Events

DeletedUser

Hello,
Like you see, christmas isn't far away, and i got an idea, that meby you admins should thing about doing some event thing like:
1) a new job(awalible for everyone, where you can get some christmas stuff)
2) christmas quest(where is a reward related with christmas, the human who gives that quest should be Santa, who will appear in Saloon at christmas and will leave after)
3) something else
NB! They all should have limited time, like 2 last weeks of december.
I personally think that meby a quest would be better, because then you can do so that when one year someone will miss the christmas, then next year he should be able to try again. And Santa in Saloon would look bretty cool... :D
What you think about that?:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1105

It seems like a whole lot of work for the developers, for something which is only temporary.

DeletedUser

well, i'm sure that everyone wants this game to be cool and this is one option how to do it :cool:

DeletedUser

u cud aslo chang the landscape or the town and have snow and christmas trees

DeletedUser

Dont like it at all for do to the fact not everyone celebrates it and quite honestly i just dont think it has a place in this game

DeletedUser

Got to challenge the idea that nothing can be celebrated unless everyone celebrates it. There'd be no celebrations in your world.

DeletedUser

Who said i dont celebrate it? the fact is i celebrate it every year but that doesent change the fact it doesent have a place in the game.

DeletedUser

I disagree with you there. Religion was very important in the Old West. Churches were considered vital to the towns. And if I wasn't feeling so bad with the flu I could tell you more.

DeletedUser

Churches yes and we have those. I just don't really see cowboys on sledges building snowmen, opening their presents round the tree. Isn't it a bit hot for that?

DeletedUser

GOD, christmas and thanksgiving were couple most important days at all and why shouldn't anyone take part of it, when they have a chance to get some cool christmas stuff what should give some bonuses and all, why are you so negative about christmas event, i'm sure that even you would celebrate it lol :D

DeletedUser

Ummm because im pretty sure not everyone here is Christian. You DO know Christmas is about the birth of Christ right? As ive said 3 times by now I dont see this as a must have .

DeletedUser

but since in the west most people were christian a s said above with the imortance if the churchit is the game religion not so much the developers players that are christian like in the game cod 5 you dont play germans but im sure there are german s who play the game

DeletedUser

yea, i know that all people are not cristians and i know everything about christmas, but like master warrior sed, most people who conquered this land were cristians and so it means that they had to celebrate christmas too and at all, im sure that many players who are playing RuneScape aint cristians(well most of then are cristians, at least i think so) but still there are christmas and why shouldnt this game be as known as RuneScape, with that kind of events The West will get more popular or what?

DeletedUser

You never hear anyone saying that other religions shouldn't celebrate their festivals because not everyone is of that faith.
I'm not a Christian, but really dislike the discrimination against that particular faith. Why should anyone celebrating their faith be 'offensive' to anyone else. And if it is, then doesn't that apply across the board?

DeletedUser

You want to celebrate Christmas in game , do it in You town . It's a RP issue not a game mechanics issue . I would far rather see the Dev. team working on game improvements and eliminating bugs , than spending time on "window dressing" for holidays . Let this be a polishing touch , next year maybe .

DeletedUser

Well as i say I'm not a Christian and don't particularly want this on the game....just don't like this victimisation that Christians seem to get....anyway happy Yuletide to you oakley!

DeletedUser

And a Merry Christmas to You Ulthor .
Personally I see someone wishing You a pleasant fill in celebration as just a salutation .
Accept it in the spirit it was given and move on , no need for debate .
That is not the popular view however , so this "addition" would end up being a constant "I don't like the game trying to convert Me ! " ,
" Why not hanukkah ?" or "Why no boxing day ?" bickering .

Last edited by a moderator: