Events

DeletedUser

well, when no event, then at lest there should come action awalible, where you can give gifts to your friends :(

DeletedUser

You never hear anyone saying that other religions shouldn't celebrate their festivals because not everyone is of that faith.
I'm not a Christian, but really dislike the discrimination against that particular faith. Why should anyone celebrating their faith be 'offensive' to anyone else. And if it is, then doesn't that apply across the board?

now in Real Life im with ya 100% and id smack anyone upside the head so hard they'd end up in china if they tried to prevent me from celebrating Christmas . As i said before I celebrate it every year . I attend the Christmas chuch service and have taken part in it but I dont see a need for it in the game. It would be a cosmetic thing at best and I would much rather they work on other things

DeletedUser

i dunno i think a couple of themed items and jobs wouldnt be too hard to develop, would be recyclable every year, and would add a seasonal festivity to the game. i hunted turkeys all day on thanksgiving. why? because i hoped there was some easter egg they had implemented. think about it this is the american west they could easily implement rotating holidays based on that.

christmas
thanksgiving
independance day
easter
valentines day

those are pretty fun and themed holidays that fit in. if there were a tiny quest with some bonus products from specific or temporary jobs for em, it would break the monotany and add a bit of flair.

DeletedUser

Almost everybody in the western part of the United States during the era that this game is based on were Christian or Jewish. Should at least offer each town the choice of celebrating one or the other. The choice should be available to the mayor(s).

If Christmas is chosen then the town would be decorated with strings of popcorn, garland, a Christmas tree and mistletoe (kiss kiss).
And each member gets a random gift worth $10 or less.

If Hanukkah is chosen, there will be a Menorah in the Saloon, and each town member gets $5.

If no selection is chosen, then the town stays the same.

DeletedUser

Almost everybody in the western part of the United States during the era that this game is based on were Christian or Jewish. Should at least offer each town the choice of celebrating one or the other. The choice should be available to the mayor(s).

If Christmas is chosen then the town would be decorated with strings of popcorn, garland, a Christmas tree and mistletoe (kiss kiss).
And each member gets a random gift worth $10 or less.

If Hanukkah is chosen, there will be a Menorah in the Saloon, and each town member gets $5.

If no selection is chosen, then the town stays the same.
jewish!?!? in the west??? umm no it was mainly irish catholic, protestants and asians, most jewish folks didn't arrive untill 1890s and more recently, this is because it was then they were begining to be exilied from russia and suffering from poverty in poland the "old" immigrants came from north west europe and it was theh, for the most part that colonized the west. and as for the asians, they came from china to build the transcontinental rr

DeletedUser

Jews have been in America since the mid 1600's. Also, some Germans coming to America in the 1830 on up were also Jewish.

DeletedUser

Do just a little research and You'll see You are quite wrong . There was a synagogue in Savannah GA well before 1800 , and for the Irish they did work on the rail roads , but not a lot of towns were founded by immigrants or even first generation groups .

DeletedUser

yes, but as i implied the majority of westerners were non-jewish, but i guess you could also choose chinese new year, but there are also no chinese characters, which leaves my reasoning in a pinch
and to Oakley, Georgia is not in the west

DeletedUser

as one of our GLORIOUS moderators already said, innogames does what it wants, its called rp. so if they wanted to make everyone celebrate roshashana then they could. it doesnt matter what holidays they choose, it would be nice flavor to the game.

DeletedUser

Good Idea,
It's like something they would do on RuneScape to keep the players intrest on that tedious game.
Long Live The West!

DeletedUser

yes, but most famous colonisation points were in nothern america and this is the place where snows :laugh:

DeletedUser

i am for this idea like i say and the while snow thing and the town looking different

like henry with a santa hat :)

DeletedUser

Ummm because im pretty sure not everyone here is Christian. You DO know Christmas is about the birth of Christ right? As ive said 3 times by now I dont see this as a must have .

Actually Christmas originates out of a pagan festival for the winter solstace and most of the symbols of it are borrowed from other religions and beliefs. It is the same for Easter and the Catholic church was instrumental in getting both holidays adopted and observed in order to attract more pagan worshippers into thier fold. The actual estimated time of birth of Christ is thought to be late summer due to the taxation edict and the shepards in the fields tending their flocks.