Players' Countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

A 'brummie' is someone from the city of birmingham in the uk. It would also generally include people from the nearby cities of coventry,wolverhampton, dudley etc. because the accents of those places are very similar.
In a way saying 'okie' is right because 'brummies' are often regarded [and i'm not saying this is right!] as being a bit simple.
The accent is hard to describe but it is certainly not a 'cultured' upper-class accent. nor does it have the gritty quality of the more Northern accents, such as Yorkshire.

There are probably more famous brummies than belgians. The actors 'timothy spall' and warren clarke, the singer of 'slade' noddy holder have distinctive 'brummie' accents, Brum is the spiritual home of heavy metal music with such luminaries as Led Zeppelin and, of course, Black Sabbath who many non-uk residents will be familiar with in the form of ozzie osbourne- who has something of a 'brummie' accent.

DeletedUser

A 'brummie' is someone from the city of birmingham in the uk. It would also generally include people from the nearby cities of coventry,wolverhampton, dudley etc. because the accents of those places are very similar.
In a way saying 'okie' is right because 'brummies' are often regarded [and i'm not saying this is right!] as being a bit simple.
The accent is hard to describe but it is certainly not a 'cultured' upper-class accent. nor does it have the gritty quality of the more Northern accents, such as Yorkshire.

There are probably more famous brummies than belgians. The actors 'timothy spall' and warren clarke, the singer of 'slade' noddy holder have distinctive 'brummie' accents, Brum is the spiritual home of heavy metal music with such luminaries as Led Zeppelin and, of course, Black Sabbath who many non-uk residents will be familiar with in the form of ozzie osbourne- who has something of a 'brummie' accent.

Thanks ULTHOR, sorry for my slowness.

DeletedUser

Sofia,Bulgaria :Dohhh yeah im not the only bulgarian (party) :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Dont mean to be picky but like. Im from Wolverhampton and we dont get called Brummies. A Brummie is stricktly a Birmingham person in my eyes and many people from Wolverhampton would say that too. Unless you support West bromich albion or Birmigham FC.. And then well itd be a swear word.

So as you can tell.. Im from Wolverhampton, Uk and im keeping the black and gold flag flying high. ;)

DeletedUser

Russia may be cool, but Mass. owns.....even though America is corrupt:dryb:Japan owns all.....

DeletedUser

U.S.A ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!:D

And my dad gives a shout out to everyone in RUSSIA.

Especially Irkutsk!

Status
Not open for further replies.