THe post office notice board

DeletedUser

Instead of just using the post office for telegrams, would it not be a good idea to have a "notice board" where the town could advertise for people to join? They could say something like we are looking for adventurers/soldiers etc, message xyz for more info. I know that sometimes when I stay in hotels I look and see just who is in the town and sometimes would like to join (because of the town itself, or where its situated) , but don't want to seem so forward as to outright request an invitation.

I realise there is a noticeboard of sorts on the forum, but having one in game would be cool.

DeletedUser

Well, as it is, it's only two doors down from the town hall... not much use in a whole lot of construction to move it a few yards.. :)

DeletedUser

true i do agree with your idea but you know people would not notice it

DeletedUser

it is a good idea.. as it is the building called post thats for telegrams is kinda useless.. and it will get noticed.. as everything else does.. we need more builds/things to do in towns..

DeletedUser

I'm not doing a ridiculously long term 'bump', just thought of a new idea for the post office:

How about having a basic message board for visitors?

I'll explain: Visitors to the town could post things like from the basic "thank for that item you sold me, needed it for a quest", to "could I join your town", to "cant believe XYZ in your town beat me at a duel, care for a rematch?".

Now we have the flag and description of town option things could be posted such as "wow, great flag", or "your town has a cool ideology, maybe we could get into talks about an alliance".

Three things i want to clarify:

1. I realise all these things could be posted as telegrams, but it might be nice for there to be a visitors wall. It would be faster, easier, and in my opinion friendlier.

2. The option should be able to be made for these posts to be made 'public' or just for the town members. this could be done through the management system currently available.

3. I realise this would open the way to abuse ie: "your town sucks!". First of all, this is juvenile and anyone who does it should be pitied. Second, we have game mods for a reason, if things get out of hand in private messages we can let them know. We could in this too. Obviously town leaders could delete any posts they deem offensive.

Anyway, what do you think? I would like to just leave a message at the post office letting the town know that I think they are great or thanking them for supplying me with an item. Sure it's not a huge facet of the game, but something to make it a bit more social and friendly.

(although if posts were able to be voted on (by worth or experience) it may create a whole new breed of player)

What do you think?

DeletedUser

Usually towns put their requirements on their profile. why write it again at the post office?

DeletedUser

This is already around, just it pops up every time you join a town (If someone has set anything in there)

DeletedUser

Well, I did say this is not a bump. When this post was written that feature had not been implemented. I just thought my second idea for the post office (which ISN'T implemented may as well go in the same thread so as not to cause cluttering up in the forum. I guess people just don't read to the bottom of the thread before posting...

DeletedUser

Next time start a new thread, most people read the subject and then write their opinion on it...