Organized fort battles

DeletedUser

Hey..

It's started, this is from W3

http://i46.tinypic.com/2cxuqfk.png
I can confirm that he found this gun in a fort battle set up by the EC. He was one of 3 survivors, it was a battle for a large fort, and most of the dead battlers (4 total) had brought a bunch of cash.

Rough estimate of his share of the loot:
1/3 of (fort battle fee + sum of dropped cash by dead people) = (10,000 +6-7000) = ~$5600, which just so happens to be the sale price of the gun.

So anyone up for organizing this here on W11? I'm just a "noob" so I dont have access to a fort myself, but I'll gladly join in and pay the $ which is decided in advance by those who sign up (guessing 1-3000 per battle is needed, depending on how many that joins)

Seems they did it with 7 people, then you only need to do 2 battles for everyone to get a loot :)

(tip: Save some finds from jobs so you can sell them before the battle, instead of carrying cash)

Those guys on W3 had a calculated loot of ~5600 per survivor, maybe we can go a little bit higher? ;)

DeletedUser

I think it will be hard to get just 7 people on this world to partake in a battle, you can't stop people turning up, and the more people the more chance of them not playing by the "rules" of this experiment.

To try this out will have to be organised by towns who know each other well and can arrange for the ranks to be filled with peoples who will play by the "rules"

DeletedUser

I think it will be hard to get just 7 people on this world to partake in a battle, you can't stop people turning up, and the more people the more chance of them not playing by the "rules" of this experiment.

To try this out will have to be organised by towns who know each other well and can arrange for the ranks to be filled with peoples who will play by the "rules"

How true small forts where you can easly fill the battle ranks with 2 towns thats still a lot of ppl carrying a very large amount of cash

(really must turn myself from a builder to a fighter )

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
How true small forts where you can easly fill the battle ranks with 2 towns thats still a lot of ppl carrying a very large amount of cash

(really must turn myself from a builder to a fighter )

The right people have to survive, we've seen how cowardly people can be first-hand :razz:

DeletedUser

Yeah we have to struggle with greed, stupidity and trolls that wanna sabotage..

But .pl and .ru servers seem to manage to pull this off, so why shouldnt we?

"Problem" is we need to know in advance how many that will show up at the battle, so the correct amount of cash per survivor can be calculated (doesnt have to be precise.. just over a certain amount)

Then it needs to be repeated 3-4 times so everyone involved gets their item.

DeletedUser

You need to do a few things if you want it to work...

1. Make a list of willing participants, amount carried will depend on how many are coming and how many we determine survive. We need to fill the battle so randomers without money don't get in.

2. Find someone willing to donate a fort for the battle, size depends on how many people are willing to come

Then we can either do a script to work out who's going to die in which battle, presuming we call more than one, or just battle until half die then stop but keep track for the next one then reverse the roles for the next battle.

We did the second one on W9 and 4 people got fancy weapons and others got nice items. Everyone carried about 6k and just under half died.

I'm willing to do a bit of the organizing but it's more than my life's worth to offer any fort :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: