Rule change

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

If you're blocking foreign language from their town forum for those reasons above, you might as well have to block all IRC channels in foreign language.

DeletedUser

It seems to me that only Gem is answereing in this thread now..where are all the other mods?

Why have all the very good posts from other players been ignored, and only my posts, that are very coloured by me anger and feelings, been answered?

Tonight I will make a new forum in Hell town that is in english, I will close the danish forum, but keep it for as long as im allowed.

btw is private Telegrams included in this rule change?

if a member of my town asks me a question by telegram in danish is this then against the rules? should I answer him in dansih or will I then myself by in violaten of this new rule?

DeletedUser

I assume this new rule is a joke? How much more discriminating can you be?:mad: No freedom of speech to those you can't understand; guess there is a reason why this is not part of any Consitution I know of.

If this rule gets enforced I suggest to do it properly and punish all players that do spelling and grammar mistakes. :D Oh and since it is an English game I would restrict payment options to English speaking countries only. :D I laugh at the stupidity shown here.

If I were you Gem I'd get this "new rule" signed off by a Legal Department. If I were to use a different language in-game and was punished, PAYING PREMIUM, I would sue Innogames.

I can tell you now that this rule has no chance to be sustained/enforced in the first place.

Cheers,
Bonez

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It seems to me that only Gem is answereing in this thread now..where are all the other mods?

Why have all the very good posts from other players been ignored, and only my posts, that are very coloured by me anger and feelings, been answered?

Tonight I will make a new forum in Hell town that is in english, I will close the danish forum, but keep it for as long as im allowed.

btw is private Telegrams included in this rule change?

if a member of my town asks me a question by telegram in danish is this then against the rules? should I answer him in dansih or will I then myself by in violaten of this new rule?

Mail has to be in English -

Say hello to external forums, say good-bye to in-game mail/forums :\

DeletedUser

Just a note for the MODs (Aka the hated Gem (Seems your Mod-colleagues don't care at least))

First of all an introduction (Rest will follow, don't worry): I'm eLamba on W2, W3, W4 and W5. I have stopped on W2 and W3, since they were kind of tests for me. On all servers, I have been a part of Hattrick-towns. Hattrick is an online game about football (soccer for Americans), that have lots of national and international forums.

In the Danish Off-topic forum, the guy called FAlkonet (in here, almost similar to Hattrick) made a topic about this brilliant game The West, and asked if anyone was up for the challenge of a Hattrick town. Having been around the Hattrick forums for more than 3 years, and having participated in alike "projects" in Travian, Ikariam and alike games, I took up the challenge and later many more joined, like steenstar, Barlaz, Buffalo Brain ( :D ) and many many more. We have, in the month or so we've been playing, filled up more than 5300 posts in those forums, where we've talked about quests, builds, roles and what not.

In our towns, there's some who ask, but mainly they're used as information to the citizens, which is much much MUCH easier to do in Danish, for us native speakers. Contact with others, have as far as I know, been done in English, and that's obvious since we're on an English server. Now for the comparison:

I assume you know about the game, World of Warcraft. I'll admit, that I have spent (waay too) much time in that game, and one thing I've learned, that works just beautifully, is enforcing English as the only spoken language in public. When in parties, raids, whispers or guilds, you may talk whatever you want. Guilds like "Pro Finlandia" (Finland), "Elites of Denmark" (Denmark) and "Warriors of Greece" (Greece) are all for only those nationalities, and there's many more like it from Hungary, Germany, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Norway and you name it.

If people in those guilds were enforced to talk ONLY English in game, I can guarantee you, that Blizzard would feel it in their €800.000.000 profit last year. I assume, that The West is nowhere near Blizzard and WoW standards, and thus they'd feel it much earlier, if players start leaving because the freedom of speech is taken from them. (Yes, there IS Danish people who understands NO English AT ALL.)

On world 4, I am now in the town of Pennycoat Junction, where the language is English, as there's people from Canada, England and possibly many more places. I'm so lucky, that I have spent much of my spare time on online forums and games the past 5 years (living on a farm far away from mates *yawn*) - so I've used the English I've learnt at school, and thus I can easily communicate with the people. I have a lil' sister, whom I play both Hattrick and another browser game with though, and if she was forced to ONLY communicate in English, she could as well quit.

