smarter queing

DeletedUser

There has been a few times where I want to que up an hour or two at a job only to find out I am 1 labor point shy of the needed 12 or 24. Yet if I waited the 10 minutes it would take to get that extra point, I could do the job. So yes, I could use the current system that's in place and wait.

With my idea, the game would calculate the travel time to that job or task and figure out if you would have enough labor points by the time you got to the location of the job.

EG: I am at some random job location, the next job I want to que up is 10minutes of travel time away. I want to work for 2 hours but only have 23 labor points.

With the current system I wouldn't be able to work the job for 2 hours. I would have to either work it for one hour or wait ten minutes before queing up the job.

With the smarter queing. The game would know that after 10minutes of travel time I would have gained that one extra point and it allows me to que up the job.

Normally waiting the 10min isn't that big of a deal. But often life get's in the way and I don't have 10min to wait for that extra point.

Maybe it's only me that this happens to. I don't know, so if it happens to you. Drop a line here and we can find out if this would be a worth while code change.

Also, if the last Founder leaves the town, and only councilor's, or citizens are left in the town. Could you(the game) promote one of the town members to the Founder rank? Maybe make it based off of whoever has donated the most money and or building time to the town foundry.

Just a thought, I've read a couple threads where this issue seemed to be a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Queuing or queueing. Both are acceptable (and the OED prefers queueing, for what it's worth). :D

DeletedUser

:p but but but .... isn't this Bar-B-Q country .. or should that be Barbeque, or Barbequeue !

DeletedUser

It's barbecue. And queue. It bothers me so much when people leave off those two letters. ): But I'm just a big ol' English nerd.

Anyway. I totally agree with 'smart' queues! I'm often queuing (FF says that's right and the other is wrong :p) tasks just before running out the door to work. I can't exactly sit around for ten minutes to wait for that one little energy point.

DeletedUser

People will purchase premiume bcause of that 1 little energy point. I guess it's part of their plan.

DeletedUser

3 energy points regenerate per hour without premium, which means you have to wait 20 minutes per point. Your energy increases during travel and during jobs. If your destinations have been 10 minutes away from you each time, it explains why you only have to wait 10 minutes upon arrival.

It has been calculating fine all this time, you just haven't noticed it.

DeletedUser

...I definitely don't have twenty minutes to waste sitting around.
When I get that first paycheck (eventually >_<) I'm planning on getting some premium. But which world? All three? I suppose I'll decide when I see how much I've got.

DeletedUser

It is a bit rubbish having to wait around for 11.52 minutes just to do what you were going to do. I'm not sure why you can't just decide how many of the 5 minutes per point you want to spend doing a job. We're all big boys and girls now.

DeletedUser

Queuing or queueing

Black Jack, I think you missed the point of this thread.
I think we should be able to go ahead and queue the next job if we are close to the points required, travel to the area and then wait until we have the points required, then begin the job.

DeletedUser

i get the same TYPE of problem and i think this explains his problem a little better.
i have premium so i get 4 jobs queues
job1 2 hours
job2 2 hours
job3 2 hours
job4 i am short 1 energy point.
if you take into account that after working 6 hours i would have 18 extra energy points. why cant the system account for the extra points i would have gained in jobs 1,2,3 and allow the queue for job4.

as for the town founder issue $120 = 1 hour build time with this calculation a builder would take control of any town its a question of value . would it not be better if the highest level player takes control or a Vote for leader or even the longest player in that town

DeletedUser

The situation that irritates me: I queue 8 hours of sleep. After those 8 hours I should be refreshed enough to do anything - but no, if I'm really tired now I can't plan anything until I've been asleep for a few hours.

Rather spoils the point of 'work all day, sleep at night, get up and work again in the morning' if I can't tell my character to do anything until after they've [and I've] gone to bed.

DeletedUser

Well am glad to see it's not just me and thank you for the better/simpler explanation Spepper! Though am not a "his" :p

Hopefully a few more people will post there opinions and maybe we can find out if this is a big enough issue for the developers to fix.

DeletedUser

I see the point of this...and I like the idea. However...it would be difficult to particularly code...because then technically you'd have energy like 106/100 when fully rested. The proportions don't really work out.

Ultimately, yes, it is a pain to wait, but I think this is an element of the game that we just need to plan for...nothing we can really do to change it :)

DeletedUser

select extract(minute fromCurTime())
set minute=t
energy=e

/minutechecker

If t==0 to 19
set e+1
else if t==20 to 39
set e+1
else if t==40 to 59
set e +1
goto jobenergychecker

insert whatever code they use to see if you currently have enough points to perform the job (which requires X energy per time setting).

If not then add the travel time to the current time, and use that time as current time and see if there would be enough energy to perform the job.

SELECT EXTRACT([FONT=The Sans Mono Condensed,The Sans Mono Condensed]MINUTE FROM [/FONT]'CURTIME()+traveltime')
set newtime=t
goto /minutechecker

Been a long time since I did any coding. But that would be the easiest way that I can think of. Not much of a change to the foundation of the code. just a bit of a patch.

Oh and I'm for the idea.

Last edited by a moderator: