Experience when I get shot to pieces.

DeletedUser

I recently lost a duel. I didn't get experience. I'd think that after losing the duel, I'd perhaps gain knowledge (i.e. experience). My idea is that if one loses a duel, one should gain experience--a small percentage or however experience is measured. Role-playing wise, this can be explained by changing ones' strategy (allowing myself to get shot in head=bad) or just anticipation of where the enemy is going to shoot. (I'm thinking like in The Outlaw Josey Wales, when Clint E. explains how he knew who was going to shoot first in the town--he wasn't born with that knowledge, lots of shooting gave him that.)
Also, my aim would increase whether I win a duel or not, right? So my aim and draw time would increase with more duels. Experience. Out of character, the experience would help level people's characters (as experience is wont to do).

Summation-Have at least a small percentage of experience gained when one loses a duel. They don't lose a duel and come out dumber (headshots disregarded...)

Ideas? Thoughts? I'm pretty sure this hasn't been suggested before..

EDIT: Due to some dedicated 'Your idea sucks, but I don't have any of my own ideas as to how it might be fixed'-ers let me add to my idea.
>>People no longer increase their dueling level with losses, as suggested by Black Jack.

And to those of you nay-sayers (you know who you are, I hope...) try revising my idea instead of saying 'Hold God, this is just TERRIBLE! It's an abysmal idiotic horribly-thought-out idea!'. Because then you're just spamming my thread. If I wanted to see a bunch of complaints I'd look up Runescape videos of players begging for PKing back. (You'd be amazed at how many links to said videos were sent to me via Youtube account...)

Thanks for taking the time to waste mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Eh, not so sure about this. The only thing I don't like about duels is the fact your dueling level goes up even though you lose. So either that changes or I'd agree with you.

Seriously, I feel bad for the members with 0 wins and 50+ losses having dueling levels higher than that of their character level. Makes it harder to earn anything when they feel like trying to win, only to find out that the only opponents worth their while are impossible to beat as they are now.

DeletedUser

I think that when you lose a duel, you lose 5 dueling experience (the dueling level stays the same).

DeletedUser

no but think about it they say this in all sorts of things like in football they may have lost today but im sure they will learn from this experience but i think if this was the case then it would have to be miniscual amounts or unfair

DeletedUser

yep

i think this makes sense.

as long as we can't choose whether to opt in or out of duels then what this guy is saying makes sense.
you still lose money and health, it seems logical to gain a little exp.

DeletedUser

i think this makes sense.

as long as we can't choose whether to opt in or out of duels then what this guy is saying makes sense.
you still lose money and health, it seems logical to gain a little exp.

Plz go up and read Black Jack's post. This is a bad idea.

DeletedUser

Eh, not so sure about this. The only thing I don't like about duels is the fact your dueling level goes up even though you lose. So either that changes or I'd agree with you.

Wrong, your dueling level is affected by experience you gain while dueling. You only gain experience if you win and then there is a formula but it is basically 2 x the dueling experience and follows the same track for amount as a normal level would. This is added to your level to prevent pure duelers from continually pounding on workers. Once they get to more than 8 dueling levels higher they cannot choose to duel you.

DeletedUser

(I wonder why people think I post without any past experience on on such things.... Oh well)

There are quite a many number of players who have never won a single duel, lost countless numbers, and have a dueling level higher than that of their character level. Mind you, the rate at which these dueling levels increase from just losses, is much slower than that of those that increase through wins.

DeletedUser

The reason some people have dueling levels higher than their experience level without winning any duels is that they did win duels before the system started tracking them.

DeletedUser

The reason some people have dueling levels higher than their experience level without winning any duels is that they did win duels before the system started tracking them.

Are you talking about the Mortician? I meant the record for an individual player. If what you say is the case, then that means they would have had to reset everybody's duel stats, which mine all look untouched.

DeletedUser

Duh! I might give a better response once I get my foot out of my mouth. You're right.

DeletedUser

This makes perfect sense. The only people that would oppose this idea are people who like to duel and don't want other players to gain from their victory.

It's not gifts for losing....it's like in real life. When you hit your hand with a hammer, i'm pretty sure that you wouldn't do it again...hence you'd gain experience/knowledge of it and NOT make the same mistake again....sheesh...

DeletedUser

no its abuseable. im going to sit here and duel my friend for as many times as i can and it doesnt matter who wins because we are leveling so if i win i get a little more its not like we are stealing money from each other its in our banks OH HEY I JUST HIT LVL 50 DUELING HOORAY!

its cheap and cheating and abuseable.

DeletedUser

then put a limit on how many times you can duel someone....it's not complicated...look for a solution before bashing an idea with a fault. This is a forum for coming up with ideas and fixing faults in the ideas to put them at perfection and hope that they may be, in some way, put into the game.

DeletedUser2708

then put a limit on how many times you can duel someone....it's not complicated...look for a solution before bashing an idea with a fault.

But what if you have found a fault, and still have no solution? You can not pretend the fault does not exist, just because you have no immediate solution!

He may not have had a solution ready, but you would have proceeded with a faulty idea, unaware of the fault, if not for his criticism.

DeletedUser

This is a ridiculous idea for the reasons mentioned above. So you take off your cloths and insult everyone and that gets you top of the duelling charts? you really think that makes any sense?

DeletedUser

I'm not saying don't criticize. Just note it, no need for the whole thing at the end.

"its cheap and cheating and abuseable."

What makes it cheap?
It's not cheating - real life isn't cheating is it?
Abuseable? Maybe, but that can be fixed. The tone in which you came at this idea is not one that I would recommend coming after me with...I don't take kindly to people with attitudes. I love a friendly debate and I love looking for solutions to problems. No need for an attitude.

Also - I didn't say to to proceed with my idea - I hadn't looked at it from all angles, I just posted a solution to a fault someone pointed out. It's what I do. People point out faults, I think for a solution to fix that fault.

I'm not a big fan of coming up with ideas to fix games, I just try to perfect ideas that are thought up. If I don't like an idea I won't even post on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yeah but...

the poster was never advocating equal experience for both. just that the loser gains some experience.

the theory about friends constantly dueling each other is ridiculous since dueling uses so much energy and takes health points.

the experience gained should reflect how much damage you did to the other guy. if a duel was like 5 - 80 then of course the loser should get zero experience but if it's more like 30 - 38 then i think the loser should get a little something for it.