Two Flags

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Here at The West you are given the chance to guard a fort that gives you the oportunity to get a Union Flag. But in the 1800's in America there were two armies (well for a period of time anyway) the Union army and the Confederate army. In The West you can be a Union Cavalryman/Woman or a Confederate Mercenary. So why not be able to guard a fort that allows you to get a Confederate flag?

DeletedUser

A job to get such a flag just came in the last update. 'Building A Fort'. It is a very high-level job, though.

DeletedUser

Oh, I don't train construction as I have neverbeen a worker character. I just like Adventuers and Dueler/Soldiers.
Thanks for your help.

DeletedUser

No problem.

And you don't have to increase construction for the job. Construction is only a single skill in the five. You can also raise Setting Traps, Repairing and x2 Leadership.

DeletedUser

Well I do all the Charisma skills and Setting Traps on my Adventurer account on world 4 so maybe I can get the flag.

DeletedUser

Since you brought up the subject ... it should be noted that Inno originally had chosen Confederate Battle Flag which is the flag at the center of recent controversy and most people would recognize as the "Southern Flag". The (Southern) National Confederate Flag was suggested (by Lorgos and myself) as a better alternative flag choice.

Credit goes to the decision makers at Inno for changing the flag before adding the new jobs in v1.14 on the "English" servers.

If anyone would like to read up more about the flags:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederate_Battle_Flag#The_Battle_Flag

DeletedUser

I was unsure myself as to bring up the idea about two flags because some people may see it as racist but myself I see it as a part of world history and we can't hide from history as it shapes the world.

DeletedUser

I was unsure myself as to bring up the idea about two flags because some people may see it as racist but myself I see it as a part of world history and we can't hide from history as it shapes the world.

That's been bugging me since the update first came in on the English server.

If it was changed strictly because it was a better choice to the game, and not because someone found it offensive and complained, then I'm okay with that. Otherwise, it is completely unnecessary.

Though I don't see why they can't have both.

DeletedUser

In essence We do . The Confederate battle flag on the shoulder of the mercenary thug .
The Stars and Bars for building the fort .
Then the Bony Blue Flag shows up in a few signatures , so the three most common flags of the Confederate States of America are represented in some form .

DeletedUser

Well the Southern Flag issue came out before we got the v1.14 updates cause another player saw the flag choice on the German "weststats" and mentioned it to me and I sent some PMs to Inno employees about it. Inno changed it for us.

Right or wrong - the Confederate Battle Flags use would be controversial, and I think Inno made a good decision changing the flag choice and still kept their intent of using a "Southern Flag" at the same time.

DeletedUser

I think that we should have a flag and a fort for every type of soldier, so a Union Flag a Confederate Flag a Mexican Flag and an Iroquis Flag.

DeletedUser

I think that we should have a flag and a fort for every type of soldier, so a Union Flag a Confederate Flag a Mexican Flag and an Iroquis Flag.

Flag wars, huh? Well, more variety is always a good thing. Eventually we'll have towns which require their members to wear a certain flag and partcipate in whatever games they have going on.

As annoying as it is, you see this in almost every MMORPG - in some form or another.

i want a potato flag.

Now that's just ridiculous. (Psst, I think it's a great idea!) :nowink:

DeletedUser

It would be good because I've seen a Mercenary with a Union Flag which was just weird.

DeletedUser

I'm making a new thread which is a petition which is better laid out and shows all my ideas in one mpost please do not post on this thread anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.