So let me get this straight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

It's better to be a dueller or soldier if you are online a lot..Like you work at a computer. Useless if you aren't, I have no problems. I'm levelling a day at a time, and getting really good at low level duelling, sometimes you get a nice surprise when someone is holding say $300..In fact I'm after a cash cow at the moment..heh..

DeletedUser

Shocker re-makes a good point

And I don't see this issue going away unless it is addressed. The game is called "The West" not "Rob Me". Do a search on dueling in these forums. Theives like it the way it is (no surprise) builders want recourse.

-defend your town?
-form a posse?
-have a jail?
-opt in duels?

Whatever form it takes, we're not asking to do away with robbery, we're asking to add a option for honor and duty. If the only joy you find in the game is plundering the weak... and being evil.... well, most of these games are full of pre-pubecent boys so we expect that... but if you're opposed to their even being the possibility of law and good... then maybe you need to take a break from your computer for a while.

The West was full of lawless men... but they (generally) lived life on the run... and they got prison or hung. (Actually if we could EXECUTE the bandits we catch so you have to start over at level 1 that could be cool.:))

Or imagine a game where all your builders move on and your bandits only have each other to pick on... no money, no fancy buildings... just a bunch of badies trying to out rank each other... FUN

DeletedUser

When you judge my tone like that you hurt my feelings. How intolerant of you.

DeletedUser

That is just silly. You need to go play SimCity. This is a Fantasy roleplaying game. As such it attempts to appeal to the most people it can with game mechanics. The only way you are actually penalized is if you are not on the computer that often. Bank your wages and quit whinning.

DeletedUser

I don't have a problem with dueling ,the problem is it is not a duel its an ambush ,maybe if the Dev's changed the name to Robber/outlaw or something along those lines it would put a stop to the moaning

DeletedUser5281

Or imagine a game where all your builders move on and your bandits only have each other to pick on... no money, no fancy buildings
It's like Kroesus said, do you think you're playing SimCity?

What fancy buildings? They're rather basic graphics, and your town will never look bigger than a half-dozen ramshackle sheds. Is this the point of your game?

Where's the challenge in that? How dull!

DeletedUser1105

I AM SICK TO DEATH OF THESE POINTLESS DEBATES ABOUT DUELLING.

No, it is not Sim City, but neither is it Tribal Wars.

It is a cross between the two. Which means on one side, you have people who come with the Sim City mind-set of wanting to work as a community to build a nice town and you get the other half who come with the tribal wars mindset who want to terrorrise people and duel a lot. They are both valid ideas. And both deserve to be allowed play.

And both sides should STOP COMPLAINING. One side says 'Go play sim city', the other says 'go play tribal wars'. It's petty. Yes, you can play those games, but what makes the west better than both is that you can do both of them. The very thing people complain about is what makes this game different from the rest.

To everyone complaining about being duelled: it is a part of the game, get used to it. Take measures to protect yourself, by not keeping that much money on you. If you get caught out and lose, you only lose 1/3 of your cash. If you've banked it before you went out to work, that won't amount to a great deal.

To everyone complaining about duellers having a hard time: let it go. You chose that path. It's difficult to make a good living out of it, so what? If you don't like it you can always start again and be someone else.

This game allows you to play both sides of the coin. If you don't accept that, you are never going to enjoy playing this game and maybe it isn't for you.

I've come to realise that duelling should be put in the bag with religion and politics for 'things you should not discuss with people who disagree with you'. You are never going to see each others viewpoint and come to an agreement. Duellers won't be happy until they can rob your bank as well as your cash, and non-duellers won't be happy until they are completely protected inside a nice little bubble where the bullies can't get them.

DeletedUser

i'm ranked betwen the best 60 duellers in world 1, and for the last 12 duelles i have got about 50$ that is it, so don't talk to me about duellers earning money fast, it's true that duelling is a great way for gaining experince, but not a good way to gain money, cuz as long as there is big banks and ppl who knows how to play we duellers will never be aple to make that much cash by duelling.

DeletedUser5281

Then we'll just have to rob the banks!
The very thing people complain about is what makes this game different from the rest.
I agree whole-heartedly

Duellers won't be happy until they can rob your bank as well as your cash
Correcton: We won't be happy till we've robbed you, robbed your bank, raped your wife, sold your children, burned your house down, and shot you. It's a cruel world
:laugh:

DeletedUser

OH SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!

