Tackling high piers with lowers

DeletedUser

i agree i dont go after people unless they are worth the xp or i know they have money but still when i want to duel someone above me i cannot and i know it is for the lower players safety in general but if you ask me its our own fault if we get thrased but id rather be able to duel these people for the higher xp etc

DeletedUser

Why the heck shouldn't I be able to attack someone who attacks me ?

The rules are very clear ... yes they are complicated, but they are very clear.

READ!..You can Still attack someone lower than you!..but depending on how low they are will depend on numerous things.

I think you're missing the point that lower levels can beat higher levels due to a variety of factors including skills and gear worn during the duel.
The chances are that a person 15 levels below you and managing to beat you in a duel is rare.

Also I can assure you that under normal circumstances most L 40+ players do not go out of their way attacking people for very low XP - its not worth the energy loss to gain so few XP points when job XP is much higher.

If someone is carrying around a large sum of money then they deserve to get farmed ... but it isn't going to be by players of +15 levels.
I gathered that but not all L 40+ players think the same, sure okay you find a lower levelled guy with a tone of money and you decide to attack them, if the person was 15 levels below you then you wont gain a thing but you will most likely damage them a lot.
But if the person went and attacked you, then it would be fair game and you would gain a lot of their money etc.

DeletedUser

madkill on all 5 worlds your grand total duel record is 2-1 ... you're completely clueless about actual dueling in the game ... there are already measures in place to prevent high duel level players from attacking lower level duel level players.

master warrior - you have very good Win total for your Duel XP, but your record is 21-29, so chances are you're getting farmed more then the other way around and if you really wanted to raise your duel record you shouldn't have a hard time given your location on the map near-ish so many cities with duel opponents for you.

#2 player on W-1 getting beat by a L 29 and Midgrin is tough ... many of the top 50 players would be demolished by PrljaviHari or any reasonably equipped lower level who put all their points into dueling skills.

Midgrin6b.jpg

In fact if you looked at the duel records of the top 100 players on W-1 - I bet more of them have more losses then wins.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yes it was a case in a war within two towns when they had better weapons but the shoe is on the other foot now :) but im doing quests just now after having to w8 so lond for the labour points but i think i will do some duelling now as i always complter my quests too quick.

example my level 27 quests i done them in one sweep :(

DeletedUser

I think that the attacker (almost) always wins - he can choose his opponents, study their moves, dress accordingly and choose the moment of the duel. The defender, who is busy working high difficulty jobs, wears his working gear, usually has little chance to win.

Attacking players higher than you has a very good reward. For example:
Level 16 dueler attacks level 22 builder, and wins. The dueler gets 79 experience (let's assume no money).
The builder changes into his green shirt and what else he has for dueling, attacks the dueler and wins. He gets 7 experience (again, let's assume no money).
So the lower level player has a great reward for attacking a higher level player (even if he wins only 50% of the time); the costs to retaliate are too big compared to the benefits.
But - if the lower level player steps on too many toes, those bigger players can knock him out in retaliation, and he loses the ability to attack for 48 hours. After being knocked out 2-3 times, he might get the message.

I'm a builder, my duel record is 7-4 (1-4 when defending, 6-0 when attacking).

DeletedUser

well it is just one of the advantages of a dueller over a builder so stop having a go at them but u are righ but sometiems revenge is more sweet than xp dont u agree