeletedUser

Yes, it does. Best is to go for 2 hrs if you have the energy for best $$+XP/hour.

If you need multiples of 1 item for quests, do 2 hrs.
If you need 1-2 items only, do 1 hr repeatedly until items are found.

DeletedUser15440

cheers. ive just been doing small ammounts of time for each activity! lol. and ive been reading up, seems worker is a good line of work to go for, would you agree?

DeletedUser

Ah yes, NEVER do 10 mins, it is a waste of time. :p

Sure, I have a worker in World 6. But I also have a Dueler, Soldier and Adventurer in other worlds.

Depends on what you want to do, really. Also have to decide if you want to be a Pure Worker, meaning you put all your points into stats that compliment building towns ONLY, thus many of the generic quests would be unavailable to you. Or if you want to be a rounded worker who can still quest but build at a lesser pace/efficiency, as mine is.

It is really hard to say that one class is better than another as all players are different! ;)

DeletedUser15440

i think im going to be pure... if you are going to try and be good at it, you may as well do it properly, not half heartedly hey ;]

also what does everyone think to my media? =]

DeletedUser

Check out the Pure Char guides for more info on best opinions on steps to becoming 'Pure'.

Your media, as in avatar and signature? Very nice indeed ;)

DeletedUser14280

Those are pretty good. They're a bit simple, but that adds a bit to the effect.

If I might add something, I coined a term for the West the other day, I want it to catch on;
An Arrow is like a pure character, except that they have half of their stats in one or two skills, and the other half spread around.
My two characters so far are both arrows.

DeletedUser15440

i dont really get it... how does that make it like an arrow? also i am trying to just build my construction, but also if i need points spent for quests, i also invest in those. otherwise, i am a pure builder.

DeletedUser14280

I don't know how it makes an arrow, I was just trying to come up with a name for a mostly straight character.

DeletedUser

Ive got a good one. A pure is like whiskey off the rocks. It might not get watered down, but it doesn't stay cool as long. Course, this doesn't really apply to me much since it doesn't stay in my glass long enough to get watered down or warm.

DeletedUser15560

A pure builder he's going to be.
Glad you're in town Schpeedo.

DeletedUser

See to get items in your inventory you can work for them or you can get them from quest!