Different Roads

DeletedUser

ok so we already have one quest that i know where you have to choose between one or the other but what about the whole view of your quests change depending what character choice you make (i nknow this will take a lot of programmking etc)

so it would be something like this at level 10

Quest : crossroads

Henry

ok i see that you have been doing well so far and now that you have reached level 10 you now get the chance to choose a character class. you can find out more about these classes by going to character and clicking on the picture at the top. but be careful choosing one as you can ont go back and also because the quests you will now get from now on will differ by ehat class you have choosen.

reward $50 and an item depending on what class you choose

then you can have different quests for builders

build bridge, station, get youre labour points for building a town hall past 150, invest over $1000 into the treasury etc

duellers

take 50-100-150-200 health of someone make someone fake

do over 50 damage with one hit, rob a train,
steal 50$ in one go

soldier

Guard a fort make a fort, exploration, break ion horses, shoe horses, catching horses,
win a duel when you were attacked

adventurer

pick tomatoes, oranges, build an irrigation system, straighten river earn over 100xp on a job etc

any other suggestions available as im doing this whilst not being not on the west

DeletedUser

no i like it. thats a good idea, having different choices based on your character class. the only problem is they have to be balanced with each other, or everyone start playing one type of character. i think in theory its a good idea, but in practice you are limiting peoples choices instead of letting them limit themselves by what skills they choose.

DeletedUser

well the thing is some people complain about not having quests ro whatever because they are a dueller this gives them a chance to do them

DeletedUser

this also makes it easier for duellers builders do complete quests as they can do them quiker than the ones we have now

DeletedUser

well i like the idea of quests that promote you along your class
1. able to do more quests
2. helps teach you what you need to know
3. well who would not want to get items for the right class

bad idear...
1. long time to wright up
2. balancing quests

i think
still have the quest trees for each person...but when you change class one of them will give you quests to "train" you into your class.
soldier = sheriff (authority-perhaps change to a general?)
dueler = lady (spoils of war-get my drift:p)
barkeeper = builder/worker (what worker wouldn't be friends with the barman)
Indian = explorer (well its to be expected they will get to know them more)

and the other ones that are left?...well the normal, collect this travel there quests-(offers less exp and cash, and not so good items compared to your class ones)

any forum moderator wish to comment?

DeletedUser1105

This has been mentoned before, the idea of having quest branches per character class (on top of the original quests).

It is an excellent idea. As said above, it would have to be balanced, but that would be easy.

DeletedUser

i like the idea of only doing jobs for one person but you would want to work for other people sometimes

DeletedUser

Different quests for different classes are good, but the one you suggested are way to unbalanced.

DeletedUser

well like i say when i posted it i wasnt signed into the west and also what would you suggest then

DeletedUser

this can be tied in with the idea for more quests needed thread in which he has suggested having 4 quests at level 9 i think where it will give you a taste of what class is like and that will break you into the types oof quests offered here

DeletedUser

Yeah in theory it's a good idea but it will be hard to make a balance between classes.

DeletedUser

well it seems again like my saloon idea that they are using it but i would like to see more quests and some taken away as such because i get some as a builder and just know staright away i wont be able to do.

DeletedUser

as long as it doesnt unbalance the game, i'm happy about it

hey have they revealed the secret of the church yet? thought they were gonna tell us about it?

DeletedUser

who knows.

i am all for it as i have been all classes on the game but i like builder and advernturer on the game the most my only problem is the fact that you never get quests that i can do as a builder and i think this would even the playingf feild as long as the ideas are thought out