Low Graphics option

DeletedUser

as some people know, The West uses up a lot of download quota. i think having a low graphic option would be a great idea.

DeletedUser

I don't have a problem loading the game - but my roommate is having issues with it - so I like the idea. I mean it couldn't hurt to have it as an option.

DeletedUser

I don't have a problem loading the game - but my roommate is having issues with it - so I like the idea. I mean it couldn't hurt to have it as an option.

it is not downloading it, i can do that just fine, but it uses a heap of quota

DeletedUser

it makes it to where i cant play on my iphone. it crashes every 45 seconds because it eats up too much memory. i would love a low graphics option. or an iphone app.

DeletedUser

I agree that it would be a good option to have. I don't have a problem loading the graphics, but making some bandwidth savings is always good.

DeletedUser

YES!I'd love this to work on my iphone. I don't have it crash there, I just can't click on things.

DeletedUser1105

It doesn't affect me at all, but it seems like a good idea.

Diggo11

I think we don't need a low detail option but rather a mini version for smaller devices such as IPhones. 3.5" diagonal diameter at a 480-by-320-pixel resolution at 163 ppi - the display of an IPhone.

DeletedUser

i have a HD computer and it lags a lot,uunless changing graphics card,because i cannot click the clearing forest job,it takes 1 minute for it to load up and the computer messes up and i have to virus scan,then my PC breaks down

DeletedUser

Thumbs up.

Nothing wrong with making the game beeing availlable to more people.

DeletedUser

yeah good idea for people who have problems with slow loading of the game.

DeletedUser

Now, make ideas of what the low end would look like.
Just listings? What would it appear as?

DeletedUser

gotta be a good idea. it also means that the game doesn't have to be as limited by trying to make it run well on all systems? or did i go in way over my head on tech stuff.

DeletedUser

gotta be a good idea. it also means that the game doesn't have to be as limited by trying to make it run well on all systems? or did i go in way over my head on tech stuff.

No, you didn't; that's true. A lower common denominator version means more systems can run *something* in the way of a client for this game. Then the player base expands, making both more work and more excitement. I'm guessing most who can't get a full-featured version aren't going to want to pay for premium, so I'm correspondingly guessing not much additional money would come in from the limited-client players, but a little bit would. There would likely be, though, more existing players who would be interested in premium, due to there being more players overall and, again, more excitement.

So, on net, it would probably generate some additional revenue, as well as interest in the game. Innovision would have to decide if they expected that additional revenue to offset the additional costs. If it would, then they should do this, no matter what we vote about it. More players = good. :)

DeletedUser

I think this is a good option, also I would recommend the west to serve a graphic pack which can be downloaded as a a client, so we can save our i-net bandwith and play the game faster.

DeletedUser5046

I think this is a good option, also I would recommend the west to serve a graphic pack which can be downloaded as a a client, so we can save our i-net bandwith and play the game faster.

gee...lots of luck....

i did play tribal at mah cp before...but tis one. . .i dunno. .
*cp stolen no more late night/bed time gaming...:(*

DeletedUser

It's a great idea, some people don't care about the graphics and would much prefer a faster game.

DeletedUser

No point in doing so...
Javascript is better than html...

+ I think the tiles are only loaded once so actually its saves bandwidth.
+ We can just drag the map.
- Javascript takes a bit of time to load at the beginning.
- It messes up sometimes and we have to refresh the page / logout & login again...

Btw, guys please avoid using internet explorer to play no www.the-west.net.
I experienced problems in inventory with IE...
Switch to Firefox 3 today! FF3 Link