Posibility to lower the vulneranility of workers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Quite simply allow bounties to be put on players.

On the main player page under rank or better under the character picture add a field that says Bounty=$100 (e.g)

Allow any player to put any size bounty on any player. When the player adds the bounty the cash is deducted immediately from their current holdings/bank.

Whoever attacks the player gets a percentage of the bounty directly proportional to the amount of damage done. If the player is knocked out the player that knocked out that player gets the rest of the bounty.

Also maybe whoever placed the bounty should be notified when their bounty has been avoided. Although this is arguable

This would add an extra element to the game and reduce the amount of workers targetted as they are most likely the ones with the most money to spare to spend on bounties.

E.g
I am merrily working away earning my cash doing some random job and am pleased to earn a sizable $150, then on my way back to town to take a relaxing nap at the end of a good day i am ambushed and lose $50 to a duellist.

Instead of just taking it like the silly little worker I am I whack a nice big $200 bounty on that duellist as revenge. This big fat bounty would attract other duellers to attack him as they would earn more cash from the duel

E.g (yes this is an e.g inside an e.g)
Another duellist sees this nice tasty bounty i've put on this guy and goes and duels him, he wins, takes out half the guys health so gets $100 added on top of the normal winnings he would have earnt.

The bounty on that player is reduced to $100 as half the bounty has now been awarded, so if another player sees this tasty bounty, wins a duel and takes off 35% of this players (total) health he would be awarded with $35. If another player comes along and causes this player to pass out he recieves all of the remaining bounty.

This would improve the cashflow of the game as duellers would be able to earn more and workers wouldnt be so vulnerable and would have another way of spending their hard-earned cash.

I hope this is a good idea cuz it took bloody ages to explain :p

Feedback?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The idea of putting bounties on other players' heads has been brought up before.

It can be too easily abused.

DeletedUser1105

I like the idea. It IS abusable though. I don't think that should be reason enough to stop discussing it though.

It's simple to use, simple to understand.

It would allow for 'trading' between players (i.e. one player strips the character of weapon and clothes and then allows a friend or a 2nd account to duel him/her).

How would we stop that?

DeletedUser

I like it:):)

thanks for supporting my idea

The idea of putting bounties on other players' heads has been brought up before.

It can be too easily abused.

Simple limits could be implied. Maximum bounty one player can have on their head (which could be variable dependant on level). Maximum bounty a player is allowed to place on people, dependant on level (no, not the same thing, i mean to stop one player putting $10 bounties on everyone just for the hell of it)

DeletedUser

It would allow for 'trading' between players (i.e. one player strips the character of weapon and clothes and then allows a friend or a 2nd account to duel him/her).

How would we stop that?

ermm? what? a player cant forcefully remove the clothing of another... thats rape

DeletedUser1105

No, but he can voluntarily remove his OWN clothing and weapon, thus making himself an easy target. He then logs on as his 2nd account, duels his naked character and collects himself a nice easy bounty.

DeletedUser

You forget that doing that is perfectly possible at the moment.

DeletedUser

No, but he can voluntarily remove his OWN clothing and weapon, thus making himself an easy target. He then logs on as his 2nd account, duels his naked character and collects himself a nice easy bounty.

well... well... *sigh* :(

DeletedUser

Thats breaking the rules though, just like organising attacks with your account and a sat account on tribalwars, these kinds of violations could surely be monitored

DeletedUser1105

You forget that doing that is perfectly possible at the moment.

This is true, but this way he isn't just taking money off his 2nd account (i.e. not merely transferring funds from one person to the next), he is taking the bounty someone else has placed.

DeletedUser

Well you gotta admit its a reasonable idea, with more input and development it could probably be made feasable

DeletedUser

Yes but how does he take that bounty money? It's off his BIG player, the one that got the bounty put on his head! In actual fact your account-pusher ends up pushing money in the wrong direction! Oh and then the account he is pushing ends up in prison so it is actually counter-productive to a cheat. Please think it through. this applies to this bounties proposal and to mine. This one does have the merit of simplicity.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

True. While it is still possible, bounties would allow the trade of cash to be much faster; easier even, especially with getting rid of the last bits of it.

i'm disagreeing with that

*Blink* *Blink* *Stare*

Ooooookaaaaayy....

Your disagreement with my statement has been duly noted.

DeletedUser

Money in the bank cannot be taken out, but cash on hand is likely to be taken by anyone - there is a lot of risk in that. However, a bounty, from what I read here, can be placed straight from the bank. Even if it is not an undressed second account, a third party being the middleman for transferral of money is always possible. You place all your cash on your partner's head and have the other one duel him. You then go to the next friend after that one has been knocked out. Even with a minimum/maximum bounty allowance, you're still able to trade funds with other players.

don't be one all your life.

Who is this comment directed to?

DeletedUser

I like the simplicity of the Idea . I would say a fair limit was $100 per level (both ways) .
As for the possible abuses , I don't follow them that well . But it seems to Me that You couldn't be sure You were the first to get to Your bloated "piegon" .

DeletedUser1105

Ulthor, this proposal mentions nothing of being sent to jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.