Passed Team jobs

Do you agree with this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I like the concept of combining skills / attributes to do the jobs, BUT their is a reason those jobs are so hard, because you GAIN so much from them. As a result, I would ONLY agree to the change IF the TOTAL gains returned from them to the two or more players did NOT exceed the amount that a Single Player would get, obviously who got what would be based on what percentage of the skills, hence work they contributed to the effort.

As an example, Robbing Trains has 87% XP. If two players combine to do it, the MAXIMUM XP% each could get would be 44% & 43% which equals 87% in total. Do that, see how it plays out in the game and make some tweaks as necessary.

DeletedUser5046

let me think....

players wit town

-easier to get team members
-can they recruit none town members for a team job?
-can choose their town as rally point before and after the team job

players witout town

- have to rely on other 'indie' players-players witout town
- can they invite town members to join their team?
-what incentives can they get from recruiting town members?

DeletedUser

let me think....

players wit town

-easier to get team members
-can they recruit none town members for a team job?
-can choose their town as rally point before and after the team job

players witout town

- have to rely on other 'indie' players-players witout town
- can they invite town members to join their team?
-what incentives can they get from recruiting town members?

if you do not have a town you have two choices:
1 try to join one :D;
2 send telegrams to other characters asking them for support in team jobs.

This isd not really about being in the town or not; because you cannot recruit another character to help you you may only send a message to.. your friends or just wait for somebody to be waiting for a teammate and help that person... There is plenty of possibilities.....

DeletedUser5046

whats the probability that who you recruit will be:

- online/active
- will accept your invitation

-like the town their might be also limitations on invitations...like for a team job of 3 there are only 2 - 3 invitations to send and that you know whether the said person isnt invited by other team job 'questors'...-

DeletedUser

I like the idea, I think newbies should be allowed... it can be a way for them to get involved and meet others. However, they should get a percent of the rewards that reflects their level, I think that is fair. As for the possibility that someone with very high level will come in to "steal" rewards, maybe that can be capped out. For instance all those with level above xx would get at most yy% of the rewards.

DeletedUser

whats the probability that who you recruit will be:

- online/active
- will accept your invitation

-like the town their might be also limitations on invitations...like for a team job of 3 there are only 2 - 3 invitations to send and that you know whether the said person isnt invited by other team job 'questors'...-
Well it may take several invitations to find someone online/active but it can be done I am sure. As with the accepting of your invitation. There is no guarantee but I'm sure you are not surrounded by tons of people who would ignore you. I am in world 2,4 and 5. I promise if you invite me I will help you even if I have to take hours to get there. Well maybe not on World 2 cause I am a founder in my town there. And if I am away from my town too long the duellers come searching for me. But I would on the other worlds. As for the town there could still be a possibility because maybe there was 1 person in town that didn't get an invite cause of no room. Basically what I am trying to say is there are still chances of people accepting your invite. You may have to send out a lot of telegrams but I feel that someone will answer you. I hope you can make sense of this post. I have the flu and my brain isn't functioning too well.

DeletedUser

definately a good idea. 1 more improvement though. i suggest that every person has to have for example 20% of the skill points needed for the job (that is to say if you need 1000 construction points altogether everyone needs to have at least 200). otherwise you could get lvl 1 people coming and getting lots of money/items (it would make leveling up too easy)

DeletedUser

There have been a lot of suggestions on how to make the division of spoils fair .
I see no problem on pure percentage of what was brought in , IE the example above of 1000 points of construction needed , player A brings 900 player B brings 100 . player a is paid 90% player B 10% . If there were a hundred players with 10 points everybody gets 1% . Two players with 500 points 50% each . Simple fair .

DeletedUser5046

your saying pick tomatoes wit a hundred people?!

team jobs/quests should have limited numbers of players....depends on how hard the task would be..

DeletedUser

we talk about new jobs... difficult ones which must be done with assisstance of other person. The existing ones should remain unchanged.

DeletedUser5046

its just an example....

that's why i said it should be done in limited numbers...

DeletedUser

I think this idea requires an in-game buddy list to work properly and fairly for the non-town members, even the town members too.

So basically, someone could have a group of friends on their buddy list, go to a job site, then invite them via the buddy list.

DeletedUser

well if you read my post on page 6 i think

i believe it would work if you want to do a team job with your town you go to the spot and make a party and set a password which can be disscussed on the forum.

for those not wanting to do it with their town or they do not have a town then they just go to the town and then join an open party also you could also be able to set how many people you want in your party before you start or just to start when oyu have enough labour points

also will the labour poi9ints increase because from what i have read it seems like they will not but i think they should with each person who koins the party etc

DeletedUser5046

how about team jobs that will require only town members or only buddies/other players to be on the team...
*it will sound unfair to non-town members but then they will have a different team job as well*

DeletedUser

I think this is a great idea.

My additional 2 cents worth would be:
1. There is a minimum level for each job - So building a bridge might require 5 people that are at least level 22.
2. Skills and attributes should be shared so that it is a team job.

DeletedUser1105

To clear things up: these team jobs would be ADDITIONAL jobs. You couldn't go to a current job site and do it with more than one person. These would be newly-created jobs that are only available as team jobs, not single person jobs.

Angel, I really don't like the idea of making jobs exclusivly for town members. The way it is in this proposal makes it geared towards that anyway, yet still gives the opportunity to non-town members to join in.

Master, that would be a lot of work for not much use, this having set passwords. Basically, each team job could only be worked on by one team at a time. If someone has already joined and you don't wish to work with them/share the spoils with them, then don't work on that spot.

DeletedUser

but the how will u stiop people joining you and your town if youre plannig to do it together and they beat you to the site or whatever

DeletedUser1105

Then that's your own tough luck isn't it?

The idea is that you don't stop people joining you. You could telegram them and threaten to KO them if they don't leave. Other than that, there is nothing you can do.

You either find another job site (and I assume these team jobs would be limited), or you work alongside whoever is already there.

Just because you and your town want to work there, doesn't give you more rights to it than anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.