This rule is a shame for the people playing, the people who have made the game and us wasting time discussing it. It's pure discrimination, and in comparison, people like Hitler at least let the Jews speak their own language before he killed them.

DeletedUser

For the dear MODs also out there.
Will we get our Euro's back for Premium if/when we decide to quit due to these nazirules that you want to enforce since we signed up under different circumstances.

DeletedUser

First of all, this rule is not rascist discriminatory, or anything else.

For all of those who say so, remember this, Innogames did not force you here (like hitler made the jews, so stop refering the staff to nazis) ... meaning that you came here voluntarily. You don't have to obey the rules, but if you break them, your kicked out of the game.

Lets say your Danish, and someone says something offensive about your mother ... you report it, and a mod comes along, and says "I don't see where the offended you." This is what Gem has been talking about, the mods speak english primarily, thats actually a requirement.

Mods are not required to know all other language that the members speak. That would be like Innogames putting in a mod that could only speak a language you didn't know ... think about how hard it would be to report a cheater, or bully.

Stop harrassing Gem, and the other mods. They are doing thier job, what they are supposed to. So why don't you do what your supposed to do and speak English.

DeletedUser

A word of advice: Try not to alienate your customers by enforcing ridicolous rules, instead try to accomodate their wishes and instead implement Scandinavian, Hispanic and Flemisch speaking Mods to deal with those few cases where you need to deal with an in town forum problem....

I mean, mod's don't get paid do they? In most cases Mods are just individuals trying to compensate for some childhood inferiority complex by exercising power, and I think you can find those people in all language groups.

DeletedUser

Overkill

Lets say your Danish, and someone says something offensive about your mother ... you report it, and a mod comes along, and says "I don't see where the offended you." This is what Gem has been talking about, the mods speak english primarily, thats actually a requirement.

If I am Danish and someone says something offensive to me I can report it to a mod even if the message was in Danish. All I need to do is provide a translation. That would not be a problem.

But to kill a lot of innocent in-game (and private) conversations between players and in town forums just because someone *thinks* there might *could* be something offensive being said that is a problem.

The mods should do their job of course. And we should all help them as much as we can if needed.

But what we are really supposed to do here is not to speak English but to play the game and have fun. Speaking English is not a requirement for fun.

DeletedUser

Then it's my problem, not the MOD's.. And the only thing I would report to the MOD's anyways, is if anybody are cheating.. Not something about my mother, because there isn't things I care less about, then what people I don't no say in a onlinegame.. The only thing that would happen there, is that I will see them as idiots the rest my time in this game..

Mods are not required to know all other language that the members speak.
I don't expect the MOD's to read my townforums or mails.. The only ones here expecting that is themselves..

That would be like Innogames putting in a mod that could only speak a language you didn't know ... think about how hard it would be to report a cheater, or bully
I think most people in this forum has agreed about the reporting-language has to be English, as well as mails to people they don't know..

So why don't you do what your supposed to do and speak English.

Because the thing I'm supposed to, is just the most (insert your own word, I'm not allowed to do) rule ever made..

DeletedUser

This is stupid, If its only English in game then only accept money from English speaking countrys.

I.E. Canada, USA, UK & Australia

I have made many friends in game from other countries like elamba & Buffalo Bryan. I live in Canada and only speak English so really this does not effect me other then loosing good friends I have made. If you do follow through with this rule I may have to re-think my account with you as Who you are can be measured by the company you keep.

I say people should use the Block Feature if they dont like someone, Why have it in game if your not going to have players use it but mod the game for the players themself? ever hear of K.I.S.S.=Keep It Simple Stupid?

DeletedUser

Stop harrassing the mods. They are doing their job, what they are supposed to. So why don't you do what your supposed to do and speak English.

This is the only part of your post I could read and not laugh at; I'm not (and I think I can say that WE are not) harassing the MODs, we're questioning a stupid rule that was put down, which they as MODs have agreed to defend. (The rules)

My "job" in this, is to have fun playing their game, and then spend some money on it, so that the devs can earn a bit. My flipping job ain't to speak English to other persons. I'm not a translator for Gods sake!

