p2p trade window

Symbiote

A very common problem people face in market are thieves; say you want to trade or donate items to a friend for face value, a thief might be lurking and bid the item before the intended customer does. It is totally immoral and petty to steal from players in an idle western browser game. What if trade peer 2 peer window was applied? You go to the position your friend is and once there you can open a trade window to exchange items and money in a very safe way. Let me guess: is not possible within the code or if possible they won't apply it because no. Just a guess.

Thoughts?

Caerdwyn

Isn't that called Town Market? If your townie IS the thief, maybe consider a better place to live.

Poker Alice

Guess for today is that the coding has been closed?

In my humble opinion, if a play exists perhaps we might decide to just go with it? Having digression or discontentment on what is possible in game play may only lead to dissatisfaction. Attempting to make rules for something we are vexed with or to berate other players for their actions can create even more discontentment? - just some thoughts

I've experienced some gaming frustration as well and the only thing I can come up with, so that I still go on to enjoy the game is to role-play it. Yep, there is going to be some bad cowboys and cowgirls out there stealing so maybe I'll walk over to the sheriff's office and offer to put up a bounty on their head?

Since my role-play is to be a good cowgirl when it comes to stealing, even for a quest, will refuse even to STEAL the horses!

Killer Bonnie

There is a player to player window its called private whisper. If your trades are done in private and both players are online then nobody even knows trades are happening. There is always a risk with leaving anything on the public market for any amount of time. Most of the time players just respect other players and dont take items that are marked for someone. You get a report that shows who bought the item. If the thief is in your alliance or town then maybe booting them out is an option or having the black hat in the town they are in boot them out as nobody likes a market thief.

NovaStar

Also, since there is one for townies or alliance members, perhaps one could be added for "friends list"?

But, yes...if a townie or alliance member is "thieving" (determined after confronting them and proving it was purposely, as a lot of times it is accidental), then I would boot them...and I have had to do that maybe twice only in the last 15 years...as most other times, I have found it accidental or resolvable...

Poker Alice

This suggestion is one of the things we are working on implementing in the game :-))
A good idea to implement into the marketplace. I would like to make this one point in the forum. The way the game functions at present is doable. We were all beginners at one time or we all can hurry through half asleep and make an boo-boo. I remember making a mistake as a greenhorn to the game and then trying my best to make up for it.

My point to consider is that some players complain but the personal interrelationships which develop can be out of this world. People do forget it is only a game. I do try to be considerate of other players but don't consider being called "a thief or rude" in a real life setting as appropriate behavior from anyone. I'm doubtful I'll never again not notice the tag but if hypothetically I did manage to - once the transaction is gone it is gone and can't be retraced. What if you don't trust the other player is correct? Maybe they forgot to add the tag in the first place? Whatever the case if someone has a habit of responding to others in a crude way well then maybe they deserved it.:boone: - just a thought

Harriet Oleson

A very common problem people face in market are thieves; say you want to trade or donate items to a friend for face value, a thief might be lurking and bid the item before the intended customer does. It is totally immoral and petty to steal from players in an idle western browser game. What if trade peer 2 peer window was applied? You go to the position your friend is and once there you can open a trade window to exchange items and money in a very safe way. Let me guess: is not possible within the code or if possible they won't apply it because no. Just a guess.

Thoughts?
I agree it could be pretty usefull.
The money transfer would be redundant with the money transfer option at the bank though, as well as I'm not so sure it's needed to create a full new system : maybe some options could just be added in the market ? Like if we could select the player to whom we want to sell something, only him could see the offer and everything would go exactly like in a normal sale : sales fees, need to go to the selling town to get what we bought, minimum selling price etc. Except nobody could steal the offer.

It never happened that something valuable was stolen to me, but I often read players saying one of their offers was stolen. I don't think it's normal that things like that can happen. It makes transactions rather stressfull while they shouldn't be. Even by whisper (cause there's always the possibility that someone intercepts the offer, especially in active worlds where there are potentially a lot of players checking the market at the same time ...). The restrictions like "for town members only" etc help but here again, the problem is still here when we want to sell/craft something for someone out of the town/alliance, and even in the town/alliance, the risk 0 doesn't exist.

Good thing if the team is already working on it.

Symbiote

This suggestion is one of the things we are working on implementing in the game :-))
Nice!!!

As for the considerations on making it a market feature or the bank transfer serving its purpose: a trade window is something usual in rpg games, an instant trade system sounds natural and the nametag thing on market is a roundabout way to do something i believe to be simple to implement. people avoid bank taxes by holding their money in market and selling expensive stuff for minimum bid. a p2p window is secure and dismiss the loss on taxes. the bank transfer might still have a purpose for offline trades and its tax rate should be lowered aswell.

Once again is great news the team is working on this system, waiting anxiously for the development!!