• Genius, I completely agree

Votes: 39 72.2%
  • I like it but the structure part is going to far

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • I like the west the way it is, trade would change things too much

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters

DeletedUser

I think that There should be some way to trade with other people, or trade routes between some towns. Something like, Towns produce different trade goods that can be useful elsewhere.

An example would be one town decides to produce stone in their town, another one decides to produce eggs. Does anyone see how this can be effective?

There should be a specific way to trade though, say a marketplace. A structure you must build in your town before you can trade.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

:cool:Yes, I agree there sould be soem way to trade between two players, like as anyone played Rune Scape soemthing like thier trade menue. Two players meet up in an market or something and they pull up trade menue to buy and sell eachother products.

DeletedUser

Don't you think that's a bit tricky seen as your players don't really move and its not the kind of game where a trade offer could just pop up because most people aren't online. I think the games fine as it is, people are trying to make it too much like the said game in the post above.

DeletedUser

No, I don't mean actual trading, I mean a marketplace, you put something in the market, You have some products that you want to sell, Other people will probably need them so you put them in the market. When someone comes to your town they can buy from your market's stock.

DeletedUser

i like the idea. you could have a market place in your town where you could put up the wares you would like to sell. you would get most of the proceeds with a small fee going to the town (since the market is a town building).

DeletedUser

I was thinking about it and to keep the game balanced:

You should ony be able to give items/gold to players that are 5+ levels lower then you.

No gold can be exchanged.

You can only give an item to a player if they have enough skills to work n a job that gains it. (eg: my tribemate found 4 union flags working for 2 hours. I spent 10h and found nothing. he can give me the flag.
and for other items:
The player has to have a required level to use an item to get it. Eg: a lvl 1 player can not get a lvl 20 req item to sell and gain cash from it.

SF

DeletedUser

A town Market could be made... where only members of the town can put items on it... and you must visit that town to purchase it

DeletedUser

i like the idea. you could have a market place in your town where you could put up the wares you would like to sell. you would get most of the proceeds with a small fee going to the town (since the market is a town building).

i like this idea.

or if it could be made to trade with town members only.

DeletedUser

Trading with others

:eek: i agree that we should have a trade system, so that we can help each other for some quest especially....:D

DeletedUser

i had chose the middle one, but somtimes i feel like some of these ideas are going too far(not so much this one as they said they would probsly do it) like the railroad one jus seemed completely unessicary to me
so just saying please don't go overboard on what you want the west to expand into

DeletedUser

town market is definetely genius! hopefully the makers of the west can implement something like that into this.

DeletedUser

I don't know about trading, I just wish when things were sold to the towns stores, they could be put back up for sale at the stores. What a great time your town would have if it had a flag for sale in the shop.

DeletedUser

I like the idea of a marketplace in your town with the town getting a cut of the proceeds as well. I think it would be best to limit it too town members only too.

DeletedUser

Why not have a trading post added as a building. Items can be added there for town members. Whether an item can be claimed or not can be set by the members trading level.

DeletedUser

I agree with marketplace idea 100%. But at the same time its very imporan not to unbalance the game. One possibility could be - player who puts item to marketplace when item is sold gets the same amount of money as if he sold to shop. Town could get like 5% of the sale price and the rest goes to shop (dissapears). Town members could buy for sale price and non town members for 4x price. This way developers could create another money dumper place, increase item flow - that means that players would level a little bit faster and create money faster. But increase iteraction between players a lot - increasing satisfaction in game too.

Another idea is - let people trade gold (what they buy with real money) in marketplace too. Even let them pay for items from shop with real gold. It will increase demand for gold and server will get more income. Of course security and other issues should be kept in mind.

DeletedUser

that would defeat the whole quest set up if you could just trade to get what you needed.

though i do like the idea of a market that pays the town, kinda like an ebay deal

DeletedUser

I think that There should be some way to trade with other people, or trade routes between some towns. Something like, Towns produce different trade goods that can be useful elsewhere.

An example would be one town decides to produce stone in their town, another one decides to produce eggs. Does anyone see how this can be effective?

There should be a specific way to trade though, say a marketplace. A structure you must build in your town before you can trade.

Yeah mate! like the idea!! but how about the following ..... Ever played age of empires? well it could be like that... have fields of corn, hills with stone and rivers with fish and panning for gold... each town is founded and people can join them and they pay to build buildings like in this one. but each villager must have a job that they are allowed to change if they want to .... how does that sound about adding a bit more to your idea?

DeletedUser

That is a completely different thing but I see what you mean and I like that too!

DeletedUser

:eek: i agree that we should have a trade system, so that we can help each other for some quest especially....:D

Actually, that would probably be the reason why they would NOT implement it, because they want us to find the items ourselves.