There Are Way Too Many Towns, So Lets Transform Them!

DeletedUser

Simple Answer!

Just make a rule that every town that doesn't get any members in the first two weeks of founding has to merge with 5 other towns with only one player into just one town. Solved.:p

DeletedUser

I think your "ranch" is too overpowered- the benefits of owning a ranch are better than being a town member (even with one person per ranch, and it goes "poof" if a ranch owner joins a town)- It sounds like the ranch is making you money while you are doing other jobs.
Or am I missing something- you talk about "working the fields" occaisonally. Is your ranch just some way to gather a bunch of worksites in one location, so you don't have to travel to reach them?

DeletedUser

as it is i dont think its a good idea.

BUT
as a upgrade / addon to a town it could work.
once a town hall get fully built you can then build 1 ranch people from the town and ranch can use each others buildings. but the ranch has to be looked after and built up to take more members. if 2 town wish to join together then they would be a build / dollar cost to turn one town into a ranch transforming the build like in the first post.

DeletedUser

The idea of players being able to build a ranch / stable sounds good.

thats about it

DeletedUser

There are several threads discussing the "too many towns" aspect of the game, for example http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=8817
My reply was: http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=69751&postcount=22

Just make a rule that every town that doesn't get any members in the first two weeks of founding has to merge with 5 other towns with only one player into just one town. Solved.:p
Bad idea.
On one world I set out to build a town by myself. It progresses slower than molasses, but that's OK with me. I would hate if after the next upgrade I end up with 4 others in (another) town, or if I lose my town completely.

DeletedUser

yh i have a town near me which is slowly growing i think the whole ranch thing is kl but should be a higher price and be seperate

DeletedUser

i like it :)

theres too much of annoying towns and noobs that just stall and stay inactive.

DeletedUser

DAMMIT! there are LETTERS called VOWELS IN THOSE WORDS MASTER WARRIOR!

DeletedUser

These ideas remind me of Harvest Moon.

It would be a rather interesting way to earn a living in the game, that's for sure. Though, it would have to be restricted to one member only towns, and require constant care in order to earn an amount at the end of each season that would have to be proportional to what most players make by playing the game normally. Then you could possibly think about the farm being a safe spot from getting challenged to a duel. Having constant stock and little work to make you rich isn't going to cut it.

From my point of view, that is.

DAMMIT! there are LETTERS called VOWELS IN THOSE WORDS MASTER WARRIOR!

Vowels are like, so last year. Don't you know? Leet is the new orange, etc etc.

DeletedUser2708

Don't worry, keighlon; I've seen some of master warrior's other recent posts, and he does indeed possess the capacity to use vowels on occasion. ;)

DeletedUser

His vowel movements are, at best, erratic. Master warrior he may be, but master debater he ain't:)
This whole idea smacks of wanting to have your cake and eat it.

DeletedUser

Connectment

Maybe ranches could be linked to towns so each town is connected to several farmers and the money goes into the town treasury which can be used to build both farm and town buildings. Effectively the farm provides a good job for everyone on the town to try: perhaps farming could have some good experience???

DeletedUser

I dont like the idea, it sounds complicated and just sounds like another form of one person towns... I like to call them "squatters"

DeletedUser

My Idea

The farm or ranch would not be an easy way to make money. You would have to spend a good amount of time working in the fields or barns to keep the health meter up - otherwise you will lose the crop or stock.

A player who owns a ranch or farm would still be able to join a town; that's kinda the whole point - it eliminates towns and creates more players seeking to join towns.

A concentration of jobs to do is one benefit of my idea.

DeletedUser

But players dont HAVE to own a farm... theres not much in it. It wouldnt get rid of towns at all.

I dont like it... its gonna be really hard to persuade me otherwise.

DeletedUser1105

It just seems like a whole lot of work for not much return.

It's turning this game into "Farm-Sim: The new MMORPG. Run your own farm, buy chickens and sell thier eggs at the market, milk the cows and sell the milk. Grow your farming empire with dairy contracts!"

No thanks.

DeletedUser

This is the WEST

This game is missing some very important aspects of the old American West! Farms, ranches, gangs, sheriffs and deputies, literal bank robberies, etc. Come on people, think of ways to implement these things into the game! The West was built by entrepreneurs who started their own businesses – banks, hotels, general stores, etc. There should be literal roads and train tracks running across the map to facilitate player travel. This is the WEST.

DeletedUser

Nothing stopping you having a one man town...but don't expect extra privileges because of it.

DeletedUser

how about when you "delete" your town (turn it into a ghost town) there is an option to either turn it into a ghost town or a random job, based off the town founders level, that would be interesting, and if the town isnt upgraded from 500 points in say 10 days, the town auto goes into a random job.

DeletedUser

This game is missing some very important aspects of the old American West! Farms, ranches, gangs, sheriffs and deputies, literal bank robberies, etc. Come on people, think of ways to implement these things into the game! The West was built by entrepreneurs who started their own businesses – banks, hotels, general stores, etc. There should be literal roads and train tracks running across the map to facilitate player travel. This is the WEST.

They have farms... they're in the JOBS! :p