The West Duel Report Converter

DeletedUser

when i post it in the town forum, the text "enters" only every 2 rounds, not after every round. what im saying is this:
right now said:
Duel:
kman288 vs xxx
Results:
No Hit No Hit :: No Hit Strike: Right Shoulder - 10 HP
No Hit No Hit :: No Hit No Hit
No Hit Strike: Left Shoulder - 15 HP :: No Hit No Hit
No Hit No Hit :: No Hit Strike: Head - 22 HP
No Hit Total: - 47 HP ::
kman288 wins the duel, gains 12 experience points and steals $23 from xxx.

what is should look like is this:

[quote="it should be]
Duel:
kman288 vs xxx
Results:
No Hit :: No Hit
No Hit :: Strike: Right Shoulder - 10 HP
No Hit :: Strike: Left Shoulder - 15 HP
No Hit :: Strike: Head - 22 HP
Total: No Hit Total: - 47 HP
kman288 wins the duel, gains 12 experience points and steals $23 from xxx.
[/quote]

also, since i wasn't hit, it didn't add in the total for where the total should be. and there are "::" after my opponents total.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's a good tool Thank you. it would be a better one if we do not need to write players names in there. I think it could be easily imported from duel logs we paste in.

DeletedUser

should get the little pictures that are on the sides of the flash version of the reports, and get a single picture with all 16 shown on it, side by side. that'd be a neat way of displaying it, while saving space, and using only one picture. i dont know if thats possible, but it would be pretty cool if you could.

DeletedUser

should get the little pictures that are on the sides of the flash version of the reports, and get a single picture with all 16 shown on it, side by side. that'd be a neat way of displaying it, while saving space, and using only one picture. i dont know if thats possible, but it would be pretty cool if you could.

i had that in mind, but the forums have a rule where you can only have 4 images in a post so you cant have it on:dry: lol

DeletedUser

no, like, have them all put into one image? could that be done, so that you just have 2, long pics instead of 16?

DeletedUser

I started it using more and found that i really need such things:
- being able to see log in webpage with bb codes. Because some of our members post just raw html in forum and when i go after the same person and want to see where he hitted or was hit. It could be put like below code.

- when someone passes out I would really like to see it VERY CLEARLY. Many times that is the main reason for dueling in our town, so this event should show at once when you see log.

Thanks

DeletedUser

no, like, have them all put into one image? could that be done, so that you just have 2, long pics instead of 16?

i saw a German Version like this and have been learning how to do such a thing, so there maybe a version like this in the future :)

I started it using more and found that i really need such things:
- being able to see log in webpage with bb codes. Because some of our members post just raw html in forum and when i go after the same person and want to see where he hitted or was hit. It could be put like below code.

- when someone passes out I would really like to see it VERY CLEARLY. Many times that is the main reason for dueling in our town, so this event should show at once when you see log.

Thanks

Yes i know what you mean and i will need to improve my converter to met the need but dont worry i will work on this ;)

DeletedUser

i saw a German Version like this and have been learning how to do such a thing, so there maybe a version like this in the future :)

I have created an quick example of what I think you mean. I am a website developer so use PHP quite a bit. If you wanted I could help with your duel report converter.

More info at http://www.orkhost.com/west/index.php

Here is what the file outputs(It's just an example it's not ment to be great);

The dynamically created single duel image:

duel.png

DeletedUser

That would be really handy.
What would be great is if you could easily put these things onto town forums from ingame [if that is the right word]
As a self confessed techno-cretin, people like mean need a big idiot-proof button to click that does it all for you.

DeletedUser

That would be really handy.
What would be great is if you could easily put these things onto town forums from ingame [if that is the right word]
As a self confessed techno-cretin, people like mean need a big idiot-proof button to click that does it all for you.

This could be easily done in-game if they wanted to. They could just put a link into duel reports saying something like "Make Report Link". This could give you a link to an image based report you could use in the forums.

Other than that we will just have to use the current developing system. The only way for a single click button offsite(not in west) would be a toolbar I would think. That could be a bit to much for this, keeping to copying the report would be the way now I think.

DeletedUser

wow nice work there eddy, i have tried doing it that way but never succeed but looks like you have. Any chance i am able to look at your script, so we can devlop it?

Thanks,

:indian:Crag

DeletedUser

Thanks, yeah sure I will email you the script later on when I wake up lol. If you want me to help incorporate this with what you already have just let me know. Also if you need any more help with anything I would be happy to help.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You guys are slick as Stagecoach axle grease!! Those are both some really neat and slick implementations!!
The