idea for scheduling work

DeletedUser

First post here, but I have been reading the forum for a while.

My idea is to be able to schedule jobs to do after you are finished resting in a hotel when you have very low energy.

Example:
After working all day you end up with 0 energy left. Schedule a hotel stay that will give you 72 energy points. With my idea you would be able to use the 72 energy points to schedule jobs for your character to do after you finish resting. It would allow for minimal 'doing nothing' time. Premium users could be working or sleeping 24/7 easier than it is now.

DeletedUser

maybe i didnt explain it clearly? If you are at zero energy and you go to sleep at a hotel (leaving the game overnight). Instead of just sleeping you could schedule sleeping + some of the next days jobs all at once.

DeletedUser3741

They should just let you schedule enough tasks for the whole week

DeletedUser

No Talamare, they should let us schedule tasks for a whole month :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I agree that you should be able to schedule work even if you do not meet the required energy level. The energy check should be done when the job is started and not when it is scheduled.

If you are doing a 2 hour job and have 23 energy left it would be nice to go ahead and schedule another 2 hour job instead of waiting for that last energy point.

DeletedUser

mmmm nope. dont agree. if you could schedule tasks for an extended time then whats the point of even logging in and playing? just build railroads and sleep for a month come in spend your skill points and do it again. you would have lvl 99 people who dont even play the game.

DeletedUser

Keighlon , ignore the factious comments about a day or a week at a time .
The original idea was simply to have the system check/remove energy at the time scheduled work is done , as opposed to when it is scheduled . Your low on energy , You schedule sleep , then a job . As it stands now You can't schedule the job because Your low on energy , after You sleep you wont be . We aren't asking for a longer que .

DeletedUser

I just put My character to bed . I'd like to have him go work when he gets up .
I might not be able to come back to the game first thing tomorrow , then there is time with Him just sitting . He should be out there earning money and experience .

DeletedUser

I've got premium . It's little use when I can't schedule unless I have the energy now .
It does allow Me to get more done during the day , but like now it's near useless .

DeletedUser

You could always put your player to sleep at about 25 points and just schedule your job with that.

Usually I put 2 sleep sessions because it doesn't fill up all the way with just one. By the time I'm up it's around 90ish% as opposed to 70s.

DeletedUser1105

I like it as it is too.

It is akin to saying 'I want to be able to by an item from the general store. I don't have the money *now*, but I'll have it when I've finished working'. Sorry, come back when you have the money.

So, to sum up, come back when you have the energy to do the job!