However, "we"* respect the rules, and do speak English on these boards as we're asked to do. Look in that other topic where "for sina" is trying to tell how hard it is for him, to translate everything from his native language, to English, and then those reading it, have to spend about as much time, translating it back to that same native language. Is that fair, that just because you're not born in UK or the US, that you're enforced to speak English? - That IS discrimination.

Edit: I don't expect you understand this, so don't bother answerring if you can't say anything else than "English game, speak english of go away!" - Thanks.

DeletedUser

Ok, this is getting way too firey. If you cannot talk in a civilised manner please do not post here. If it carries on I will lock the thread and all this discussion about the new rule will cease...

DeletedUser

First I am Founder of Medicine Bow Open on World 2 and we are all English speaking players. Second I have a new character on World 4 that is an Adventurer. If I were to find a town in my wanderings that was a foreign (to me) language only town I really wouldn't care to join. No insults to them but we'd have no common ground to start friendships on. If I didn't know it was a different language town when I tried to join then I'd sure learn it when they refused me. And that wouldn't upset me. It wouldn't be an insult to me if they said I'm sorry but we only speak blank (insert every language but English here) language. Why should it? They didn't say you're a twit they just said we speak only such and such here. Big hairy deal! I'll just go find a town that does and accepts me! There was an idea about putting the town's language on their flag (or something like that) earlier which I think is a very good idea. And one other thing. Go ahead and send me mail in another language. lol I'll look at it wonder why they sent it and delete it. Why stress over it? If they cuss you out in their language do you really know what they said anyway? Not me. So no biggie.
That said I also understand the Mods problems with languages. It'd irritate the blazes out of me if I tried to figure out a problem in a foreign language. Hah with some of the English here it is hard trying to figure things out! What if when the Mods have a problem in another language the town or person(s) with the problem are required to translate ALL the information the Mods require for the Mods? Would that help? I have no idea. I'm just trying to come up with a compromise that would work for both sides.

And please meaness never helps. Neither side will listen to anything when hostility breaks out. You could be telling me the winning lottery numbers in a very hateful way and I'd tell you to piss off and not listen to you.

DeletedUser

Ok, this is getting way too firey. If you cannot talk in a civilised manner please do not post here. If it carries on I will lock the thread and all this discussion about the new rule will cease...

plz be very carefull with closing this thread, it might easily look like your are just closing to avoid people to discuss this. I think it is better to warn/ban those people (including myself) that step over the line.

I hope you mods have listen to many of those that have posted, this issur doesn't seem to be a problem only for us danes, there is many people who I don't know who have posted against this rule.

I would actually like to know where this new rule comes from?

Is it a demand from the game developers, or a demand from the mods?

DeletedUser1100

I own a Town in W1 ! and most of my memebrs cannot speak English well...so what can they do if we change the language of the forum ? do they have to leave the game ?
when they started to play this game they were informed about the rules...but this rule is new ! and if we make this change maybe they will have to leave the game after many months playing...
Do you really think that is fair ? do you like u play a french game and then they make a new rule which you should speak french !

DeletedUser

plz be very carefull with closing this thread, it might easily look like your are just closing to avoid people to discuss this. I think it is better to warn/ban those people (including myself) that step over the line.

I hope you mods have listen to many of those that have posted, this issur doesn't seem to be a problem only for us danes, there is many people who I don't know who have posted against this rule.

I would actually like to know where this new rule comes from?

Is it a demand from the game developers, or a demand from the mods?

Yeah I am trying not to close this thread, but a lot of people aren't doing much to help.

(Did I ever tell you about the rumour that a Danish version of the west is in alpha version right this minute? And it'll be opening soon? :))

DeletedUser

Yeah I am trying not to close this thread, but a lot of people aren't doing much to help.

(Did I ever tell you about the rumour that a Danish version of the west is in alpha version right this minute? And it'll be opening soon? :))

Why opening national worlds, instead putting all these MOD's into one big world?

Status
Not open for further replies.