If you don't like it, quit the game if its a matter between life and death.

Like sdjx22 said, there's 2 ways to play this game, what did you expect from a game called "The West"? Pink ponies on a rainbow across a body of water?

Also, if your a worker who keeps on being dueled, and always the challenger wins, arrange a bank upgrade for your town, work in an area near your town, not on the other side of the map, try joining a town with alot more points, and if duelers are still affecting you, then just leave town! If you want to help the town your in, tell them your sick of duels, and want to change tactics; you want to leave, gain money, then join, and deposit into the town treasury!

Now for crying out loud, are you all immature adults between 20-40?!? Work out how to stop the problem, and if you can't, then this game is not for you, or your just to stupid to be called a human.

DeletedUser

Agree with the above posters.

From the duelling perspective;
I don't think i ever started an argument saying 'duellers should have it easier'.
It just arose countering the ideas of people who want to drive it out of existence.
When did you last see a dueller complain that they couldn't do as many jobs as other classes?

But I'm prepared to live with the limitations of duellers as long as we aren't being constantly chipped away at with attempts to neuter duelling thinly disguised as 'game ideas'

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm a newbie.
As a matter of fact, I both enjoyed Sim City AND Tribal Wars.
And after reading those very interesting posts, I'm really happy: I'm gonna have pleasure playing Jobbers AND playing Duelers.:D
Seems to me this game is quite cool :D

BTW, Ulthor and sdjx22, great and convincing argumentation ;)

DeletedUser

To everyone complaining about being duelled: it is a part of the game, get used to it. Take measures to protect yourself, by not keeping that much money on you. If you get caught out and lose, you only lose 1/3 of your cash. If you've banked it before you went out to work, that won't amount to a great deal.

To everyone complaining about duellers having a hard time: let it go. You chose that path. It's difficult to make a good living out of it, so what? If you don't like it you can always start again and be someone else.

Amen to the above. :)

By the way, duelers/soldiers should make good money. You are either in an early world or not dueling the right way if you don't.

DeletedUser

How much money do you make as a dueller? My average is less than $50 a day.

DeletedUser

If duelists wouldn't pick the easy targets, they would probably gain more money and experience (I know not all of them do, but most around our town do.) I'm not a duelist, in fact, I'm mainly a builder. In spite of that, I've gained 329 exp points and $323 from duels in the last week. I've probably gained less than 300 exp and no money from building.

I don't want dueling taken out, but I want to see only duelists I can beat (with full pockets) challenge me!

DeletedUser

If it was only 3 levels, it wouldn't be bad at all. I (and other town members) have been challenged by people 8 or more levels higher. That just seems too one-sided, especially when the higher level person is a duelist and the lower level one isn't.
Then the soulution is simple ? respecc to dueling. In real life(wars) the peasents/civilians are often killed by soldiers, thats the way it is. If your so much into building your town, then you should put some priority into bank, and get it to lvl 4 or higher as soon as you can = no money lost
Dueling IS the best way to get exp. Money , well that is luck, depending on what the opponent is carrying. Got 380 a few minutes ago. I always try to duel atleast 5 levels higher players.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Then the soulution is simple ? respecc to dueling. In real life(wars) the peasents/civilians are often killed by soldiers, thats the way it is. If your so much into building your town, then you should put some priority into bank, and get it to lvl 4 or higher as soon as you can = no money lost
Dueling IS the best way to get exp. Money , well that is luck, depending on what the opponent is carrying. Got 380 a few minutes ago. I always try to duel atleast 5 levels higher players.

If you're dueling players higher than yourself, you aren't one of those I was talking about. One of our best contributors in town quit the game because he started losing his money every time he worked (before he could get to the bank) by people who got almost no experience from the duels. Just as soldiers don't get praised for killing unarmed women and children in a war, I don't see beating someone who has no chance of defending themselves and teaches you next to nothing to be something for a duelist to be proud of.

DeletedUser

And it doesn't get you much experience either, so that takes care of the problem.
What tend to happen is someone walks around with $1000 and gets duelled and loses $333 of it. the wise ones learn not to do it and the stupid ones come on here saying 'change the game so i can never lose'

Status
Not open for further replies.